PDA

View Full Version : Orochi is balanced. Could use a few buffs maybe?

RenegadeTX2000
05-18-2018, 11:52 PM
I see people complaining about new Orochi but I like where he's at, he's not as spammy as people make him out to be, he has gaps and flaws you can use against him once you understand how his moveset truly works.

Riptide Strike is a light, his dodge attacks are lights, and his storm rush can easily be stopped.

You can hit Orochi out of storm rush before that move becomes active and hits you, that's if you don't want to play the defense game and go for parry or block.

No matter the distance on Storm Rush the timing stays exactly the same on punishing him for using that move.

He can cancel storm rush but its not as fast as it used to be so don't be afraid of being baited, it's easy to see him either following through with storm rush or cancelling storm rush. Once a certain frame is extended on him not being able to cancel his storm rush, it's very easy to intercept. You just have to see it for what it is. Go to training and test it yourself.

If he has Revenge though, that's on you. Lol

The only problem I have with him is what his kit is designed to do, bait you... Sometimes i'll get greedy and get slapped in my noggin for it by that riptide strike...

The buffs...

I wish riptide strike gave you an execution. but to each his own.

His Deflect unblockable heavy got nerfed. You can no longer light out of a whiffed recovery, kinda lame... Give that back

I feel that if you finish your chain of lights or heavies and when you cancel a dodge into his side dodge attack, riptide strike, or Storm Rush, give him a new move that would become unblockable.

And to continue with that new move.. It would only be accessible to getting your chain completely finished during any of the current combos he now has, so he can have an opener that's deserved which would be realistic because he has the mix ups now with his chains with lights and heavies.

C4Phaze
05-19-2018, 12:38 AM
No - After playing against orochi and with him (to test his attack speed). Its very apparent that he needs a nerf. In his current state his rework is a godsent to orochi mains. The problem is hes a counter-attacker assassin whose move-set is based on playing re-actively (side dodge attack, storm rush, deflect, that backstep slash). His attacks are way too fast and even stagger opponents. During my tests I've found that you can basically get 3-4 free hits because your attacks are too fast for your opponent to recover into a guard stance (don't think that's intentional). The added tacking to his attacks doesn't help his case as you can now kick people out of a dodge/roll.

Orochi mains now want people to learn to play against their character, but that is a silly suggestion considering that once you get caught in the attack chain it becomes a pure guessing game. As a hero is the complete opposite of his intended role as a Agile Counter attacker as new rework allows him to press his opponent to no end.

Arekonator
05-19-2018, 01:08 AM
I actually think Orochi is pretty tame, as far as new/reworked characters go.
There are few things that they might look at, namely if hitstagger guarantees followup attacks and whether its intended, and the indicators on storm rush are delayed maybe a bit too much in my opinion.
BUT: No hyperarmor, no softfeints, no unblockables. While his in-chain attacks are fast, due to animations they are much more readable and thus reactable than say PK attacks even thought they are nominaly same speed.
He is definitelly better than he was, especially against characters with reflex guard, but honestly still feels somehow lacking.

UbiInsulin
05-19-2018, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback all! Feel free to cross-post any Orochi-related thoughts over here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1881981-Season-6-Orochi-Feedback , as we'll be keeping close track of that thread in particular. :)

RenegadeTX2000
05-19-2018, 10:25 PM
No - After playing against orochi and with him (to test his attack speed). Its very apparent that he needs a nerf. In his current state his rework is a godsent to orochi mains. The problem is hes a counter-attacker assassin whose move-set is based on playing re-actively (side dodge attack, storm rush, deflect, that backstep slash). His attacks are way too fast and even stagger opponents. During my tests I've found that you can basically get 3-4 free hits because your attacks are too fast for your opponent to recover into a guard stance (don't think that's intentional). The added tacking to his attacks doesn't help his case as you can now kick people out of a dodge/roll.

Orochi mains now want people to learn to play against their character, but that is a silly suggestion considering that once you get caught in the attack chain it becomes a pure guessing game. As a hero is the complete opposite of his intended role as a Agile Counter attacker as new rework allows him to press his opponent to no end.

Yes-- I've already adapted to him. and I block everything he throws and parry. and I do it with slow highlander.

All Samurais struggle with the defense meta still. "block everything and win."

Aramusha, Orochi, Shinobi,

and the characters with unblockables such as shinobi, kensei, nobushi have average or below average unblockables at best and easy to react to.

Once you no longer have old man reactions these characters aren't threatening if you have good defense. this is me doing this on ps4. Give me PC and you won't touch me. I'll turtle harder then Spliced and you won't touch me lol.

Lawbringer as he stands now can beat those characters. All of the samurai in my opinion. If you are going up against a weeb... Just go Lawbringer and beat them out by "battle of attrition" strategy.

AkenoKobayashi
05-20-2018, 01:51 AM
The reworks are setting the new bar. Bring all of the other characters up to their level.

Playing_Mantis
05-21-2018, 10:47 AM
i hope that were not moving to the point where every character is too fast to react to. the game is for sure feeling more RNG. i do like the new orochi tho.

as far as the attacks going too fast id say the aramusha is worse so why does the orochi need slower when the aramushi does not? maybe they need to add 50ms to some attacks?

RenegadeTX2000
05-21-2018, 08:22 PM
honestly, the chip damage should matter more... Heavies should matter more. Throwing out heavies and having them blocked should be bad for the opponent blocking and reward for the player using that heavy.

Make it to where the heavy causes more chip damage and slows the characters blocking reaction down? to season 1 lawbringer if peopple remember how slow it was to block because of directin switching being so slow.

Heavies is the way to go. Universally buff heavies.

Lights can stay the same how they are. But heavies should be more rewarding. Realistically speaking, real sword battles didn't even last all that long in the first place, it was split decision making.

Just more universal changes. It's the way to go

Rikuto01.tv
05-22-2018, 04:10 AM

The only unreactable attack orochi has are his delayed side lights after a blocked top heavy.

Everything else is perfectly reactable, and if you can't react to it it means you are slow as a human being.

He is definitely more fun in dominion pubs as he can be used aggressively against people like you, but in tournament play he is not great.

RenegadeTX2000
05-22-2018, 04:26 AM
man... I just wan t heavies to be buffed universally. Change the way everyboody reacts when blocking them. plzz..

BUFF HEAVIES! DO IT! =-0

Charmzzz
05-22-2018, 08:31 AM
The reworks are setting the new bar. Bring all of the other characters up to their level.

Oh wait, then bring everyone down on PK level damage-wise, too? ;)