PDA

View Full Version : Revenge idea

Pain-Seeker
05-24-2018, 11:20 PM
First of all this idea of mine just came out of nowhere while watching todays stream so dont take it too seriously .
When they said they are looking into revenge i though to my self whats rly wrong with revenge and what could make it better. Theres no problem with revenge itself its with the amout of unblocable CC abilities that so many charactres have right now . It might be a rly dumb idea but i think it could work . While you are in revenge all unblocable moves except for direct dmg abilities like raiders zone or chain finishers would be inaffective. That means no more lawbringers pancakes, centrions kick , shamans headbutt etc. This alone would make surviving and even counter attacking a lot easier without the need to make the revenge OP again to be actualy usefull .

UbiJurassic
05-25-2018, 03:00 AM
Thanks for sharing the idea, Pain-Seeker! Our game director discussed earlier today that they are taking a look at possible changes to revenge for the future, so we appreciate you sharing your idea with us!

What are everyone else's thoughts? :)

OhHowSheGoingEh
05-25-2018, 04:57 AM
Thanks for sharing the idea, Pain-Seeker! Our game director discussed earlier today that they are taking a look at possible changes to revenge for the future, so we appreciate you sharing your idea with us!

What are everyone else's thoughts? :)

Here are my ideas.
1.) Immune to crowd control like Shugoki death hug, Conqueror shield bash, Lawbringers long arm anything that forces a dodge reaction. Reasoning for this is to allow the poor fool being ganked on to have a fighting chance since hes already out numbered, it's hard to evade all of that when when there's three others attacking and gb spamming you.
2.) Make unblockables become blockable but now they do increased damage to people in revenge not a staggering amount maybe 5 or 10% more damage since it's not guaranteed damage anymore.
3.) Popping revenge has a bigger window auto parry and knocks EVERYONE down (rock steady will not save you anymore)
4.) Increase defence more, I'm not sure by how much but not like it was in season one where Lawbringers we're practically immune to all damage, Lower the damage you do by 7%.
5.) Revenge attacks bypass and cancel out hyper armor. If to people have revenge and are fighting each other revenge will behave as if they didn't have revenge going (it still affects those who don't have revenge going.)
Bonus, blocking external player will counter gurad break automatically. (Maybe too much)

Camemberto
05-25-2018, 08:11 AM
Remove revenge, fix the rest of the system.

Here's what you need to do in a nutshell:

1. Nerf offense
slow down all attacks
remove UB-softfeints
hyper armor is interrupted by heavy attacks
GB only gives light

2. Make defense more available
slower attacks
less/no hitstun

3. Nerf defense, to where it's ONLY defense, and NOT offense
blocks on lights wouldn't interrupt light chains
blocks on heavies would cause chip damage
parries on lights guarantee light
parries on heavy guarantee nothing
parries on unblockables still guarantee light

You can't balance a game by improving a crutch system. Revenge wouldn't even be needed if the rest of the system was balanced in the first place.