PDA

View Full Version : This Might No Longer be the Game for me

HazelrahFirefly
05-18-2018, 02:31 AM
I'm not making a big ol' complaint thread. I've done that in the past and I know it's a matter of skill and personal preference.

I'm not blaming the new Orochi, but with his addition the game now feels over the ledge of too spammy. It just doesn't even feel like I can play. I'm getting old, my eyes and reflexes arent great, and now half the roster attacks like Chun-Li's kick.

I'm not bowing out yet. My fetish for loot will keep me in for now and I'm hopeful that I can improve enough to feel like I'm playing. I dunno though, its been two seasons and I'm nowhere against the Aramusha, and now he has a cousin.

Tundra 793
05-18-2018, 02:34 AM
You're now feeling, what I started feeling like a Season and-a-half ago. I tried For Honor after the patch today... I do not possess the reflexes necessary to fight against these new and/or reworked heroes. And I can't afford enough cocaine to boost my reflexes.

It's just too much. Too fast. Too intense.

Vakris_One
05-18-2018, 02:44 AM
They George Lucased it further I see

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mY7S6AjLQ6A/mqdefault.jpg

Tundra 793
05-18-2018, 02:45 AM

Ironically, I love the prequels.

#ComeAtMeBro

Azrakel2
05-18-2018, 02:56 AM
I'm not making a big ol' complaint thread. I've done that in the past and I know it's a matter of skill and personal preference.

I'm not blaming the new Orochi, but with his addition the game now feels over the ledge of too spammy. It just doesn't even feel like I can play. I'm getting old, my eyes and reflexes arent great, and now half the roster attacks like Chun-Li's kick.

I'm not bowing out yet. My fetish for loot will keep me in for now and I'm hopeful that I can improve enough to feel like I'm playing. I dunno though, its been two seasons and I'm nowhere against the Aramusha, and now he has a cousin.

I can honestly Understand where your coming from bro. But in all honesty its not just the Orochi that was a problem. As tundra said above. And I will restate it in my own words. Your starting to feel what ive felt since launch. The game isn't just hero balancing that makes up the entirety of the game though. However I will agree hero balancing has been an issue since launch. And now they are starting to get it on the right track. There are other mechanics that need fixing as well however. Orochi was one nessisary fix however as he was the slowest and most sluggish in the game. Again it was nessisary he got a speed boost but evwen with todays update im still coming across players better then me and teaching me new skills.

Vakris_One
05-18-2018, 02:57 AM
Ironically, I love the prequels.

#ComeAtMeBro
There can be no coming at one's bro for I too don't mind the prequels. I like them just fine. The originals are better films of course but I also enjoy the prequels and I love how they added to and expanded the entire Star Wars universe. Some of the best EU books and games came about because of the prequel trilogy setting down the time period and lore.

The prequels are also way more original than Disney's Force Awakens and everything that had to follow that JJ Abrams copy/paste job. The Last Jedi finally gave us something original at least. But I digress, I like George Lucas and don't mean to cast shade on him when I use that phrase. I just like to use his phrase as a meme for things like this.

Tundra 793
05-18-2018, 03:04 AM
There can be no coming at one's bro for I too don't mind the prequels. I like them just fine. The originals are better films of course but I also enjoy the prequels and I love how they added to and expanded the entire Star Wars universe. Some of the best EU books and games came about because of the prequel trilogy setting down the time period and lore.

The prequels are also way more original than Disney's Force Awakens and everything that had to follow that JJ Abrams copy/paste job. The Last Jedi finally gave us something original at least.

But I digress, I like George Lucas and don't mean to cast shade on him when I use that phrase. I just like to use his phrase as a meme for things like this.

I always liked you Vakris.

Personally, my Star Wars rating is; 5, 3, 4, 1/6, 2, 7. And then 8 waaay way back down there. Just a long way down. I might actually, genuinely hate 8.
7 I can at least respect for what it is, and what it tried to do, but I can't forgive 8.
I hope Rian Johnson gets devoured by rabid porgs.

Aye, everyone loves a good GL joke every now and then. George's biggest flaws are just, he's at best a mediocre director, but a terrible dialogue writer. He's an unrivaled visionary, and his technical knowledge is damn near peerless. But his dialogue is as course as sand...

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 03:45 AM
I myself am struggling a little bit with rochi's new found speed with attacks in combo. But I did about a half hour or so's worth of training against him. So the new storm rush and riptide don't feel down right crazy. I really like how rochi has turned out though. Same with pk.

Vakris_One
05-18-2018, 03:50 AM
I always liked you Vakris.

Personally, my Star Wars rating is; 5, 3, 4, 1/6, 2, 7. And then 8 waaay way back down there. Just a long way down. I might actually, genuinely hate 8.
7 I can at least respect for what it is, and what it tried to do, but I can't forgive 8.
I hope Rian Johnson gets devoured by rabid porgs.

Aye, everyone loves a good GL joke every now and then. George's biggest flaws are just, he's at best a mediocre director, but a terrible dialogue writer. He's an unrivaled visionary, and his technical knowledge is damn near peerless. But his dialogue is as course as sand...
Ha, I dunno I think Rian Johnson took a brave risk which was in the spirit of Star Wars and I respect him more than J.J. who simply rehashed an abriged version of all the major plot points from the originals. Lucas has his faults as a writer/director but he really is unparalleled as a visionary and you gotta respect how he single handendly changed the face and future of cinema and digital technology as we know it today.

My Star Wars list goes somethig like this; 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 2, 8, 7.
I'm the reverse from you on 7 and 8. Despite its flaws I truly liked 8 for what it tried to do, which is to bring something new and unexpected to the table. It rang true to one of Lucas' philosophies, which is (paraphrasing) "never to copy but to rhyme instead."

7 for me was just too much lazy copying and not enough originality. They couldn't even give us a satisfying reunion of all our old favourite heroes together again before they have to make some room for the new kids. They also made their lives out to be nothing but misery, seperation and depression. And then they killed Han like a half baked attempt just to follow the formula of the old mentor dies. His wife forgets his death two seconds later and gives the Falcon away to some girl she just met 2 hours ago. Just felt like a real downer when the whole soul of a Star Wars movie should always be about hope. 7 felt more like Lord of the Rings than Star Wars in terms of tone and mood. 8 was the first of the new films that finally felt like a Star Wars movie again, to me at least.

Apologies for the thread jack! Star Wars is like my bat signal :)

Vakris_One
05-18-2018, 04:00 AM
I myself am struggling a little bit with rochi's new found speed with attacks in combo. But I did about a half hour or so's worth of training against him. So the new storm rush and riptide don't feel down right crazy. I really like how rochi has turned out though. Same with pk.
Haven't tried them yet but based on just looking at their reworks they both went from being counter attackers and into full on attackers/harassers. I'm not yet convinced that was entirely necessary, at least for Orochi. Surely the game should have some counter attackers left in it. Not everybody needs to be made into a super aggressive harasser and pressure artist.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 04:10 AM
Haven't tried them yet but based on just looking at their reworks they both went from being counter attackers and into full on attackers/harassers. I'm not yet convinced that was entirely necessary, at least for Orochi. Surely the game should have some counter attackers left in it. Not everybody needs to be made into a super aggressive harasser and pressure artist.

ehh. I would say pk is a harasser. Rochi not so much. I've managed to punish a handful of highly aggressive rochi's as pk. Can't speak on other heros yet. Storm rush is easily beaten by dodge attacks. (just don't rely on them because you can get baited) riptide dodges don't work against. So beyond parrying/deflecting that i'm still sussing out what works against it.

Vakris_One
05-18-2018, 04:23 AM
ehh. I would say pk is a harasser. Rochi not so much. I've managed to punish a handful of highly aggressive rochi's as pk. Can't speak on other heros yet. Storm rush is easily beaten by dodge attacks. (just don't rely on them because you can get baited) riptide dodges don't work against. So beyond parrying/deflecting that i'm still sussing out what works against it.
I thought the top heavy from storm rush was supposed to be un-dodgeable?

ChampionRuby50g
05-18-2018, 05:56 AM
Iím also sorry for thread jacking, but Star Wars is one of my favourite franchises. I recently finished the Clone wars series and I am so upset that Disney cancelled it and left so many amazing story lines open and missing the chance to really delve into Order 66. Just started up Rebels a few weeks ago.

Like Vakris, I truly enjoyed episode 8. Didnít Rian Johnson get handed 8 and take it in a different direction to what was planned by the director of number 7? Either way, I found the action entertaining, characters had agreeable motives and you could agree/disagree with them. In saying that, there are a few dissapointing parts of 8 that stick out such as character deaths and leaving story lines from 7 to just die, such as Reyís parents and Snoke. Maybe episode 9 will have more answers.

My list (donít judge): 3, 6, 5/2, 4, 7/8, Rouge one, 1

Even though 7/8 are low on this list, I still thoroughly enjoyed them. I can see why people hate them, but I think majority are too harsh.

Hazelrah, I recommend taking a break. It did wonders for me, and I enjoyed playing the game again after a month or so off. It is really refreshing and made a difference for me. Granted, I havenít played this new season so I may change my tone once I start playing when I get home, but I still reckon a break is what you need.

Howard_T_J
05-18-2018, 07:11 AM
So since they made the slowest assassin on par with the rest. This game is now too fast for you?

EvoX.
05-18-2018, 08:03 AM

Good on them, the sequel fights were utter garbage. I still remember laughing at how badly executed Obi-Wan's duel with Vader was, Christ that was horrendous.

HazelrahFirefly
05-18-2018, 10:07 AM
It also doesn't help that two of my favorite heroes are no longer enjoyable for me. I dont like the new PK or Orochi.

The Orochi especially just feels like a sloppy bowl of spaghetti splattering all over the place. I sincerely miss my calculated counter attacker.

Card1acArrest
05-18-2018, 10:16 AM
one detail... the riptide is so intuitive now (mouse, on pc); hit the dodge button + light attack.. really like it 😀

HazelrahFirefly
05-18-2018, 10:19 AM
one detail... the riptide is so intuitive now (mouse, on pc); hit the dodge button + light attack.. really like it 😀

I dont, at all. Hate the way it feels actually.

PDXGorechild
05-18-2018, 10:27 AM

It is, but if you commit to it against a Berserker and he spin chops and starts his dance it really ain't gonna be worth the trade.Same story against PK and Shaman I guess.

DrinkinMyStella
05-18-2018, 10:34 AM
there fact is they are catering for the pros, so unfortunately its one of those things you either train and get better or give up thats how they have made it. I agree somewhat that they had to increase the skill level with these new heroes, it was a bit too easy by the end of S1, S2 and S3. It sucks for new players but that it what the training arena is for and you never get better unless you put yourself in the deep end.

wolfman25br
05-18-2018, 02:37 PM
What I liked the most about orochi rework was that they did not add umbloqueables and hyper armor thingys.

His speed now matched the other killers (and aramusha). If the pace of the combat is correct for the game, well there is another discussion.

It seems like the better and more competitive the heroes get, the less interesting and fun the game gets as a whole.

As a orochi main, now is harvest time, but I understand the frustration and share it in part.

PDXGorechild
05-18-2018, 02:47 PM
umbloqueables

:confused:

psyminion
05-18-2018, 04:37 PM
when playing as my rep 50 main (Orochi) I used to feel like this
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2ffA8XAZ--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_north,h_358,q_80,w_636/1251768746449432721.gif

but now Orochi feels like this
https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqrbgbCpuc1qfesk2o1_500.gif

the soul of the samurai changed and I'm not sure I like it yet.

C4Phaze
05-18-2018, 05:16 PM
Its not the dulling of your reflexes. Its an issue with fast chains that can also be quickly fainted. Its purely a guessing game now. You may find that certain heros fast chains can actually stagger you where your character can't recover his guard by the time the next hit lands (black guard indicator) and even when you do get your guard up your just back at square one, which direction will it come from? Will it be fainted? non-assassin heroes have it the worst.

BTTrinity
05-18-2018, 05:38 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2ffA8XAZ--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_north,h_358,q_80,w_636/1251768746449432721.gif

LOL one of my favorite animes ever.

I like the way FH is going personally when it comes to the actual fights.... but other things about this game that I downright hate, like overpriced market, catering to casuals and 15 year old meme'lords, 4v4's being trash cuz feats, et cet.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 06:15 PM

It is. Most people so far choose the direction and let it fly. If they do and it comes from either side you can dodge and beat it. But if you dodge during their running animation they can just switch the attack to top and catch you. So dodging works on bad rochi's. not decent ones. To beat a decent one just 500ms light them out of the storm rush (providing they are close to you) this works because there is a mandatory run up speed of 600ms before the attack starts. old storm rush was 400ms run up before attack.

they of course can cancel during the run up and attempt to punish your light. But they'ed have to be a great player to recognize what you're about to do and respond in time.

Vakris_One
05-18-2018, 06:23 PM

Good analogy and one of the all time great animes. Orochi used to be about having patience and focus, striking only at the absolute perfect time like a coiled spring. Controlled aggression, a true to real life Samurai trait. Now he is just about blind aggression like a human machine gun with a bad case of tourettes syndrome.

They fundamentally changed his soul as a character and I'm not ever going to be pleased about that until they at least give him back his old Riptide into execute, either reworked and replacing his new riptide or left in exactly as it was right along side the new one.

Vakris_One
05-18-2018, 06:26 PM
It is. Most people so far choose the direction and let it fly. If they do and it comes from either side you can dodge and beat it. But if you dodge during their running animation they can just switch the attack to top and catch you. So dodging works on bad rochi's. not decent ones. To beat a decent one just 500ms light them out of the storm rush (providing they are close to you) this works because there is a mandatory run up speed of 600ms before the attack starts. old storm rush was 400ms run up before attack.

they of course can cancel during the run up and attempt to punish your light. But they'ed have to be a great player to recognize what you're about to do and respond in time.
Darn, so I can't even use the new Storm Rush to try and fill the gaping hole where Riptide into execute existed :(

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 06:32 PM
Darn, so I can't even use the new Storm Rush to try and fill the gaping hole where Riptide into execute existed :(

Depends on what hero you're fighting and how your opponent plays. If their a reflex guard hero you're probably fine. I'm not sure what skill level you play at but at my level people still don't even default to lighting shaman out of her pounce/wcr mix up when she's close. So unless you play against much higher skilled players than I I wouldn't really worry about being lighted out of it. Hell people don't even stuff kensei's top neutral heavy mix up with a light still and that's much easier to do compared to stuff storm rush or shamans mix up.

I'd say if someone is combo happy (spams moves a lot) don't try to whiff punish with SR. all other instances should be fine

Erhanninja
05-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Its really dissapointing progress of this game. We have very fast heroes after reworks etc and we have very slow heroes that have nothing. This game completely changed after reworks and parry changes. Im not saying its bad but needs consideration. Everywhere UB and charged attacks. Especially after orochi reworks no mind games nothing. I have never seen a single orochi feinting after reworks. Why feint? Feints are slow just light spam. Im sure its easier on PC but on console its a nightmare. If devs are saying this is the game and all heroes should be this level then they should have made the game like this from the start. Its bloody uphill battle against HL (does ridicilous damage now) Kensei or orochi.

HazelrahFirefly
05-18-2018, 07:41 PM
This thread turned out to have more complaints than I hoped. Sorry about that.

On the flip side the Carousel of Death is perhaps the best mode ever.

Now if they just make a version where its FFA and you have to be the last one alive by getting others to their longer timers, I would be ecstatic.

UbiInsulin
05-18-2018, 08:01 PM
This thread turned out to have more complaints than I hoped. Sorry about that.

On the flip side the Carousel of Death is perhaps the best mode ever.

Now if they just make a version where its FFA and you have to be the last one alive by getting others to their longer timers, I would be ecstatic.

Well, 1/3 of the thread has been about Star Wars so that off-set it somewhat. :)

We'll be keeping a close eye on how things continue to evolve as players get used to the recent changes. Glad you're enjoying Carousel of Death so much!

Jedioutcast88
05-18-2018, 10:55 PM
Well, 1/3 of the thread has been about Star Wars so that off-set it somewhat. :)

We'll be keeping a close eye on how things continue to evolve as players get used to the recent changes. Glad you're enjoying Carousel of Death so much!

To go along with the posts topic, the guy makes a good point. The problem I run into on a constant basis isnít that my reaction time is slow but that the input that is made just canít keep up with some of these ďfasterĒ characters. Any player on console can have a hell of a time dealing with these characters. On console there is A delay that yeah I might see the attack coming in but because everything with characters animation speeds being adjusted and tweaked at 60fps does not transition well to 30fps. Orochi is can now be added to the list of characters that if I go against them on console itís almost impossible to keep up with any of there light attacks and I have to play very offensive. This game with every other mechanic in the fighting system just doesnít allow you to be this offensive. Even if I try and defending It gets so bad that I feel like I get stuck in an input delay loop and nothing Iím pressing is syncing up to what is going on in the game and I end up dying.

I see a heavy, i hit the button to parry the heavy in the parry time window, I either just get hit or I start to see the animation for a heavy attack from my character and then get hit by there heavy. This even happens with bots too, itís not just with real people. Even if I took other players out of the equation and dual a bot I still will run into this problem. Playing on PC I donít run into this issue nearly as much as I would on console. This is really something that the developers need to look into and fix. The console version is getting to the point that itís unplayable. My reaction time but be on point but if my character canít move fast enough then whatís the point of even having fighting system where timing is pretty much everything?

HazelrahFirefly
05-19-2018, 12:21 AM
I'm REALLY sorry the thread is 1/3 star wars

Trek > Wars, just saying. Fite meh!

Off topic.... heh,
I started to enjoy the PK again this morning, so I'm holding out just a little more hope.

HazelrahFirefly
05-19-2018, 05:46 AM
Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhh.

I'm an idiot. I now love the new Orochi. I was playing him so aggressively because he reminds me of the aramusha. Got into a Duel with a HL who I aggressively torn down round 1. Then he knew my playstyle and destroyed me three rounds in a row.

He wanted a rematch and I had one game left for the Orochi order... and then it suddenly clicked in my head - counterattack. In the rematch I went on to win 3-0 and it wasn't even close. I'm not bragging, he probably isn't used to the Orochi yet, but man I fell in love with the snake assassin all over again.

Erhanninja
05-19-2018, 08:48 PM
Im quitting this game as well for my own sanity. My input doesnt register a lot of times on console. Since it became more light attack spam after orochi reworks. Game just became ganking festival no feint nothing. Assassins just rule this game. PK and orochis everywhere just light spamming. I shouldnt have to play a hero with hyper armor to stand a chance.

AkenoKobayashi
05-20-2018, 01:49 AM
I think the issue is that we're not used to being in the meat grinder when we turn our systems on, and after a while of getting cut up, we get back into the groove. Except that Aramusha. He's a ****.

Vakris_One
05-20-2018, 04:02 AM
Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhh.

I'm an idiot. I now love the new Orochi. I was playing him so aggressively because he reminds me of the aramusha. Got into a Duel with a HL who I aggressively torn down round 1. Then he knew my playstyle and destroyed me three rounds in a row.

He wanted a rematch and I had one game left for the Orochi order... and then it suddenly clicked in my head - counterattack. In the rematch I went on to win 3-0 and it wasn't even close. I'm not bragging, he probably isn't used to the Orochi yet, but man I fell in love with the snake assassin all over again.
This thread just got a Shyamalan sized:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/54557319/sudden-plot-twist.jpg

I think the issue is that we're not used to being in the meat grinder when we turn our systems on, and after a while of getting cut up, we get back into the groove. Except that Aramusha. He's a ****.
I'll not stand for any Musha bashing mister:

https://i.imgflip.com/2amoxq.jpg

The poor gimped bar stuard is barely hanging in the game as it is. Even Valkyrie sneaks a laugh at him.

Anomynion
05-20-2018, 04:10 PM
A few questions from a noob:

Right Stance is a 500ms attack (The indicator appears at 300ms).
Left Stance is a 600ms attack (The indicator appears at 400ms).
Top Stance is a 700ms attack that is Undodgeable (The indicator appears at 500ms).A lot of people are saying that Storm Rush is a 600ms attack with 300ms before the indicator is revealed, but the patch notes list different times for different directions, with a 200ms window to react to each. Is that not true?

Also, what do you guys think of hard feinting Storm Rush into a GB? It seems quite fluid and a decent mixup, but... idk :p

On another note, I feel like Orochi still can be a counter-attacker, but now has viable options for aggression. You can still bait people and Storm Rush/Riptide punish... right?

Knight_Raime
05-20-2018, 05:51 PM
A few questions from a noob:
A lot of people are saying that Storm Rush is a 600ms attack with 300ms before the indicator is revealed, but the patch notes list different times for different directions, with a 200ms window to react to each. Is that not true?

Also, what do you guys think of hard feinting Storm Rush into a GB? It seems quite fluid and a decent mixup, but... idk :p

On another note, I feel like Orochi still can be a counter-attacker, but now has viable options for aggression. You can still bait people and Storm Rush/Riptide punish... right?

Storm rush from the pose to the run time and when the running stops is 600ms. the other numbers are the speeds of the other attacks. right side storm rush as an example is 500ms. But they hid the first 200ms of the attack indicators. Meaning even though that right side is a 500ms attack indicator wise it only appears as a 300ms attack.
Left side is a 600ms attack that has 400ms of indicator time. and top stance is a 700ms attack with an indicator appearing for 500ms.

Hard feinting storm rush into a gb has a slight delay and this is only reliable on high ish recovery attacks. You won't be able to hard feint into GB to catch people in their vulnerability frames on attack start ups (or things like conq and warlord full block) because of the delay. However you can hard feint and attack immediately with no delay. this means rochi can deflect/parry your light if you try to light him out of his storm rush during his 600ms run up time.

Storm rush can still some what be used as a counter attack. But it's far more of an initiation tool now. This is seen with the flexibility of his hard feint, hiding the direction of the attack until it starts, direction of the attack can be changed during the run, even blocked it still lets him combo, and hidden indicators for the beginning of the attacks.

The rework gave him a more reliable counter attack tool (riptide) with combos that allow him to do poke damage even on strong defensive opponents due to having easy access to 400ms lights from any direction. and his ability to dash out of light and heavy finishers (while won't be a frequent thing) means you can't punish his finishers in traditional methods. Plus he's still got his strong deflect game.

As an example previously if you dodge attacked someone that was pretty much it. Now I can follow it up with a 400ms light into a heavy feint game, or just straight into a heavy feint game. OR I can back dodge in response to something you attempt and go for storm rush or riptide.

Rochi is still very much a counter character. Just with a better starting move and a bit more pressure.

Kelson27
05-21-2018, 09:24 AM
Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhh.

This is where Iím at too. I think heís in a pretty good place now, considering the cast. I find a lot of the complaints I hear about him Donít align with what Iím playing against online, some players just wonít let a riptide through, same with storm rush. A good turtle is still hard to crack.

I was in the aggressive game straight out the gates, which only went so far. But as a calculated counter attacker - who can now apply pressure instead a couple jabs if he gets through... I likely. Heís still there, heís just a bit of a demon now.

I definitely miss my execute from riptide though... and as I used to main raider I feel sorry for those guys. Roach is a handful. The whole game could do with a touch off the accelerator. Everything is getting very... fast.

Oh... and to completely contradict my last point... Coming up against a really good Orochi v orochi battle is insane, in a good way though.

Tyrjo
05-27-2018, 02:21 PM
It's been another week and it's been another week of Orochi light spam on console. I have to say, the devs really made some bad decisions with the new Orochi design. The game didn't need any more 400ms attacks. While the argument is that it's good for the "pro scene". The game doesn't generate its steel sales from those handful of players, the money comes from the larger player base.

They nerfed the PK and everyone was happy that that cancer was gone, only to create something far worse. :nonchalance:

BabaJaga.
05-27-2018, 11:00 PM
Thats not Ubisoft that Stefan Jewinski.

Tyrjo
05-28-2018, 07:44 AM
Fighting an Orochi now is about as enjoyable as being slapped to death by a ten year old.

Erhanninja
05-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Fighting an Orochi now is about as enjoyable as being slapped to death by a ten year old.

😂😂😂😂 made my day!