PDA

View Full Version : Season 6 bug/changes report.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Done this before figured I'd do it again. Note that I can't confirm if these are bugs or actual intended changes. But they should be noted and sent along to the devs.

First one that I assume the devs are already aware of is people's account history being erased. But i'm noting it here anyway for completion sake.

Orochi:

~new storm rush hold animation seems to only be on the orochi's right side. Where as pre patch you could hold it on the right or left. It's a cosmetic thing that doesn't have an impact on gameplay. But I thought i'd note it in case the devs didn't mean to remove it.

~Storm rush run time (so time before attack) is 600ms up from 400ms. I believe the intent of this change is to allow the person to change the direction in response to someone reacting early as you can change the direction during the run as well. and the added 200ms also lets you cancel into an attack easier as well because you get a bigger window to do so. However this does let people light you out of storm rush with 500ms lights or comboed fast lights. You MIGHT be able to dodge out into a deflect as a response to this. Haven't tried myself.

~You can't hold to stay in storm rush pose forever. Was a thing you could do pre patch.

~You can't swap targets when going into the storm rush pose. You have to wait to be in it for a brief period of time. Again something lost when he got his rework.

~Reports of mixed results when it comes to swapping targets during the run. Unsure what is supposed to be intended here. Some say you shouldn't be able to. FOLLOW UP. This might be due to a control scheme issue. supposedly if you use "hold to lock on" you can't switch targets during the run portion of storm rush.

~Attacks after storm rush can't be delayed. Pretty much any combo attacks in the game can be delayed to make them their proper speed (because buffer has issues that the devs are aware of) but that's not possible with the new storm rush. Making his pressure with storm rush against good players far less threatening.

~Riptide strike does not continue into a combo if you are in revenge and it's blocked or if the opponent is OOS and it's blocked. This kills orochi's pressure game and makes no sense when normal lights do not have this issue.

~ you can no longer chain an attack after a whiffed hurricane blast. Previously if you let a hurricane blast go and the opponent correctly dodged you could do an attack after it in attempts to stop the player from guard breaking you. Nobushi has this ability with her kick still. But now in season 6 this is no longer possible. Again not sure if this is intended or not.

~You can't delay storm rush's input anymore. Pre patch you could activate storm rush late into the back dodge. Now you have to do it immediately.

Peacekeeper:

~All of peace keepers soft feints are 400ms now. Dagger cancel used to be 100ms into the animation. now it's 400ms. This is fine. However shoving her soft feints into GB at 400ms is a big nerf to her. Because she can no longer GB people out of their start up frames on faster attacks like centurion's heavies. This needs to be reverted/fixed or her soft feint into GB is basically dead in terms of actual use.

~She can no longer dash out of her recovery after her throw. This really screws up her max punishes. Her damage was already taken down quite a bit. This is overkill.

These are the current bugs i'm aware of. If I hear about anymore i'll be sure to add them. On a personal note i'm pretty disappointed with learning these things. Rochi's rework was amazing on paper but his 2 newest tools for pressure have so many bugs tacked onto them that they can't be as effective as the devs were intending. And while I wasn't looking for a big buff or a rework on pk and wanted a nerf these 2 findings alone basically destroy what little she has left. All she is now is light, light, zone. As the dagger cancel while nice is not something you can rely on. The devs need to address these issues asap before the major public gets wind or season 6 is going to be dead in terms of hype for dedicated players.

NOTE: I have underlined stressed areas of importance. I know the mods have to summarize for the devs when giving feedback but I feel the mods need to stress the reasons these are noted as well is what is wrong so the devs realize just how bad this is and how soon this needs fixing.

EDIT #1 added a new change documented with Orochi.
EDIT #2 added additional information to target issues with storm rush.

Arekonator
05-18-2018, 06:20 PM
Orochi:

~new storm rush hold animation seems to only be on the orochi's right side. Where as pre patch you could hold it on the right or left. It's a cosmetic thing that doesn't have an impact on gameplay. But I thought i'd note it in case the devs didn't mean to remove it.
I believe this is intended, as all storm rush attacks got their own specific animation and he always flows into it from his right stance. I suppose thats so he only shows his attack direction at the last part of the attack.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 06:24 PM
I believe this is intended, as all storm rush attacks got their own specific animation and he always flows into it from his right stance. I suppose thats so he only shows his attack direction at the last part of the attack.

Potentially. Not really up in arms about it or demanding it to be brought back. Just thought it was odd that it was removed.

UbiInsulin
05-18-2018, 06:38 PM
Thanks for these questions! We'll make sure to send this thread to the team.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 06:39 PM
Thanks for these questions! We'll make sure to send this thread to the team.

I appreciate you guys <3

Vakris_One
05-19-2018, 12:50 AM
I have noticed one thing when training against the Orochi, when he uses storm rush there is no attack indicator until he is just about to hit you. It makes the attack feel like you only have 300ms to react to it, which is way too short a time span. Is this a bug?

I've resorted to always to smacking him out of storm rush with a light rather than risk having only a 300ms window to react to what he will do.

Knight_Raime
05-19-2018, 08:46 AM
I have noticed one thing when training against the Orochi, when he uses storm rush there is no attack indicator until he is just about to hit you. It makes the attack feel like you only have 300ms to react to it, which is way too short a time span. Is this a bug?

I've resorted to always to smacking him out of storm rush with a light rather than risk having only a 300ms window to react to what he will do.

This isn't a bug it's intended. Storm rush was adjusted quite a bit. it used to be a flexible tool input wise good at whiff punishing and getting good damage. Now it's an initiation tool that is specifically designed to be hard to react to. While responding with a light is an option I wouldn't rely upon it. Orochi can dash out of his storm rush to deflect it or hard feint into parry. This won't happen terribly often right now but rochi mains will pick this up. Just as really strong kensei players don't get stuffed with a light because they dodge forward into it getting a free GB.

Vakris_One
05-19-2018, 03:55 PM
This isn't a bug it's intended. Storm rush was adjusted quite a bit. it used to be a flexible tool input wise good at whiff punishing and getting good damage. Now it's an initiation tool that is specifically designed to be hard to react to. While responding with a light is an option I wouldn't rely upon it. Orochi can dash out of his storm rush to deflect it or hard feint into parry. This won't happen terribly often right now but rochi mains will pick this up. Just as really strong kensei players don't get stuffed with a light because they dodge forward into it getting a free GB.
Hmm, this technically makes storm rush have the fastest reaction speed requirement in the game due to hiding the attack indicator until it's only 300ms away from showing the attack direction. I don't know how wise this is to do without first giving us a proper and solid lag compensation system.

I can kind of see the logic of the devs thinking on hiding the indicator. They removed the guaranteed double top follow up, increased the Oro's running time and you can't delay the attack input for storm rush but 300ms is still a bit much in my opinion. I would have preferred they left in the guarranteed double top follow up and gave us 400ms to see the indicator.

Is there any way to catch an early hint of which side the storm rush attack will come from? Any tips out there for reading it without having to rely on waiting for that super fast indicator to flash by?

CooLlGhosT.UA
05-20-2018, 02:56 AM
~Riptide strike does not continue into a combo if you are in revenge and it's blocked or if the opponent is OOS and it's blocked. This kills orochi's pressure game and makes no sense when normal lights do not have this issue.

And Riptide strike does not continue a combo if it whiffed.