PDA

View Full Version : AC crowd interactions

rz2190
08-29-2010, 06:10 AM
In the first Assassin's Creed, the crowd reaction to events was excellent. If you killed someone they all started screaming and running. In AC2 they just walked away. Also who here also thinks that the crowds of AC1 should be brought back because there were more civilians walking the streets in AC1. AC2 was like a ghost town compared to the first game.

rz2190
08-29-2010, 06:10 AM
In the first Assassin's Creed, the crowd reaction to events was excellent. If you killed someone they all started screaming and running. In AC2 they just walked away. Also who here also thinks that the crowds of AC1 should be brought back because there were more civilians walking the streets in AC1. AC2 was like a ghost town compared to the first game.

ChaosxNetwork
08-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Wow everything you just said there you took to the extreme! First they don't walk away in AC2 They stand while they whiteness the act then they run away (I forgot what they say but it becomes very repetitive!) Also ghost town, really? That is defiantly an extreme there were around an even ratio of space : people. As AC2 had much bigger environments.

rz2190
08-29-2010, 06:42 AM
i know it is a bit exaggerated but i just would like to see larger crowds in Brotherhood

beanodad
08-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Larger CROWS really? then It would be like the film 'the birds' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Nah but really I agree with you larger crowds would be a heck of a lot better, only problem is it would be far too easy to blend in

rz2190
08-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Great point I never thought of that, that is probably the reason why they made them smaller.

hewkii9
08-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Still, AC runs on an engine that can support like over 100 NPCs at a time, right? Why not take advantage of that? I'd love a scripted moment where Ezio enters a blend group, and the entire screen just turns black-and-white.

JonnyQuickShot
08-29-2010, 08:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hewkii9:
Still, AC runs on an engine that can support like over 100 NPCs at a time, right? Why not take advantage of that? I'd love a scripted moment where Ezio enters a blend group, and the entire screen just turns black-and-white. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WHY?
Anyway, have you ever counted the typical number of NPC's on your screen? No? Well, I have. I have found around 93 NPCs. And that was JUST THE CIVILIANS!!!!! Also, the crowd reactions are much better than in ACI. Have you ever looted a corpse ACI, and then someone makes the sign of the cross? No? I see....

SupremeCaptain
08-29-2010, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hewkii9:
Still, AC runs on an engine that can support like over 100 NPCs at a time, right? Why not take advantage of that? I'd love a scripted moment where Ezio enters a blend group, and the entire screen just turns black-and-white. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WHY?
Anyway, have you ever counted the typical number of NPC's on your screen? No? Well, I have. I have found around 93 NPCs. And that was JUST THE CIVILIANS!!!!! Also, the crowd reactions are much better than in ACI. Have you ever looted a corpse ACI, and then someone makes the sign of the cross? No? I see.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your post confuses me. We couldn't loot in AC1, just pick pocket.

I agree, the crowd was way better in AC1 than AC2, but AC2 had more NPC's on the screen.

LaCava1
08-29-2010, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
WHY?
Anyway, have you ever counted the typical number of NPC's on your screen? No? Well, I have. I have found around 93 NPCs. And that was JUST THE CIVILIANS!!!!! Also, the crowd reactions are much better than in ACI. Have you ever looted a corpse ACI, and then someone makes the sign of the cross? No? I see.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your post confuses me. We couldn't loot in AC1, just pick pocket.

I agree, the crowd was way better in AC1 than AC2, but AC2 had more NPC's on the screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He means that you couldn't loot a body, and someone makes the sign of the cross in AC 1, only in AC 2.