PDA

View Full Version : LE PC Version in US?

vanbuskirks
09-03-2009, 02:28 AM
Having read multiple places that the US exclusive (and only) LE version is the Master Assassin Edition is not going to be offered for PC gamers made me sad. I want to avoid my anti-console rant (consoles are only good for halo and sports games), but its hard when it seems like ubisoft made a pretty poor decision. I understand PC gamers are less prevalent in the US and that we Americans are too much of consumer *****s to avoid the blitzkreig that is console marketing, but for us select few with the ability to actually INSTALL a game, not having a LE PC edition in the US is extremely disappointing. I feel unnecessarily ignored.

The less whiny and more practical side of me wants to ask if any of you generous and kind Brits/Aussies would want to PO a Black Edition for me I will pay for EVERYTHING as well as double the shipping as a payment for your service. Please let me know.

vanbuskirks
09-03-2009, 02:28 AM
Having read multiple places that the US exclusive (and only) LE version is the Master Assassin Edition is not going to be offered for PC gamers made me sad. I want to avoid my anti-console rant (consoles are only good for halo and sports games), but its hard when it seems like ubisoft made a pretty poor decision. I understand PC gamers are less prevalent in the US and that we Americans are too much of consumer *****s to avoid the blitzkreig that is console marketing, but for us select few with the ability to actually INSTALL a game, not having a LE PC edition in the US is extremely disappointing. I feel unnecessarily ignored.

The less whiny and more practical side of me wants to ask if any of you generous and kind Brits/Aussies would want to PO a Black Edition for me I will pay for EVERYTHING as well as double the shipping as a payment for your service. Please let me know.

caswallawn_2k7
09-03-2009, 09:23 AM
C-swain DVD reigon coding only aplies to DVD video, DVD rom works any were there is no import limitations on any PC software and there never has been. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

it's only consoles that lock you too a riegon.

vanbuskirks
09-03-2009, 05:24 PM
So, it is possible then? I would hate to go thru all that trouble and have it not work? If it's true would u seriously be down swain?

Jobbigt42
09-04-2009, 06:38 AM
I think the game will work, but the behind the scenes DVD will probably be region locked.

Another alternative would be to buy both the Master Assassins Edition and the standard PC edition and then sell the 360/PS3 game disc on ebay.

caswallawn_2k7
09-04-2009, 09:13 AM
as said the only problem will most likly be the extras DVD as it could be riegon coded, but on a PC there are plenty of free programs on the internet that allow you to bypass riegon codes for DVD/Blu-ray movies as I use them quite often as I get imports from america.

vanbuskirks
09-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Both of those ideas seem feasible, and I thank you kindly, sirs.