PDA

View Full Version : Question about gear that you scavenge...

RenegadeTX2000
05-21-2018, 10:33 PM
So there's certain types of armor that is locked but I can see the design of how it looks on my character but it's not choosable when it comes to customization. While other gear that's telling me I also have to scavenge on the battlefield but it's cloaked in dark not allowing me to identify it's design until I actually find it on the battlefield as well...

What's the difference? is the locked gear possible to equip even though it's telling me to scavenge on the battlefield and I know what it looks like vs Gear that's also telling me to look for it on the battlefield but it's cloaked in darkness?

Dry.Fish
05-22-2018, 12:20 AM
Locked gear is impossible to equip or change the appearance. Gear that is locked and blacked out should only be the new event gear and weapons which an * symbol that you haven't scavenged yet. Normal gear let's you see the appearance but it's locked for customisation until you find them.

HazelrahFirefly
05-22-2018, 02:16 AM
The real answer is that the system is buggy. There will be things you've definitely looted that are locked down, and yet you'll be able to preview pieces you've never looted.