PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone even playing Carousel of Death?

Vakris_One
05-21-2018, 09:37 PM
All I get is low activity and 5-7 minute wait times to get enough people for a match ever since day 1 of Season 6. Is this mode the most unpopular event mode that Ubi have ever introduced or is something screwy going on with the servers?

How many people cue up for this mode on PC? Raise your hand.

BTTrinity
05-21-2018, 09:51 PM
I dont really like the game mode. to hectic for me.... with the 3 matches I played, everyone would literally stop and focus me down the second I came back... Its been a few months since I actually played so I probably just need to warm up to being outnumbered again but I did not have fun those few matches.

Im on PC as well

Baggin_
05-21-2018, 09:51 PM
🙋*♂️

GeneraISoIo
05-21-2018, 10:14 PM
I am playing the crap out of it. I don't play PvP though. This mode is the only reason why I am currently playing For Honor. Hoping we get some other modes that will bring me back. E3!!!

Klingentaenz3r
05-21-2018, 10:23 PM
I am bound to play vs AI there since I can't find any player matches atm. Tried so far on several days. I wonder what it would be like against and with other players. Should be a good multifight training and maybe interesting to play with actual mates too. :/

Pain-Seeker
05-21-2018, 10:46 PM
Thats what happens when devs create a game mode thats the definition of gankfest meta everyone hates...

HazelrahFirefly
05-22-2018, 12:20 AM
It's weird that I enjoy the mode so much... I don't play that often though, and I'm on PS4.

Helnekromancer
05-22-2018, 12:24 AM
I play on Xbox and it also takes about 3-5mins now, first day is was heavily populated, but like I said in an earlier thread, it's a very fun game mode, but it's also very cheesy. If the enemy has 1-2 tanks you just lose because the guy playing the tank just waits to be the last person and hunkers, basically he's the anchor and it's impossible to kill him in 30secs if your team can't spam unblockables.

If your team doesn't have 1-2 tanks or spam-able unblockables you just lose and lose fast. That's why I was hoping for a Free-For-All mode instead no teams, no ganking, no feats, no gear, just you and 7 other people in a arena. Hopefully we see that at E3.

I like this mode alot but not everyone like getting constantly ganked.

UbiInsulin
05-22-2018, 12:24 AM
All I get is low activity and 5-7 minute wait times to get enough people for a match ever since day 1 of Season 6. Is this mode the most unpopular event mode that Ubi have ever introduced or is something screwy going on with the servers?

There's been some issues with the level of activity displayed to players across the various modes, and this is still something the team is monitoring. We've also made them aware of potential issues with matchmaking times based on a few threads here and on the subreddit.

Cuckk_Monkey
05-22-2018, 02:09 AM
i really like the game mode, it's fun. but against a vicious 4 stack and you're solo, it's brutal but also bring out the flaws in the gank meta. i've got some solutions and i'm about to make a post about this right now to balance revenge and gank metas.

SpaceJim12
05-22-2018, 01:03 PM

I can't see any chance to survive there without premade. We tried gamemode last weekend, but this compleatly one match, than go to queue again, cause if one opponent left, another three will go after him. Nobody want to stay 4v3vbot in this gamemode.
So after couple matches I just goes vs.AI in this mode to do orders.
Btw I noticed fun bug, when playing vs.AI with matchmaking switched off. I loaded, than all enemy bots loaded, than they all go to kill me, cause none of my bots loaded.=) After 30sec. of ultimate surviving, my bots joined session.

It's intresting gamemode, but with all issues around 1vX it's just little bit unplayable.

David_gorda
05-22-2018, 02:41 PM
Was ok, but i prefer tribute or dominion. Shame ubisoft are stubborn and Continue release small maps which encourage the deathball meta.

BTTrinity
05-22-2018, 03:05 PM
Was ok, but i prefer tribute or dominion. Shame ubisoft are stubborn and Continue release small maps which encourage the deathball meta.

Deathball can be fixed through other means...

Most are in agreement that the zone system needs a bit of changing.....

On the capture zones, a player needs to be in it at all times if you want that zone generating points (Just like every other game with this game-mode)

On the minion zones, a player needs to be killing minions if you want that zone generating points.

This would encourage death-ballers to split apart and actually play by the obj like Dominion should be played.

Feats also need to die

David_gorda
05-22-2018, 04:13 PM
Deathball can be fixed through other means...

Most are in agreement that the zone system needs a bit of changing.....

On the capture zones, a player needs to be in it at all times if you want that zone generating points (Just like every other game with this game-mode)

On the minion zones, a player needs to be killing minions if you want that zone generating points.

This would encourage death-ballers to split apart and actually play by the obj like Dominion should be played.

Feats also need to die
Agreed all good points.

Vakris_One
05-22-2018, 04:33 PM
I dont really like the game mode. to hectic for me.... with the 3 matches I played, everyone would literally stop and focus me down the second I came back... Its been a few months since I actually played so I probably just need to warm up to being outnumbered again but I did not have fun those few matches.

Im on PC as well
To be honest I thought I wouldn't like this mode given that I started to strongly dislike the Dance of Death mode because of cheesy playstyles. But I ended up really liking Carousel of Death because it's such a fun team vs team fight and it's enjoyably fast paced. Unlike Dominion or Tribute you don't suddenly get caught in an outnumbered fight without enough of your teammates, both teams start equal and wittle each other down by playing smart as well as using brute force.

I think the single pick helps greatly so you don't get troll teams of all Lawbringersor double PK and Shamans, etc. The maps are also great; no ledges, no environment kills, not big enough to have PKs and Shinobi's running away when low on health. And best of all, no feats!

It's a bigger version of Brawl and there's lots of potential for skillful takedowns of the enemy team, thrilling clutch victories and for heroic last stands as you bide time for your teammates to respawn. I really think this mode should stay permanently. It's just a shame it's not more active.

There's been some issues with the level of activity displayed to players across the various modes, and this is still something the team is monitoring. We've also made them aware of potential issues with matchmaking times based on a few threads here and on the subreddit.
Thanks UbiInsulin. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it. It's strange for all modes except Dominion to have suddenly lost the majority of their playerbase while the Steam charts say the playerbase is experiencing a boon in numbers.

Soldier_of_Dawn
05-22-2018, 11:36 PM
Is anyone even playing Carousel of Death?

This PC player raises his hand!

Kelson27
05-23-2018, 03:04 PM
Iíve still never gotten into a game unfortunately. It sounds kinda great.

EvoX.
05-23-2018, 11:04 PM
Oh yeah, let me just que up for a massive gankfest of a mode.

No thanks.

HazelrahFirefly
05-23-2018, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah, let me just que up for a massive gankfest of a mode.

No thanks.

It's kinda better then all that. Yes, you do sometimes end up in 3v1 or 4v1 tanks, but for the most part it's a team effort and intense fun. Its frankly waaaaay less ganking then Dominion; bots typically gank harder than players even lol.

Helnekromancer
05-24-2018, 03:07 AM
It's kinda better then all that. Yes, you do sometimes end up in 3v1 or 4v1 tanks, but for the most part it's a team effort and intense fun. Its frankly waaaaay less ganking then Dominion; bots typically gank harder than players even lol.

Just been through 12 Carosel matches today on Xbox, if you are up against a premade, which is all that is lefted playing this along with a few randoms, its nothing but a gankfest. This would have been a fine game mode if it didn't allow premades. Premades dominate every team-based game mode, that's why I want a Free-For-All so bad so I can play this game for more than 2 hours without having to opt into PvAi while I watch Youtube videos.

Xeith98zz
05-24-2018, 05:15 AM
I have recently seen a post by somebody on the FH team about a patch coming at 8am Est or something like that, and its suppose to address all the issues we have been having with matchmaking + getting matched with ****ing people thay demolish me because im trash still, so fingers crossed. Patch notes are where you normally can find them. Check em out.