PDA

View Full Version : About SubSerpent's racist words

Mix-Martes86
12-12-2004, 07:55 AM
He wrote this in the spam-thread "Silent Hunter III To Be Released In Arabic.....Spainsh Version Cancelled":

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SubSerpent:
Sux to be spanish <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These words are a real racist insult.
I'll politely ask you to create a new thread and publically retract from that sentence and publically apologize for all the damage you've made to the Spanish-speaking community with your words. If you don't do, I may take more serious actions.

Mix-Martes86
12-12-2004, 07:55 AM
He wrote this in the spam-thread "Silent Hunter III To Be Released In Arabic.....Spainsh Version Cancelled":

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SubSerpent:
Sux to be spanish <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These words are a real racist insult.
I'll politely ask you to create a new thread and publically retract from that sentence and publically apologize for all the damage you've made to the Spanish-speaking community with your words. If you don't do, I may take more serious actions.

DerSchweiger
12-12-2004, 07:57 AM
if i would write such things, (as a german) they would call me a "nazi"

Mix-Martes86
12-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Yeah, and it would be quite sad to see such thing.

Lanzfeld
12-12-2004, 08:04 AM
No......
A nazi would be someone who tells you what you can and can't say.

Jose.MaC
12-12-2004, 10:54 AM
I always thought that the word was Lanzfeld or Subserpent, not nazi.

Messervy
12-12-2004, 11:24 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
I lost you there....

julien673
12-12-2004, 11:45 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Dominicrigg
12-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Its not racism, spanish, english germans ect are the same race. Its xenophobia.

hauitsme
12-12-2004, 12:07 PM
xenophobia - * Fear (phobia) of strangers (xeno-) and of the unknown. Both racism and homophobia are sometimes reduced to xenophobia.* Dislike of foreigners. Often a dislike of representatives of a particular nation.* The word xenophobic is often used as a political insult against racists, isolationists, and nationalists....

racist -
# noun: a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others
# adjective: based on racial intolerance
# adjective: discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion

Dominicrigg
12-12-2004, 12:15 PM
The human dictionary!!

And what i meant to say is its not either, but its nearest to xenophobia. But all hes doing is having a laugh, which I found funny...

But maybe we should all just take a step back and smell what we are shovelling lmao

Lets have a public flogging for the next person to mention spain!!

Mix-Martes86
12-12-2004, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hauitsme:
xenophobia - * Fear (phobia) of strangers (xeno-) and of the unknown. Both racism and homophobia are sometimes reduced to xenophobia.* Dislike of foreigners. Often a dislike of representatives of a particular nation.* The word xenophobic is often used as a political insult against racists, isolationists, and nationalists....

racist -
# noun: a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others
# adjective: based on racial intolerance
# adjective: discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you're very right there, I'll use it instead of the very traditional "racism".

thefalen
12-13-2004, 11:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>racā·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)
n.
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Racist

I beleive that he sympathizes with you, and not that he beleives he is better based on his NOT being spanish. Dont just assume its a racist comment.

HeibgesU999
12-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Actually, "it sucks to be ______", is a very common english expression.

Closely related to "_________ from hell."

But hardly racist.

Capt.LoneRanger
12-14-2004, 02:53 AM
Errr,I beg your pardon, but AFAIK, according to this quote from the dictionary and considering what you called a Nazi, it's clear that this kind of person is somebody who dislikes other races, cultures and languages, denies accepting them, is an isolationist (somebody who prefers to speak their own language, preserve their own culture and stuff), etc.

So, if this is really the description of a racist, a Nazi or a phenophobican, that's really funny, cause these are exactly the reasons, why Mix-Martes86 and other people leading this Spanish Campaign are doing this and it is exactly WHAT they are doing.

I'd be very cautious if I were you, Mix-Martes86, insisting on your right as Spanish, your right for something because you are many, Spanish is spoken in many countries or something.
These reasons are very similar to the ones Nazis used to declare, why THEY had the right to take the world under their control.

If this campaign didn't stop before, I strongly suggest it stops HERE!

Mix-Martes86
12-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Capt.LoneRanger, I'm answering you just because you exposed your point of view in a good manners.

You can't compare our protest with the Nazi's because we're not willing a Spanish world, and we're not doing neither saying anything that the Nazis did. That's all.

If you had read my post about my official postion now, you would know that I won't answer any more spam or insultive argument against the Spanish-speaking community, the 24th Flotilla and myself, so you could consider the personal attack issue closed. I still support the Flotilla in this issue and I'll still do it till is no longer needed, but I've should have added that I wouldn't defend the "campaign" in a so intense way to avoid personal attacks that will only end in more problems and spam.
By reading my words, you should also know that I don't have direct control over the protests. I only act as a representative for the Spanish-speaking users and as an adviser. That means that they're free to do whatever they want, and if they want to post in Spanish, they'll do if it is needed.

This is my last post about the issue. I won't be explaining my position all over the year because it is clear enough so you can read it here.

Capt.LoneRanger
12-14-2004, 10:01 AM
There's a nice saying I remembered, reading this thread, so I answered:

If you point the index finger at somebody else, the other four fingers are pointed at yourself.

I didn't mean personally attack YOU, Mix-Martes86, but as YOU started this Nazi-BravoSierra-thread, I wanted to give you a chance to reflect about the expression you used and if you really want to drag the conversation into this direction. Obviously you didn't.

I also wonder, why you keep saying you won't reply to posts and threads complaining about this campaign, yet open threads like these!?

Mix-Martes86
12-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Again, this is not a Nazi thread, and it never will be. If you didn't know, Nazis did worse things than me. I just wanted him to apologize.

I opened this thread before I decided not to answer to posts and threads complaining about this campaign.

bertgang
12-14-2004, 10:34 AM
I think that this topic is progressively degenerating, and people doesn't want to understand each other.

thefalen
12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
I bet lanzfeld would apoligize...

if you apologized on behalf of the spanish community here for what they did here.

just a thought

one.zero
12-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Policing words and speach is absoloute idiocy. What kinda of a PC bunch of wusses are running around here?

Anyone should be able to say anything they like at anytime. Stop wasting time and space worrying about what somethings context was, might have been, or attempting to portraty is as you might wish it to have been. my goodness people...get over it. If someone says or does something you don't like.....ignore them...simple as that.

Don't waste your life tattle tailing and playing hall monitor.

Get A Grip.

hauitsme
12-14-2004, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>one.zero:
Anyone should be able to say anything they like at anytime. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You know nothing. Inform yourself: Terms of Use (http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm)

one.zero
12-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Yeh!!!

I could just make up requiements and restrictions upon everyone for anything I like...that doesnt make it right or even logical.

Don't fall so easily as prey to divide and concquer strategies used in cultural engineering and heerding.

dse1010
12-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Now obviously if someone was using this forum to promote truly racist ideas, this kind of thread would be logical. But saying "sux to be spanish" in the context of the joke that sh3 will be released in arabic and not spanish(meaning it sux because there won't be a spanish release) clearly has no racist intent, and it is absurd and childish to post a request to make an official apology for that comment. This is just another incident of people wanting to be persecuted or trying to find something that will insult there heritage so they can make a big deal out of it.