PDA

View Full Version : Day/Night cycle

Nox_29
05-24-2018, 02:01 PM
I've always enjoyed it when games add in a day and night cycle. It changes the aesthetics a lot. Now that I'm seeing street lanterns etc in the livestreams,I really think it could look cool in Anno 1800. With some light shining out of the windows of the buildings, and the light of the fires coming out of the factories. It could be something special. It doesn't even need to change any game functions, just visuals.

What do you think? Would you like a day and night cycle? Or do you think Anno doesn't really need it?

stylisticsagi
05-25-2018, 07:02 AM
I would not have a problem with day/night cycle however it does break the immirsion when it is night and all of your factories and farms would keep working...
Making them stop working is suddenly quite a change. If any would do something like this then seasons would be cooler, however they would even have a bigger impact on gameplay.

iruet
05-26-2018, 11:12 AM
I think both ideas are cool, but there are quite some challenges to all... But I disagree with what you said styli, during the night most people do not eat... So it would only delay the time in which you get your goods

Seasons would be cool too, but I dont see the positive thing this will add for anno

I believe both ideas are good, but the flaws of them make me say I am not interested to have these in anno atm :)

PearlTrader
05-27-2018, 01:40 AM
The perfect outcome would be:

1- Add both Day/Night cycle and seasons.

2- Add an option in the settings so players can toggle on/off both separately.

By this i mean visually only without any effect on actual gameplay.

Now this is just each player personal taste but it would be nice to see the time cycles.

MuscleSpider
06-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Make a day/night cycle for sure, seasons would be really cool but not mandatory.

ruuti0
06-04-2018, 09:04 PM
I would not have a problem with day/night cycle however it does break the immirsion when it is night and all of your factories and farms would keep working...
Making them stop working is suddenly quite a change. If any would do something like this then seasons would be cooler, however they would even have a bigger impact on gameplay.

There is no reason for them stop working, since they haven't stop working even if you play 100 hours in row (speaking previous games now of course), so in my opinion it could turn to night and still keep going on. It would be in my opinion as realistic as it was before, because they never stop working and in my opinion that isn't problem, it worked great before too in Anno series.

v0str0yenVI
06-12-2018, 07:54 PM
I think seasons would be really awesome !!

There would be snow everywere in winter, naked trees and leaves in the city in automn, and colorfull flowers in spring ! If the balance is right, probably with spring/summer lasting longer than automn/winter, it would be realy nice !

Ubi-Zoro
06-17-2018, 10:45 PM
Thanks for sharing your ideas, everyone!

Day/Night might make for an interesting optional difficulty setting, making it impossible for most businesses to function (at least at full efficiency) over night.