PDA

View Full Version : Slashing Rush is finally dead?

S0Mi_xD
05-21-2018, 05:06 AM
Didn't pay much attention to For Honor the last time, now I looked into patches I missed and saw Zone and Slashing Rush changes (hope was high for good changes).
Reading those...
Zone
Dmg reduced from 30 to 24
Thats fine - therefor every hit is now a heavy parry.
24 is still a number.

Slashing Rush
Reduced dmg to 24 (same as zone)
Ok - don't really see the reason behind it but fine.

Is now parriable - ok was a bug.

Reduced backwards movement - okey?

So the escape move was to safe?
It's an espace move - you charge it with a huge stamina cost.

No buff?
Didn't split up the stamina on the 3 attacks an make the second and/or third cancelable with a dodge?

Fine - no reason to use Slashing rush at all - only to look abit fancy....

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2018, 05:50 AM
It was possibly done to be in line with back dodges being standardised but I do agree for half stamina it deserves more than potential damage if it started as an escape move.

S0Mi_xD
05-21-2018, 01:06 PM
It was possibly done to be in line with back dodges being standardised but I do agree for half stamina it deserves more than potential damage if it started as an escape move.

This could be a reason, but another reason is (they stated it before) that their goal was to adapted Slashing rush to the zone attack.
Now they have the same potential dmg output, same stamina cost, same parry properties, only difference is the amount of hits and the direction it goes.
But Slashing Rush is not the zone attack - zone is offensive, slashing is defensive.
They took a big part of the defensive away, by nerfing the dmg (so it is worth the risk to go for a trade for any enemy) and the distance can be easy closed by any char, but the animation duration is still the same.
It's not like we are already limited by the huge stamina cost, now the dmg is so low, that everybody can just take those 8 dmg without thinking about it...
But yeah - that's one reason more to stay away from the game for me ^^