PDA

View Full Version : Getting Event Items for Other Heros

KNKitsune
05-18-2018, 05:46 AM
Not the most newest of topics, but it honestly gets very annoying when you get an event pattern or effect, only to see that its for a hero that you don't even play.

When I farm as Nobushi, I want to get Nobushi stuff. Not Raider or Shugoki or Centurion.

ArchDukeInstinct
05-18-2018, 05:51 AM
It's annoying but that's how it's been for every event so far and I doubt they plan on changing it.

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-18-2018, 06:45 AM
All that new effects and outfits we get from drop will be available and after event or they will remove that?

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2018, 07:26 AM
Not the most newest of topics, but it honestly gets very annoying when you get an event pattern or effect, only to see that its for a hero that you don't even play.

When I farm as Nobushi, I want to get Nobushi stuff. Not Raider or Shugoki or Centurion.

The devs were asked about this after the last event. If I recall, they said that they had a choice between this way with event loot dropping more or less every battle or they could make it based on who you use but it would drop much slower otherwise you would be done quickly, the current method is what they favoured. Personally I would prefer that the chances of getting an item are the percentage of levels and reps you have in each character (not unlocked by rep level as Bio misinterpreted that suggestion when I asked on the Den).

All that new effects and outfits we get from drop will be available and after event or they will remove that?

All event items stop dropping after the event but will not be removed from your character. On my xbox account I have one character with ice weapons if I recall and a Warden decked out fully in Apollyon gear. My berserker also has the halloween limited howl at the moon emote.

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-18-2018, 07:54 AM
The devs were asked about this after the last event. If I recall, they said that they had a choice between thsi way with event loot dropping more or less every battle or they could make it based on who you use but it would drop much slower otherwise you would be done quickly, the current method is what they favoured. Personally I would prefer that the chances of getting an item are the percentage of levels and reps you have in each character (not unlocked by rep level as Bio misinterpreted that suggestion when I asked on the Den).

All event items stop dropping after the event but will not be removed from your character. On my xbox account I have one character with ice weapons if I recall and a Warden decked out fully in Apollyon gear. My berserker also has the halloween limited howl at the moon emote.

Thank you very much!

AkenoKobayashi
05-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Yeah. I play one of my Rep 10+ characters, but I get stuff for the characters I never play like Shaman or Highlander. The chances for item drops should be based on playtime with those characters and not completely random.

Dry.Fish
05-19-2018, 12:10 AM
The idle radiance effect is cool an all (Reminds me of Lothric Knights buffing thier weapon) but it's so high pitched it hurts my ears.

UbiInsulin
05-19-2018, 01:39 AM
We'll continue to let the team know that players would like Event rewards to reflect the hero they played with. We have passed this feedback on previously, as Candle indicated.

Arekonator
05-19-2018, 01:52 AM
I really like the new effect, but for dual wielding characters, especially those with full size weapon in their offhand (zerker, aramusha) can we please get the effects apply on secondary weapons as well?

Xeith98zz
05-19-2018, 03:57 AM
I agree, last thing I want to get is loot for a hero I wouldnt use in a million years. On a side note, for the new radiance effect, is it possible to get it for all four catagories (idle,execution,free roam,combat) for a specific hero? Or is it just limited to one catagory? Im sure thats a dumb question but im curious.

zcubed
05-19-2018, 09:21 AM
I like that I can use my main and get stuff for the characters that, while I do play as, I'm not as comfortable with. The weapon parts are the only things in which you need to play a specific character. I do think that the character I'm playing as should have a better rate for their items while playing as them though.

zcubed
05-19-2018, 09:28 AM
I agree, last thing I want to get is loot for a hero I wouldnt use in a million years. On a side note, for the new radiance effect, is it possible to get it for all four catagories (idle,execution,free roam,combat) for a specific hero? Or is it just limited to one catagory? Im sure thats a dumb question but im curious.

Two ways to get the effect for your character, first is looting. The effect will drop 3 times for a character, Idle, Execution and Emote (applies to both free and combat) Second is buying the bundle that will be available later on during the event.

Hammelsneid
05-19-2018, 01:06 PM
I really like the new effect, but for dual wielding characters, especially those with full size weapon in their offhand (zerker, aramusha) can we please get the effects apply on secondary weapons as well?

I really second that, it's something, that botheres me since ages. There are so many effects out there, which would look pretty decent, but the fact, that they look "lazy half-a**ed" on every dual wielding hero keeps me away from them them. Why just 50% of their weapons get some love?

Edit: But for the Radiant effect it's not THAT bothering, because its just a very misplaced dot of light in the middle of the weapon.. woul have made much more sense on the edge of the blade, for example. But e.g. the Hell Fire effect: only one weapon is glowing red and burning.. this is really not that pretty ^^

AkenoKobayashi
05-19-2018, 10:18 PM
I was considering changing the appearance of all my characters back to their original appearance when I got the double refined gear that actually has good stats...but I think Shugoki would look weird with shiny wooden weapons.