PDA

View Full Version : Fast characters make the ****ty connections in this game SOOOO MUCH worse

KitingFatKidsEZ
05-19-2018, 12:31 PM
Like the thing is if you allow people to play with wifi, and you barely compensate for lag, and your main game mechanic is a precise on reaction button input.

**** is not going to work out.

I can play Orochis at 30 and below ms. And they still constantly skip animation frames. Like WUT? Isnt that supposed to be compensated by Lag compensation? Its really not. Like consistenly awful frame skipping,

Im really not sure if introducing more super short attacks is the way to go with this game. And its not because these are hard to deal with in theory, the game just doesnt support it as it is right now. And thats the most frustrating thing right , if u cant deal with something because the game is fundamentally breaking when fast gameplay is introduced.

Frostynuggman84
05-19-2018, 01:04 PM
You must be a fellow console player. I feel you bruh. I thought I was half way decent at this game until I get wrecked by rep 1 orochi button smashers with a ping of 120. Its kind of ridiculouse, I think it might be time to just let this game die. Everytime I get my hopes up they fundmentaly break the game in one way or another. Idk, my feelings are torn with ubi right now....

The_B0G_
05-19-2018, 01:16 PM
I have issues with the fast attacks as well, I've only recently come back to play again. Mostly because no other games are as fun as this one at the moment, even with its flaws.

What I've started doing is looking for another character that can make up for my crappy reflexes, for me it's the warlord at the moment, I use his full block when someone is being too spammy and a free hit after every time I block one, then start throwing out the odd light, head-butt + light.

It's still not easy, but I'm better equipped with a full block character than I was before without one. The Conq is even better for this, maybe try one of those characters out with full block. You'll be bad at first but I'm learning how to use him now and doing much better.

Frostynuggman84
05-19-2018, 01:19 PM
Yeah warlord and LB are prob the best bet at being viable against spam. (At least on co sole)

The_B0G_
05-19-2018, 01:30 PM
Yeah LB is definitely another good one. I just get bored with his lack of versatility personally. Block-shove + light, heavy cancel into GB is pretty much all you have, besides parry impales.

BananaBlighter
05-19-2018, 02:59 PM
Lol yeah I played a Warden who was consistently at 200+ ping who was just running around out of lock and spamming zones, top lights and his running attack (all which come from 3 different sides). I couldn't even counter any of his GBs.

He's not even that fast of a hero, so imagine this against the new Orochi.

Vakris_One
05-19-2018, 03:35 PM
And its not because these are hard to deal with in theory, the game just doesnt support it as it is right now.
You make a fair point here. Having faster types of attacks in a reaction based game isn't necessarilly a bad thing but your game should be able to support a stable and consistent basis for reacting to faster things. For Honor still does not have this stability sadly because it has no lag compensation worthy of the name.

Nowhere is this made more evident than when comparing the reaction timings and attack speeds in the bot training arena vs the reaction timings and attack speeds in the online PvP modes. It's like night and day. In the training arena you can eventually learn to consistently react to and even parry 400ms attacks like the PK's zone because the game is running at its intended gameplay thresholds. Then when you go into the online modes vs people with various pings attack speeds and reaction timings are all over the place.

Most attacks lose frames while playing in PvP and thus gain roughly 55-33ms. So that 400ms attack you've been training yourself on is now suddenly coming at you at around 350ms. Without lag compensation the difference in gameplay quality between the training mode and the online PvP modes is large enough to make your acquired experiences and muscle memory from the training arena almost close to useless against other random players.

TLDR: Ubi needs to seriously get going on having a fit for purpose lag compensation system in place as their number one priority for this game.

Erhanninja
05-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Its absolutely nightmare on the console. I cant fight afainst something if I dont have means to do so like you guys said. Constant light attack spams staggering cant even attack on revenge. This orochi rework completely broke the idea of mind games like feinting etc. Because us on console cant even block his light attacks so no orochi bothers to even feint. Storm rush everywhere. Probably safest move in the game. Well done to devs. Only time I can parry an orochi is when he does dodge attack. It takes 2-3 people to kill an orochi. If he gets revenge we are all dead. Ridicilious. They make a car so fast but no breaks.