PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed "Death Match"

carboncopyinc
11-30-2007, 04:33 PM

carboncopyinc
11-30-2007, 04:33 PM

wepeel
11-30-2007, 04:38 PM
That's a nice pic and I don't want to rain on your parade, but personally I hope they focus all their efforts and all the available disc space on the single player content, fleshing out the story, adding new features, deepening the combat system and lengthening the campaign and its sidequests. Multiplayer would be a waste in my opinion, except maybe on a second disc made by a separate team or something if so.

dirtybird21
11-30-2007, 04:38 PM
A deathmatch doesn't sound that good really...

... but capture the flag would KICK ***! I can't believe in ever thought of that, It would be a really interesting game...

Tela
11-30-2007, 04:41 PM
....A "deathmatch" sounds a bit too much like Halo's "slayer". Eventualy it would get rather boring, even with the added free-running.

Sasori_x
11-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Races from one part of the city to another would be quite fun in my opinion.

MammothWaffle
11-30-2007, 04:52 PM
It can go much farther than just death matches and CTF

For Death Match though it would be nice if there was teams of 2+ and filter it out for even teams as more people join. The 4 cities would be a nice setting or perhaps just sections/arenas.. keep the citizens there so you can use them to lose the other assassins/pickpocket more knives and what not. not sure about keeping guards but it would be cool if another assassin on the same or opposite team could track one because he caused the guards to chase him. That way teammates can help or enemies can track easier.

CTF could be a cool Free for all CTF as in... capture the masyaf flag for your own glory and bring it back.. bla bla bla..

Then there could be a game mode called "siege" (or whatever you feel it should be named) where it would be one defending team of assassins and one offending. the defending group would have to try and protect key people that the AI will control (and of course guarded) and the opposing will have to assassinate them, this brings in some teamwork. Or it could also be like 1 team vs the other and each team has a high rank commanding assassin (controlled by a player) on their team and the others have to assassinate him

Then there could be territories... a lot action or shooter game has this stuff... and its pretty self explanitory, could be one sided or team ffa and by ffa i mean any territory could be up for grabs and capped.

Online Co-op is pretty overused at the moment but thats something cool...

Well... thats all that comes to mind at the moment.

carboncopyinc
11-30-2007, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MammothWaffle:
It can go much farther than just death matches and CTF

For Death Match though it would be nice if there was teams of 2+ and filter it out for even teams as more people join. The 4 cities would be a nice setting or perhaps just sections/arenas.. keep the citizens there so you can use them to lose the other assassins/pickpocket more knives and what not. not sure about keeping guards but it would be cool if another assassin on the same or opposite team could track one because he caused the guards to chase him. That way teammates can help or enemies can track easier.

CTF could be a cool Free for all CTF as in... capture the masyaf flag for your own glory and bring it back.. bla bla bla..

Then there could be a game mode called "siege" (or whatever you feel it should be named) where it would be one defending team of assassins and one offending. the defending group would have to try and protect key people that the AI will control (and of course guarded) and the opposing will have to assassinate them, this brings in some teamwork. Or it could also be like 1 team vs the other and each team has a high rank commanding assassin (controlled by a player) on their team and the others have to assassinate him

Then there could be territories... a lot action or shooter game has this stuff... and its pretty self explanitory, could be one sided or team ffa and by ffa i mean any territory could be up for grabs and capped.

Online Co-op is pretty overused at the moment but thats something cool...

Well... thats all that comes to mind at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Very well put my Friend http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and to the ones that dont care for Multi-Player, im not saying to change the game of the Single player but add Multi-Player options in the Next Game

wepeel
11-30-2007, 05:02 PM
I just look at Halo as a cautionary tale. For every game, the multiplayer part got bigger and bigger and the single player campaign got shorter and shorter, and saw very few changes.

BobDown
11-30-2007, 05:03 PM
How about this: relpace the flag in CTF with an assassination target, so then you can have some ppl on ur team defending ur own target, while the rest go out to assassinate the opposing team's target?

MammothWaffle
11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobDown:
How about this: relpace the flag in CTF with an assassination target, so then you can have some ppl on ur team defending ur own target, while the rest go out to assassinate the opposing team's target? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm that would be what my "siege" idea is... lol except 1 target rather than multiple