PDA

View Full Version : Adding new heroes, yet not adding new heroes: Suggestion- The New Weapons Project

Ianoneshot
05-21-2018, 03:08 AM
With this time of reworks instead of releases for new heroes. I have a suggestion to make.

This is a way to add a new moveset and weapons to the game, yet not add a new hero.

I suggest:
The New Weapons Project
https://i.imgur.com/Yi4bKvU.png
The New Weapons Project is what I think a good alternative to making new heroes. Along with this, this can cut the work needed to making a full on new hero. This can also fulfill the need of new heroes to the community. Along with this, it would be much more easier to make up new weapons into the game, along with their movesets.

The New Weapons Project is giving a new weapon to a pre-existing hero in the game. Allowing for new hero movesets and weapons, along with making the community more diverse.
With this, the workers and developers of this game can also have a bit more of a break. Only trying to make a new moveset and weapon appropriate for a hero. With this the community would most likely be more rejoiced than mad to the new addition of the already existing heroes.

Examples of new weapons:
Warden: Kite shield and Warhammer
Raider: Maul
Kensie: Samurai banner with spear on end

Pros to The New Weapons Project:
-This project cuts down work for the developers, effectively giving them breathing time in the game.

-With this new time, the developers can focus on a big addition to the game, along with the new weapons. Allowing more content to be produced.

-Entirely new armor going up to the current status of today's gear would not be a problem in The New Weapons Project.

-New emotes will just need to by slightly edited for each weapon of choice, allowing for an easier day's work for the developers as well.

-With this the developers no longer have to worry about making a totally unique hero.

-In the The New Weapons Project, the developers will have a better chance at making the community's suggested weapons (ex: Maul for Knights).

-The New Weapons Project can also easily allow less resources to be used. Unlike making a new hero.

-With the ease of work, the developers can also take more information and suggestions from its community.

Cons to The New Weapons Project:
-Some of the community will be mad at the idea of not entirely new heroes being added every season.

-The movesets have to work with the bone structure of the models (well, minor clipping isn't a bad issue, it happens all the time in this game).

-New executions will have to be made for each hero.

-Some really mad people from the community will most likely accuse Ubisoft of being lazy if they don't give enough reason for the project (so that means give them a clear explanation to avoid this con).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the entirety of The New Weapons Project. I really hope the Ubisoft Representatives and developers takes this into consideration. Because, this project could actually help the community, as well as help the developers in their work too. Me, and many others, will not take this as Ubisoft being lazy, but using a new idea in their game.
https://i.imgur.com/umyPCHH.png

SpaceJim12
05-21-2018, 10:03 AM
Hmmm, I think making new char 3D model in all this process are easiest thing. You suggest to made whole kit of mock-up animations, and than spend time to inplement it to existent 3D models, and btw game designers should developed this moveset kit, according to balance. So, literally you suggest to make 80% of new hero development process and avoid 20% of it (mybe less).

Illyrian_King
05-21-2018, 11:47 AM
Definitely yes!

Ubi-Jimothy
05-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Hey Ianoneshot,

First off; I love the thought that's gone into this concept! Totally cool stuff.

I'll forward it to the team, but one thing I'd like to mention is that the workload for this wouldn't be too much less than creating brand new characters. We want all of our characters to have a different playstyle and feel, and every move has to be motion captured and animated from the beginning. Adding in various movesets would require a lot of work, and would also mean some of our characters would move away from their intended image and role.

That being said, I'll still forward the idea!

Regards,

Jim.

Lord_Cherubi
05-21-2018, 12:08 PM
Interesting idea, i like it. However the one thing that conserns me is that how would they make the new weapons seem different and unique without breaking too much the characters style of play. For example, Raiders are known as these crazy barbarians who tend to come right at your face rather than carefully calculating his opponent. Axe and shield doesnt sound anything like that.

It would be great for the devs tho, all of us want this game to arise from the ashes and go big like Siege (well not all of us but you know what i mean lol)

Ianoneshot
05-22-2018, 09:33 PM
Hey Ianoneshot,

First off; I love the thought that's gone into this concept! Totally cool stuff.

I'll forward it to the team, but one thing I'd like to mention is that the workload for this wouldn't be too much less than creating brand new characters. We want all of our characters to have a different playstyle and feel, and every move has to be motion captured and animated from the beginning. Adding in various movesets would require a lot of work, and would also mean some of our characters would move away from their intended image and role.

That being said, I'll still forward the idea!

Regards,

Jim.

Alright.

I still hope they at least take consideration. A main thing that brought this idea up was the length of the roster. Eventually you can only add so much heroes to the roster. Along with that the space required for the game would also increase significantly if entirely new heroes are made.

About that hero deviating from their original role, I'm not saying The New Weapons Project would remove the previous weapons, but instead make new ones that you can switch around. So it's technically not getting rid of the original heroes role.