PDA

View Full Version : Warlord All Block

XJadeDragoonX
05-22-2018, 03:53 PM
Why isn't his hit confirmed after? Every other all stance move has a confirmed hit. Not that there's a lot, but still

Hormly
05-22-2018, 04:16 PM
Warlords slowly falling apart with every update. His FB is pretty lousy, his unique parry now useless.

At least we still have that sweet sweet headbut for 12dmg. And dont forget our myriad of combos

XJadeDragoonX
05-22-2018, 04:19 PM
The amount of people I've had to headbutt to death would astound you

Ubi-Jimothy
05-22-2018, 04:44 PM
Hey XJadeDragoonX,

I'll make sure to forward this on to the team! Cheers for giving us your feedback, it's super useful and we're all ears if you have anything more to share!

Regards,

Jim.

Tyrjo
05-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Headbutt is more of a liability than an asset. It's not "an opener" like most people claim, because it is 100% predictable and will only get you GB:n.

But this was about the FB, sorry. Yes, it's a pretty useless move. Spend half your stamina bar for some chip dmg if your timing isn't right. Or even worse, get parried. Go for the poke? Spend half your stamina, get chip dmg and do 12 dmg...

bannex19
05-22-2018, 05:45 PM
The warlord doesn't even need a rework, he has a great kit. He just needs to function similar to every other hero and maybe have his damage back to pre nerf.

Yes he was OP in beta and slightly OP at launch but that was a long time ago. Even his beta form is nowhere close to the nonsense that is the shaman

Hormly
05-22-2018, 06:48 PM
He has dropped in the tier list with every dlc and major update. But if they only were to rework his FB to be usable, rework his parry to be usable yet situational (i like having more than one option after a parry) and give him a light light and heavy heavy combo id be all set.

I think the headbutt is fine as is honestly, just knowing its there prevents your opponent from relaxing too much

At the moment his only tool that is still useful is hyper armor ln heavies

Knight_Raime
05-22-2018, 07:22 PM
Headbutt is more of a liability than an asset. It's not "an opener" like most people claim, because it is 100% predictable and will only get you GB:n.

But this was about the FB, sorry. Yes, it's a pretty useless move. Spend half your stamina bar for some chip dmg if your timing isn't right. Or even worse, get parried. Go for the poke? Spend half your stamina, get chip dmg and do 12 dmg...

Actually it's pretty hard to react to a random headbutt. If your opponent plays predictably you can easily dodge and punish. But if it's only sprinkled in on occasion it's hard to react to. That said though you could land 3 headbutts in a row on anyone and if the opponent manages to avoid or hit you on the 4th you've pretty much evened out or in some cases out did the damage the warlord just did to you via the headbutt confirmed poke.

Beyond HB the only other thing he has is his crashing mix up.

Card1acArrest
05-22-2018, 08:32 PM
you guys talking 4v4?...

my son did a 22-2 round with him yesterday :) not even sure it was his best score.

vs a good warlord in dominion they always end up like top 2 on team?

he got counterattack and hyper and 150 hp.

he got the best throw.

his zone is quite good imo.

do you guys do worse with your warlords than your other classes?

Hormly
05-22-2018, 11:07 PM
you guys talking 4v4?...

my son did a 22-2 round with him yesterday :) not even sure it was his best score.

vs a good warlord in dominion they always end up like top 2 on team?

he got counterattack and hyper and 150 hp.

he got the best throw.

his zone is quite good imo.

do you guys do worse with your warlords than your other classes?

Are you saying that when your son plays warlord his FB confirms damage? That his unique parry is still usable after the parry changes? Youd have to be saying that for this response to be relevant to anything that this thread is addressing

ONYX_x5
05-23-2018, 12:25 AM
Just give a tad more range. He should reach just a bit further than his toes. Look back at day 1. Bring back that shield upper cut thing he could do. Not the counter, but the attack. The original board and blade.

Dry.Fish
05-23-2018, 12:37 AM
I started to mix up what I use after FB. Sometime I will go for a poke, HB and poke, delay a light or sword and board. Really depends on their guard direction.