PDA

View Full Version : Orochi

BadBOO17
05-19-2018, 04:59 AM
Im very much so struggling to even block oro’s storm rush or whatever his dash attack is called. I really havent blocked one yet because i have been unable to react to it. It seems insanely fast. Since the rework went live all i see is teams of rochis and a lot of them are just only using the dash attack. Is there any give aways of what side it might come from or do i only have a 33% chance of guessing right? Or how fast is the attack? Not asking for a nerf just how to do with it.

HazelrahFirefly
05-19-2018, 05:38 AM
Dont chose and stick with your block early. The Orochi can change it as he runs. If you are going to block then wait until he is close and reveals the indicator.

Erhanninja
05-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Exact same problem on console with light attack spam. Cant block cant parry. I gave up on storm rush. If I play as Conq I just do full block stance other than that good luck.

BadBOO17
05-19-2018, 10:50 PM
From what ive seen on the forum so far the attack is a 600ms attack thats direction can be changed so it ends up being a 300ms attack when the indicators appears. Its like reacting to a warden zone almost except a warden zone is way easier to react to and only comes from one side while oros dash attack ends up being a possible 50/50 300ms attack. Seems kinda unfair if thats so. I dont think i can react to that unless i get just a lucky guess. Is it better to just dodge his storm rush?

RexXZ347
05-20-2018, 02:36 AM
So i'm not the only one. I thought i lose my touch in reactions. So it is 300ms. In console 400ms is hard to react. 300ms is the time the analog stick moves from one direction to other. So ubisoft is fixing for honor based on a computer persective not on console.

Vakris_One
05-20-2018, 03:20 AM
From what ive seen on the forum so far the attack is a 600ms attack thats direction can be changed so it ends up being a 300ms attack when the indicators appears. Its like reacting to a warden zone almost except a warden zone is way easier to react to and only comes from one side while oros dash attack ends up being a possible 50/50 300ms attack. Seems kinda unfair if thats so. I dont think i can react to that unless i get just a lucky guess. Is it better to just dodge his storm rush?
The whole attack itself is around 600ms but the indicator stays hidden from you for 300ms of that time. So essentially you only have 300ms to react to it.

His top heavy from storm rush has the un-dodgeable property so I wouldn't recommend dodging it as he can switch to the top strike to get you if you dodged before you saw the indicator pop up. However, you can always stuff his storm rush with a light attack that is up to 500ms or faster (some heroes with faster heavies like Cent can stuff him with a heavy as well). As soon as you see him start running towards you throw out a light or zone and you'll knock him out of storm rush entirely.

Be careful though because if he starts getting wise to this he can plan for it and feint his storm rush in order to parry you. If he is getting cute try to use a heavy to stuff him every now and then and be ready to feint out of it as soon as you see him feint out of his run.

BadBOO17
05-20-2018, 11:49 AM
Ah good to know. Thanks for the clarification and tips to deal with.