PDA

View Full Version : Pvp vs pve

bannex19
05-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Have they given a reason why the pvp matches give more xp/rewards than the pve ones?

On paper it seems like a stupid question but I honestly don't really understand why people who love the game but prefer to pve are considered second class.

Waynedetta40k
05-25-2018, 07:43 PM
I honestly don't really understand why people who [...] but prefer to pve are considered second class.

Its not you beeing considered second class because obviously you get the same rewards as anyone playing the game.
Its PvE beeing second class content in a PvP game. Its also an incentive for people to play PvP instead of PvE.

bannex19
05-25-2018, 07:50 PM
So a game with arguably more pve content is a pvp game?

Look, I understand that I can probably rattle off 1.5 dominion pve matches to a pvp one unless there is a huge mismatch in teams but honestly I bet they're pretty close especially if you get a couple of bots.

UbiJurassic
05-25-2018, 11:23 PM
While I can't speak to the developer's exact intent, PvP is generally considered harder than PvE. While AI has come a long way in the past few years, there are still ways in which someone can "game the system" to win against AI. In PvP, you are playing against an actual person who can readily adapt to different playstyles or scenarios. Whether or not they do so effectively may vary based on their overall experience playing.

Vakris_One
05-26-2018, 01:50 AM
Have they given a reason why the pvp matches give more xp/rewards than the pve ones?

On paper it seems like a stupid question but I honestly don't really understand why people who love the game but prefer to pve are considered second class.
It's not that they consider PvE second class. It's that PvP is harder than PvAI so the rewards are justifiably higher.

ArchDukeInstinct
05-26-2018, 02:04 AM
Because PvE is basically free as long as you play defensively.