PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a Spiritual Successor game of For Honor, however I need permission.

Ianoneshot
05-19-2018, 07:00 PM
I really want to make a fan-made full on For Honor game. However, I cannot start creation until Ubisoft gives me permission to do so (don't worry, I wont pull a Number 9).
It will also be titled
For Honor: Battlecry

Yet still I need Ubisoft permission to use their universe and art... and weapons.. and concept... and ideas....... So still very far away from actually getting all the permission I need.

So I will wait until that day comes.

https://i.imgur.com/WtRvkxh.jpg
(I will not copyright Ubi's artwork, or anything.)

AkenoKobayashi
05-20-2018, 01:55 AM
Good luck with that. When a company makes bank on a franchise, they tend to hold on tight with it.

Vakris_One
05-20-2018, 02:14 AM
That's a big ask but good luck. I'd suggest sending a formal proposal via email to Eric Pope as he would be best able to assist you with this enquiry.

Out of curiosity, how are you planning to make this game if you do get permission?

UbiJurassic
05-20-2018, 02:29 AM
I think the more accurate terminology for your vision might be a spin-off, as opposed to a spiritual successor. A spiritual successor would not share the name, the same world or the same elements of the original. A spin-off would, but would take place in a different setting that does not directly align with the original.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can support your vision as Ubisoft has a commitment to retaining full ownership of the game and all its assets.

OhHowSheGoingEh
05-20-2018, 07:29 AM
I really want to make a fan-made full on For Honor game. However, I cannot start creation until Ubisoft gives me permission to do so (don't worry, I wont pull a Number 9).
It will also be titled
For Honor: Battlecry

Yet still I need Ubisoft permission to use their universe and art... and weapons.. and concept... and ideas....... So still very far away from actually getting all the permission I need.

So I will wait until that day comes.

https://i.imgur.com/WtRvkxh.jpg
(I will not copyright Ubi's artwork, or anything.)

Just make your game, goobisoft cant stop you from making this style of game. But make it better then what goobisoft could ever hope to accomplish.

Ianoneshot
05-20-2018, 08:56 PM
I think the more accurate terminology for your vision might be a spin-off, as opposed to a spiritual successor. A spiritual successor would not share the name, the same world or the same elements of the original. A spin-off would, but would take place in a different setting that does not directly align with the original.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can support your vision as Ubisoft has a commitment to retaining full ownership of the game and all its assets.

Ok. Thanks for the feedback.

Titanodragon
05-20-2018, 09:15 PM
You just need a good launch and you should be good