PDA

View Full Version : Writer's strike

DeAdLy2323
11-25-2007, 03:24 PM
i have been reading a lot about the writers strike on this forums recently and thought to look up all the shows affected (is that spelled right?)

i was going to copy and paste the list, but its way too big

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect_of_the_2007_Writers...strike_on_television (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect_of_the_2007_Writers_Guild_of_America_strike _on_television)

no more smallville supernatural or family guy!!!! or house or bones too!!!!!!

if you want to know why they are on strike...look down

Originally posted by Soldier_Omega:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
i did too much writing

why are they on strike...

who uses the word guild these days anyway

Just so everyone knows why virtually every writer for most major shows is striking is that the writers are not receiving their fair share of income from their shows. They are paid for writing the actual story for each episode (means they pretty much MAKE the show,but the company that produces it is free to produce DvDs, posters, games, sweepstakes, merchandise, etc without paying the writers a cent.

To change this, dozens of writers are refusing to work until they receive their fair share of money from a show they pretty much keep afloat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DeAdLy2323
11-25-2007, 03:24 PM
i have been reading a lot about the writers strike on this forums recently and thought to look up all the shows affected (is that spelled right?)

i was going to copy and paste the list, but its way too big

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect_of_the_2007_Writers...strike_on_television (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect_of_the_2007_Writers_Guild_of_America_strike _on_television)

no more smallville supernatural or family guy!!!! or house or bones too!!!!!!

if you want to know why they are on strike...look down
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soldier_Omega:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
i did too much writing

who uses the word guild these days anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just so everyone knows why virtually every writer for most major shows is striking is that the writers are not receiving their fair share of income from their shows. They are paid for writing the actual story for each episode (means they pretty much MAKE the show,but the company that produces it is free to produce DvDs, posters, games, sweepstakes, merchandise, etc without paying the writers a cent.

To change this, dozens of writers are refusing to work until they receive their fair share of money from a show they pretty much keep afloat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MiniAssasin
11-25-2007, 03:28 PM
say what now

DeAdLy2323
11-25-2007, 03:31 PM
click on the link genius

MiniAssasin
11-25-2007, 03:31 PM
i did too much writing

why are they on strike and why is americas entire writing system in one huge guild lol

who uses the word guild these days anyway

DeAdLy2323
11-25-2007, 03:41 PM
thats what they call themselves, i have no idea, but this is mainly for Americans (seeing as how i am one) and for people who watch those shows

MiniAssasin
11-25-2007, 03:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
thats what they call themselves, i have no idea, but this is mainly for Americans (seeing as how i am one) and for people who watch those shows </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

weird, i never get the point of strikes ya know exactly your py and working hours when ya start a job if you dont like it et a different job

dont disrupt peoples service because you have issues is what i say

NECESARY_EVIL
11-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I think its funny.

DeAdLy2323
11-25-2007, 04:00 PM
ya well 3 or 4 of my favorite shows arent on well, thankfully most of the season was written already but still, they will run out soon!!!

MiniAssasin
11-25-2007, 04:01 PM
they'l get over the strike when

a..there demands are met
2. if there demands arent met and they realise not writing = no money for them

either way your shows will be back

family guy ftw

DeAdLy2323
11-25-2007, 04:06 PM
ya, family guy woot

at least we will get 3 more episodes

Fox says they will complete the last three episodes written, voiced and animated without MacFarlane's final approval to air during the remainder of November, which he termed "a colossal d*** move" in an interview with Variety.[25]

and they call themselves guild because they are part of the writers union, so they belong in a group, and they want to seem fancy hence the name The Writers Guild of America....

T_Spoon_UK
11-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Pissed off about 24, Prison Break and Scrubs.

And im even more pissed that they left Prison Break at a huge cliffhanger.

DeAdLy2323
11-25-2007, 04:15 PM
really what happened, i dont follow prison break so dont worry about spoiling anything

and scrubs...seriously? that show was good at the start but is defiantily (how do you spell definatly) running out of scripts, the stories are so ..... thats all i have to say

T_Spoon_UK
11-25-2007, 04:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
really what happened, i dont follow prison break so dont worry about spoiling anything

and scrubs...seriously? that show was good at the start but is defiantily (how do you spell definatly) running out of scripts, the stories are so ..... thats all i have to say </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

* HUGE PRISON BREAK SPOILERS - DONT READ IF YOU HAVNT SEEN SERIES 3 EPISODE 8 *
-Cough-

Anyway..

Yeah, the guy Michael is trying to break out is actually not who he says he is, he is some company person...

So the company launch an assault to get him out.

Michael finds out, and when wesler ( company guy ) is trying to escape via Helicopter, Michael stops him.

The guards come in. are all pissed off, and they take Michael away.

Thats how it ended... they didnt say where he was being taken... its just that he is no longer in Sona now..

spazzoo1025
11-25-2007, 04:42 PM
aww **** Heroes: Origins got postponed, but as for my other shows, it's fine

btw, they're on strike because they want to be paid for any of the stuff sold that they wrote (i.e. they want a portion of the DVD/video profits on their shows)

Tela
11-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't actually watch T.V. much(rather be playing video games), but the rest of the house is complaining. Desperate Housewives...Grey's Anatomy...

spazzoo1025
11-25-2007, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
I don't actually watch T.V. much(rather be playing video games), but the rest of the house is complaining. Desperate Housewives...Grey's Anatomy... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if u dont watch Tv much, then how ocme ur name is the first name of a well-known bicurious TV star? ha haaa (Tela Tequila...lol)

Tela
11-25-2007, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
I don't actually watch T.V. much(rather be playing video games), but the rest of the house is complaining. Desperate Housewives...Grey's Anatomy... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if u dont watch Tv much, then how ocme ur name is the first name of a well-known bicurious TV star? ha haaa (Tela Tequila...lol) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?

IDK. My name's actually from a character from KOTOR.

spazzoo1025
11-25-2007, 04:54 PM
oh yahh i remember Tela...the squid-people always freaked me out a little

Tela
11-25-2007, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
oh yahh i remember Tela...the squid-people always freaked me out a little </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were creepy, but Manaan is my favorite planet.

DeAdLy2323
11-25-2007, 05:01 PM

btw, they're on strike because they want to be paid for any of the stuff sold that they wrote (i.e. they want a portion of the DVD/video profits on their shows) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>that seems fair though doesn't it? i mean, they did write it after all

spazzoo1025
11-25-2007, 05:07 PM

btw, they're on strike because they want to be paid for any of the stuff sold that they wrote (i.e. they want a portion of the DVD/video profits on their shows) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>that seems fair though doesn't it? i mean, they did write it after all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah it does seem fair, they did it so they should get part of it. just like with actors and directors

Tela
11-25-2007, 05:11 PM

btw, they're on strike because they want to be paid for any of the stuff sold that they wrote (i.e. they want a portion of the DVD/video profits on their shows) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>that seems fair though doesn't it? i mean, they did write it after all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah it does seem fair, they did it so they should get part of it. just like with actors and directors </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't they always get part of it?

spazzoo1025
11-25-2007, 05:40 PM
i guess not

Soldier_Omega
11-25-2007, 06:32 PM
i did too much writing

who uses the word guild these days anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To change this, dozens of writers are refusing to work until they receive their fair share of money from a show they pretty much keep afloat.

DeAdLy2323
11-25-2007, 10:06 PM
i read that on wikipedia when i was getting that link but you make more sense! im gonna quote it and edit it into my first post

Dunno
12-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow, and to think I thought the reason almost all writers were on strike was because unions were legal. Betrayed again.