PDA

View Full Version : Just got new Ornaments, Help?

Cadeau123
05-20-2018, 12:03 AM
just got new Ornaments for all my Heroes. 1 each. And i'm unsure where i got em from. I can name some of them right here : Three Warriors for LB, Tree Leaves for Nobushi, Twisted Serpents for Warlord and Hippogryph for Warden.
I searched up all the Ornaments for characters and found this https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/64a0hl/datamined_all_ornaments_elite_and_mythic_outfits/
You can see them there.
So i'm wondering why i got these. And if there is any other Ornaments i can get.

Cadeau123
05-20-2018, 12:04 AM
Sorry for the big Font

Vakris_One
05-20-2018, 12:14 AM
I got 1 new ornament for each of the 12 original characters. It looks like they are the exclusive ornaments made for the winners of the Season 1 faction war:

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/67lz94/all_exclusive_season_1_winner_ornaments/

My faction didn't win Season 1 so I was totally surprised to see these ornaments pop up in my inventory. I hope it's not considered a bug because some of these ornaments are very cool and it would be nice to keep them. You could say that their exclusivity period has run out and now everyone gets to have them :)

Cadeau123
05-20-2018, 12:19 AM
That would be awesome, Btw thanks alot for the help!

UbiJurassic
05-20-2018, 12:45 AM
It's not a bug! Players who won the Faction War during Season 1 received 3 ornaments for each faction, similar to how we currently do the ornaments for each Faction war winner now. The previous ornaments that were the rewards for Season 1 were in turn unlocked for all players. :)

AkenoKobayashi
05-20-2018, 01:45 AM
Participation medals for everyone. Might as well not even have a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place rewards and just give everyone the 1st place prizes. Faction War is cooked. No more sides. Everyone is part of the same Faction, just different colors and based in one of three areas. Here comes generations of Latin Vikings, Scandinavian Samurai, and Oriental Knights. Soon we'll see minions of all three sides fighting along side each other, against themselves.

Vakris_One
05-20-2018, 02:27 AM
It's not a bug! Players who won the Faction War during Season 1 received 3 ornaments for each faction, similar to how we currently do the ornaments for each Faction war winner now. The previous ornaments that were the rewards for Season 1 were in turn unlocked for all players. :)
Ohhhh, so that's what happened. I must've missed that part in the warriors den. Cool, thanks for unlocking those ones for all of us :)

Participation medals for everyone. Might as well not even have a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place rewards and just give everyone the 1st place prizes. Faction War is cooked. No more sides. Everyone is part of the same Faction, just different colors and based in one of three areas. Here comes generations of Latin Vikings, Scandinavian Samurai, and Oriental Knights. Soon we'll see minions of all three sides fighting along side each other, against themselves.
No need for the doom and gloom. They retrospectively added 3 new exclusive ornaments for the Season 1 winners and decided to unlock the 12 old ornaments for all of us. It's a win, win for everyone.

Hammelsneid
05-20-2018, 12:02 PM

Ok, now I need to think, what to say about this without getting a ton of hate.

Reflecting my personal opinion I complained the last few days about the removal of the 3 (2 for Aramusha and Shaman) unique tournament ornaments per hero. I was told alot about "the thrill of exclusivity", that's part of something, players have to accept and that it is ok, if such rewards aren't accessible for players anymore, who weren't able to play at this time to collect them and it felt like, I should stop "crying" about it and accept my fate.

As a season 1 Vinking and therefore winner of the (obviously) former "exclusive" ornaments, these ornaments were some kind of solace for me to deal with my personal pain not being able to obtain even one the 52 (!) unique, hero specific tournament ornaments anymore, which were replaced with a generig plaque in season 6 as well. Now everyone got the kind of "limited (time)" Season 1 ornaments just for free for doing nothing and I personally can't even get one of 52 unique ornaments by playing tournaments anymore? Did I mention, that I don't like double standards? And to put the crown onto all of this, the now inaccessible ornaments are still in the menu, locked forever to always remind me, that I will never ever get those..lol.

As much as I love For Honor, right now it seems the game tries everything to infuriate me to the max.

Devils-_-legacy
05-20-2018, 02:24 PM
I think it more to do with the fact no other fraction winner got individual ornaments for 12 heros other then season 1 so they gave vikings a new one and gave everyone the s1 old rewards as they were the best rewards to date for the fraction war compared to the other winners

Hammelsneid
05-20-2018, 04:30 PM
I think it more to do with the fact no other fraction winner got individual ornaments for 12 heros other then season 1 so they gave vikings a new one and gave everyone the s1 old rewards as they were the best rewards to date for the fraction war compared to the other winners

Thanks for your reply, Devils-_-legacy. So basically you're saying, that the devs turned the individual reward ornaments for a certain game mode into free goodies for all, after the reward for the following seasons of this game mode turned into the non-individual ornaments (because.. uhm.. they look cool and should be given to all players?).

Following that logic, the individual ornaments from past seasons of another game mode, of which reward ornaments were turned now into non-individual reward ornaments as well, should get also available for all players.. right? Would be just fair in the age of equality..

Luckily that's the exact same thing, what happened to the ranked mode right now and hey.. it would even be a better deal for all, because we're talking here about more than four times as much individual ornaments than it was back then in the S01 faction war.

Sorry, if I couldn't keep some sarcasm out of my statements before, nothing personal, but you get my point, I hope. There are no advantages for the already owners, if they remove those. There are just at best 52 very good reasons for the rest of all players to still play the tournament mode, if they stay ingame. And I want to make clear, that I don't demand anything, because nobody owes me something. I just want to earn these ornaments at my pace, not get them for free like it was the case with the faction war S1 ornaments. There are already enough time-based things ingame.

Am I really so totally wrong as a "collector type" player?

Vakris_One
05-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Thanks for your reply, Devils-_-legacy. So basically you're saying, that the devs turned the individual reward ornaments for a certain game mode into free goodies for all, after the reward for the following seasons of this game mode turned into the non-individual ornaments (because.. uhm.. they look cool and should be given to all players?).

Following that logic, the individual ornaments from past seasons of another game mode, of which reward ornaments were turned now into non-individual reward ornaments as well, should get also available for all players.. right? Would be just fair in the age of equality..

Luckily that's the exact same thing, what happened to the ranked mode right now and hey.. it would even be a better deal for all, because we're talking here about more than four times as much individual ornaments than it was back then in the S01 faction war.

Sorry, if I couldn't keep some sarcasm out of my statements before, nothing personal, but you get my point, I hope. There are no advantages for the already owners, if they remove those. There are just at best 52 very good reasons for the rest of all players to still play the tournament mode, if they stay ingame. And I want to make clear, that I don't demand anything, because nobody owes me something. I just want to earn these ornaments at my pace, not get them for free like it was the case with the faction war S1 ornaments. There are already enough time-based things ingame.

Am I really so totally wrong as a "collector type" player?
You're never wrong to express your opinion politely and without malice in my book.

Ornament logic-wise, they haven't said that the Season 3, 4 and 5 ranked reward ornaments will never again be returning. There is nothing stopping them from offering those ornaments again in future Seasons. You might see them again in Season 7 for example. As for the S1 faction winners ornaments, the faction winners got given brand new exclusive ornaments so they can still feel like they won something exclusive.

I personally don't regard getting the S1 faction war ornaments as a "free gift" because of how my faction, Samurai, got royally screwed for winning the Season 2 faction war. We got given the absolute finger compared to both the S1 winners and the S3, S4 and S5 winners all of whom got given more than 1 unique ornament. From my point of view as a Samurai faction player I see this as Ubi making amends for giving the S2 winners the cold shoulder.

Devils-_-legacy
05-20-2018, 07:19 PM
I don't take it personally lol the tournament rewards are different from fraction war(they tend to be better). I can see the frustration from that I personally think they should sell them after they can't be obtained for free I'm not a collector my self but to making them unobtainable after one season is a bit stupid imo And I'm on the same mind set as Vakris_One I felt a bit screwed over with our skull ornament from s2 compared to what Viking had so this feels more like good will.