PDA

View Full Version : Tips on fighting Nobu as Warden

Lord_Cherubi
05-20-2018, 11:54 PM
First of all im only rep 3 as warden but im starting to feel pretty comfortable with him in duels, shoulder bashing the living crap out of every petty soul that ever said Warden is useless.

So there i was, full of confidence after a brawl win. About to face a Nobu and a pretty skilled one as well.

I'd like to say i put up a decent fight against her but if im being completely honest i barely tickled her a few times before i bled to death, crying a bit as i did.

She didnt give me any parries, basically all she did was she kept her distance by poking with side lights and kicking my face every once in a while.

Cant remember a time i've felt this lost in this game, usually i adapt to the situation and can sometimes turn the tables on my opponent but this time, no matter how hard i tried i simply couldnt get close enough to deal any serious damage but then again, i guess thats pretty much what she is about :P

RenegadeTX2000
05-21-2018, 12:31 AM
First of all im only rep 3 as warden but im starting to feel pretty comfortable with him in duels, shoulder bashing the living crap out of every petty soul that ever said Warden is useless.

So there i was, full of confidence after a brawl win. About to face a Nobu and a pretty skilled one as well.

I'd like to say i put up a decent fight against her but if im being completely honest i barely tickled her a few times before i bled to death, crying a bit as i did.

She didnt give me any parries, basically all she did was she kept her distance by poking with side lights and kicking my face every once in a while.

Cant remember a time i've felt this lost in this game, usually i adapt to the situation and can sometimes turn the tables on my opponent but this time, no matter how hard i tried i simply couldnt get close enough to deal any serious damage but then again, i guess thats pretty much what she is about :P

There's gaps you can create in Nobushi as a Warden. Any character for that matter.

Dodging is your prime key to opening a nobushi up.

If she's poking you with lights and you side step you actually have enough time to punish her with a shield bash before her kick or 2nd light punishes you...

Same for zone. You can shoulder bash if you dodge to the side...

Work on your dodges to deal with attacks you have a hard time blocking...

It's not Warden but this is a good example on how dodging can effectively beat Nobushi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ROdFJk4zfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KMTjmfBaE

more importantly though, in the nobushi vs Warden Match up specifically... It's a battle of patience. That hidden stance can really punish your shoulder bash hard.

Don't be afraid to open up with a full charge shoulder bash. Good Nobushis will go into hidden stance the moment you try and approach to beat out your shoulder bash/gb, but you can completely throw their timing off if you go forward and hold it completely.

Many mind games you can use. Match up used to be worse because if you parried her heavy all you got was a zone but now you get a double side light which is a godsend in the mu.

It's all about patience on behalf of warden though. Lots of feints.

RenegadeTX2000
05-21-2018, 12:40 AM
one more thing, the moment you have them whiffing attacks and you punish with shoulder bash, they will start whiffing and then quickly dodging.

The moment they start dodging after a whiff, completely charge your shoulder bash after dodging their attack to punish their dodge attempt after whiff

ArmoredChocobo
05-21-2018, 04:30 AM
That Nobu better not be feeding you parries because if she does thatís one dumb Nobu.

A raw Nobu heavy telegraphs itself years in advance. No sane one would do that.

Lord_Cherubi
05-21-2018, 07:58 AM
There's gaps you can create in Nobushi as a Warden. Any character for that matter.

Dodging is your prime key to opening a nobushi up.

If she's poking you with lights and you side step you actually have enough time to punish her with a shield bash before her kick or 2nd light punishes you...

Same for zone. You can shoulder bash if you dodge to the side...

Work on your dodges to deal with attacks you have a hard time blocking...

It's not Warden but this is a good example on how dodging can effectively beat Nobushi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ROdFJk4zfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KMTjmfBaE

more importantly though, in the nobushi vs Warden Match up specifically... It's a battle of patience. That hidden stance can really punish your shoulder bash hard.

Don't be afraid to open up with a full charge shoulder bash. Good Nobushis will go into hidden stance the moment you try and approach to beat out your shoulder bash/gb, but you can completely throw their timing off if you go forward and hold it completely.

Many mind games you can use. Match up used to be worse because if you parried her heavy all you got was a zone but now you get a double side light which is a godsend in the mu.

It's all about patience on behalf of warden though. Lots of feints.

Thanks for the reply!

Guess i'll have to work on my dodging then :P
Its funny cuz i used to main nobushi back when i started playing but switched to other characters at rep 2 because i didnt find that waiting and poking game as much fun as i thought it would be. It seems these high rep Nobus are everywhere these days!