PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha?

CptMatsumaru
05-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Hey guys,

I have a question for the Aramusha player.

So, I often read that Aramusha needs a buff or rework.
Well, I switched to Aramusha now and wondering why he needs a rework ?!

I noticed the following points. Light attacks I use as well as not at all except to stop heavy attacks, if it is not a HyperArmor hero.
And as I've heard, Aramusha has no unbreakables except the zone attack.
So, first I thought too: Wow. Spamming Aramusha's heavy attacks is really hardcore for the opponent. No. Yes, if it comes to 5-8 heavy strokes in a row, it is enormous, often works only against bots.
Against moderate players, will be parried at the latest the 2nd. Unless the endless chain of heavy blows is rather counterproductive.
The defender gets "revenge" and you stand there like a smiling dog and wait for what comes.
But I think the Jumpforward + Heavy + light hyper armor really practical.

All in all, I think Aramusha is a moderated hero. I really miss only one sensible: dodge attack like "Kensei". And an unblockable attack at the end of the "heavy spam".

Of course I spent a few laps in Deathball and often went out with a KD of 8 to 3 or like the day before yesterday with a KD 17 to 1.

What do you all mean?

Or rather says: Who has Aramusha as Main and what do you find critical?

best regards,
Matsumaru

BTTrinity
05-25-2018, 07:22 PM
I dont main him, but I do have some experience with him.... The issue with Aramusha is that whatever he does, Zerk does better.... There are 0 reasons to play Ara over Zerk other than style points.

Aramusha's entire mixup is shut down by the most basic form of defense, blocking and rolling. (Try that with Zerk, hes gonna roll catch you with his gap closers.... But Ara cant cancel his mixups into a dodge like Zerk)

His all guard is very high risk, low reward.. its the only guard that requires you to block an attack to get anything out of it.... And the things you do get out of it are very inconsistent and dont work half the time.

Aramusha is basically in the same position as old kensei, a noob stomping hero.

If I were to buff Aramusha... It would probably the following:

- Fix bugs like being able to be GB'd before the first attack of the zone connects; not being able to throw an opponent when they're facing eachother when next to a wall, Ara CANNOT throw the person toward the wall but will instead throw behind him.

- Top Heavy Finisher Deadly Feint Speed Increase to be on par with the rest of his feints

- Possibly give Top Heavy Deadly Feints HA (if the first one isnt enough)

- Deadly Feint Applied to the startup of his zone attacks unblockable

- Give him the ability to cancel his heavy finishers into a dash attack

Now to balance out the risk reward factor of Blade Blockade

- Give him the ability to cancel ALL heavy's into Blade Blockade

- Fury Unleashed guaranteed off all light attacks including zones 500 ms and faster.

This way Ring the Bell is still your bread and butter punish, but when you all guard faster attacks you get a top heavy for good damage.

RexXZ347
05-26-2018, 12:31 PM
With all the reworked character i think aramusha deserves one too.

CptMatsumaru
05-26-2018, 04:23 PM
I dont main him, but I do have some experience with him.... The issue with Aramusha is that whatever he does, Zerk does better.... There are 0 reasons to play Ara over Zerk other than style points.

Aramusha's entire mixup is shut down by the most basic form of defense, blocking and rolling. (Try that with Zerk, hes gonna roll catch you with his gap closers.... But Ara cant cancel his mixups into a dodge like Zerk)

His all guard is very high risk, low reward.. its the only guard that requires you to block an attack to get anything out of it.... And the things you do get out of it are very inconsistent and dont work half the time.

Aramusha is basically in the same position as old kensei, a noob stomping hero.

If I were to buff Aramusha... It would probably the following:

- Fix bugs like being able to be GB'd before the first attack of the zone connects; not being able to throw an opponent when they're facing eachother when next to a wall, Ara CANNOT throw the person toward the wall but will instead throw behind him.

- Top Heavy Finisher Deadly Feint Speed Increase to be on par with the rest of his feints

- Possibly give Top Heavy Deadly Feints HA (if the first one isnt enough)

- Deadly Feint Applied to the startup of his zone attacks unblockable

- Give him the ability to cancel his heavy finishers into a dash attack

Now to balance out the risk reward factor of Blade Blockade

- Give him the ability to cancel ALL heavy's into Blade Blockade

- Fury Unleashed guaranteed off all light attacks including zones 500 ms and faster.

This way Ring the Bell is still your bread and butter punish, but when you all guard faster attacks you get a top heavy for good damage.

Thanks!

Archaelion
05-26-2018, 04:47 PM
He's a worse berserker. He needs hyper armor simply to compete. After that, he needs a dodge attack. How on earth does this agile character NOT have a dodge attack?

RexXZ347
05-27-2018, 11:54 PM
He's a worse berserker. He needs hyper armor simply to compete. After that, he needs a dodge attack. How on earth does this agile character NOT have a dodge attack?

imagine he can quickly dash teleport into attack and can't even dodge attack. Funny. Great job ubisoft.

Lord_Cherubi
05-28-2018, 03:10 AM

Maybe Ubi doesn't want to give every character a dodge attack? I mean it would make sense i Ara's case with him being so agile but not every hero needs to have that, we already have too many if you ask me.

Besides giving him a lightning fast dodge attack would be another step in the direction of making him yet another demonic assasin, while he's supposed to be a hybrid.

RexXZ347
05-28-2018, 04:48 PM
Maybe Ubi doesn't want to give every character a dodge attack? I mean it would make sense i Ara's case with him being so agile but not every hero needs to have that, we already have too many if you ask me.

Besides giving him a lightning fast dodge attack would be another step in the direction of making him yet another demonic assasin, while he's supposed to be a hybrid.

yyyyyeeeeah.... So just let ara be on the bottom of the food chain? A valkyrie is also a hybrid. But she has deflect. The aramusha is a vanguard/heavy hybrid so he deserves an unblockable and hyper armor

IAmOddGirl
05-28-2018, 10:45 PM
The only thing about Aramusha I like is he gets a heavy from a heavy parry. Other than that I don't even find him worth selecting. I played him to rep 2 when he released, then another rep during season 5. I find him to be really lackluster for me.