PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Global Event #6: Onslaught Is Now Live!

Ubi-Johan
05-21-2018, 09:29 AM
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/news/tomclancy-thedivision/game/ge_onslaught_is_live_323994.jpg

The newest Global Event - Onslaught - launches with new modifiers, vanity masks, and another chance at Classified gear-sets!

Start: May 21, 08:00 AM UTC
End: May 28, 08:00 AM UTC

The following modifiers are live during Onslaught:

Onslaught—Always active. Deal Burn, Bleed, and Gas effects to enemies in addition to normal damage. Reload to change the effect.
Savage Onslaught—Onslaught behavior, plus enemies are vulnerable to one effect type and resistant to others. Agents take increased damage from resistant enemies.
Brutal Onslaught—Savage Onslaught behavior, plus when two or more group members kill a vulnerable enemy within two seconds, each member can reload to gain a damage bonus for a single clip.

Agents now have an opportunity to earn the following Classified gear-sets:

Classified FireCrest
Classified LoneStar
Classified Predator's Mark
Classified Reclaimer

No Global Event would be complete without vanity items. The Ember, Smiler, and Oni facemasks make their way into The Division and can be earned by completing Onslaught-specific Commendations.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/news/tomclancy-thedivision/game/180516_global_event_onslaught_masks_1024x512_emea_ 20mb_hq_final_324479.gif

In addition, three new weapon skins will be rewarded based on player performance on the tiered-Global Event Leaderboards. We hope to see everyone in-game!

/The Division Dev Team

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/news/tomclancy-thedivision/game/tctd_global_event_6_onslaught_flashcard_960x540_32 4195.jpg

STYGIAN-6
05-21-2018, 05:43 PM
So no vanity apparel sets for leaderboards this GE either?

UbiAmper
05-21-2018, 10:36 PM
So no vanity apparel sets for leaderboards this GE either?

That is correct. Onslaught offers the masks through Commendations as well as weapon skins through leaderboard rewards.

RushLoongHammer
05-22-2018, 02:44 AM
The first mask I cant see a real life Division agent wearing; Doesn't look tactical but looks like a Samurai inspired mask?, no virus filters so doesn't look functional, looks like it's made of plastic.
The second mask I like the design/model but dislike the skin. I think it'd look kooler without the greenish colour tint.
The third mask is weird but ok. Reminds me of Wildlands crossed with Mortal Kombat :P

But the last 2 are duplicate masks with different skins.
I hope that in TD2 if we get masks, there aren't duplicate models with different skins.

FeedBack for general design of masks:
Make them look like they belong in the Tom Clancy's the Division's universe
Make them look kool and functional i.e. at least give them some identifiable filter or Lore tidbit if the filter in internal.
Don't make obviously ridiculous masks; Panda, Pig Head, Serial killer masks, ect

Suspect72
05-22-2018, 05:45 AM
The first mask I cant see a real life Division agent wearing; Doesn't look tactical but looks like a Samurai inspired mask?, no virus filters so doesn't look functional, looks like it's made of plastic.
The second mask I like the design/model but dislike the skin. I think it'd look kooler without the greenish colour tint.
The third mask is weird but ok. Reminds me of Wildlands crossed with Mortal Kombat :P

But the last 2 are duplicate masks with different skins.
I hope that in TD2 if we get masks, there aren't duplicate models with different skins.

FeedBack for general design of masks:
Make them look like they belong in the Tom Clancy's the Division's universe
Make them look kool and functional i.e. at least give them some identifiable filter or Lore tidbit if the filter in internal.
Don't make obviously ridiculous masks; Panda, Pig Head, Serial killer masks, ect

Some lore on the masks wouldn't be a bad idea, especially if they don't look like a respirator.

So far as the looks of the masks and how they fit into the Tom Clancy universe, I don't think they are that bad, nor are they out of place. Just look around at all of the graffiti, and the bad guys are rioters, escaped convicts and cult-like fanatics in a post-apocalyptic setting. I am a welder, and I have seen far more outrageous modifications and paint jobs on welding hoods, and we are not post-apocalyptic, at least not yet. Surrounded by gangs, ex-cons and cults...most assuredly.

The masks fit right in, in my opinion.

FEARxOFxGODx
05-24-2018, 10:21 AM
Some lore on the masks wouldn't be a bad idea, especially if they don't look like a respirator.

So far as the looks of the masks and how they fit into the Tom Clancy universe, I don't think they are that bad, nor are they out of place. Just look around at all of the graffiti, and the bad guys are rioters, escaped convicts and cult-like fanatics in a post-apocalyptic setting. I am a welder, and I have seen far more outrageous modifications and paint jobs on welding hoods, and we are not post-apocalyptic, at least not yet. Surrounded by gangs, ex-cons and cults...most assuredly.

The masks fit right in, in my opinion.

In todays drug enforcment, civil peace enforcment, spec ops, ect all around the world soliders often wear what are called balaclava to hide thier identities. These are essentially head covering masks leaving only enough open fabric for the eyes which can easily be covered with tactical glasses, visers, ect. Being a soldier myself, i imagine if that became my every day addition to my uniform, it would end up being personalized in some way so that my unit or squad could quickly identify my position in a firefight, and i them.

Plus people are gonna get bored man. What is there to do? Kill people or paint masks. Perhaps you would rather a few more shot at you rather then made masks 😁

BNDT-
05-30-2018, 02:17 AM
sup guys. since most of the rewards are reskins. id suggest make new apparel reskins... like an urban or post post apocalyptic vibe... like 5 outfits and market it... end game content is super dry after GE

Multicut
05-30-2018, 06:07 PM
Lots of users are reporting the game is crashing after 1.8.1! How could someone seize the game this way?