PDA

View Full Version : Message from the Ubi support staff

Captain_Summers
05-17-2018, 05:03 PM
Here is part of a message I just received. The basics is that they won't forward any bug reports to the dev team UNLESS they have video of the bugs.

They don't check here.

Anything we list here doesn't get back to the dev team.

Nor does it if we post it in the support channel of the Star Trek Bridge Crew forum - that's for peer support - not Ubi / Dev team support.

Every bug HAS to be videoed and sent to ubisoft support, BEFORE they will send it to the dev team to investigate.

No wonder we've been posting here for a year and NOTHING'S been done!!!

Snippet follows, highlights mine:

Greetings Captain_Summers, My name is Marco and I will be handling your case today. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing several issues with . I will do my best to assist you in this matter. I apologise for this process, but as previously mentioned, we will require the videos in order to report these issues. The only way we can fix the issues that are in the game is to report them so we can give them more visibility directly to the Dev team. I understand this might take some time to record and compile, but we will be here to forward these videos to the dev team so that they may investigate.

filmgeek47
05-17-2018, 06:11 PM
I guess that makes sense. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to capture vr video on my pc... I passed along the video clip showing the lack of numerical identifiers, in my support case, but we should probably start sending videos of all the other bugs...

ultimeh
05-17-2018, 06:46 PM
just capture via geforce experience, built-in game recording

Captain_Summers
05-17-2018, 07:16 PM
I know how to get them up to Youtube - doing it now. But not to Ubisoft Support.

Captain_Summers
05-17-2018, 07:17 PM
I guess that makes sense. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to capture vr video on my pc... I passed along the video clip showing the lack of numerical identifiers, in my support case, but we should probably start sending videos of all the other bugs...

I'm trying to get a crew of one or two people together and rattle through all the bugs on both ships and the lobby / loading screens within my 80 min PSVR limit.

Any takers?

xeynx01
05-17-2018, 07:22 PM
I can load it up...

Check that, it's almost done patching....

ultimeh
05-17-2018, 07:31 PM
I'm trying to get a crew of one or two people together and rattle through all the bugs on both ships and the lobby / loading screens within my 80 min PSVR limit.

Any takers?

sure

ultimeh
05-17-2018, 10:00 PM
meh, ill start the game in desktop mode and record the game play and send is to ubisoft, since we have to do ourselves the quality test job so they can save money to give us poor limited updates.

ultimeh
05-17-2018, 11:08 PM
i chatted with a ubisoft cuz, and got my video, hes gonna forward it to their team. i only did the targetting ( sames sames , with system intrusion and sound), ill cover the rest later

Captain_Summers
05-18-2018, 01:12 AM
Ok, here's the update.

My good friend and loyal crewmate Trouper52 and I have just put 6 hours in.

I've recorded 40 bugs with 3 desperately urgent feature requests.

15 individual bugs ALONE on the Enterprise.

8 on the Aegis

6 on Ready Room / Loading Screens / Cutscene transitions

and 11 that are common to both ships.

Some of these bugs we've had since day one. Some, Trouper52 and I only found tonight because we were testing EVERYTHING from every station.

Basically, we've done a full QA pass on the game.

There are a couple (4) that I couldn't get a video of, because they are random / intermittent, but I now have about 10 hours (from other nights too) of videos to try and edit (on the freakin' PS4 of all things) and cobble together to upload (with my text bug list) to YouTube so I can send those lazy people a complete set of bugs from 1.05, that should have been picked up by any halfway decent QA member.

WHO GETS PAID TO DO THIS.

Grrr...

Anyway, when it's uploaded to YouTube, I'll make a new forum post here.

xeynx01
05-18-2018, 04:57 PM
Is one of the bugs you've logged the generic labeling of things now, such as ships?

It's impossible to tell which ship is which in system intrusion. Obviously you can target a ship on the radar and know you're targeting, but without the numeric now there's no way to tell the difference between Warbirds =p.

It was quite interesting yesterday trying to disable weapons on the warbirds when there was 2 and I had no idea which I was disabling =p.

Damocles_8
05-18-2018, 06:29 PM
Captain_Summers and Trouper52, thank you very much for the time and effort you're putting in (and the hoops you're having to jump through) to report these bugs, I'm sure I speak for most when I say we appreciate it greatly. It really is too bad they let such a buggy "bug-fix"/update get out the door. Losing the number-designation when there's multiple ships is especially jaw-dropping.

Captain_Summers
05-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Is one of the bugs you've logged the generic labeling of things now, such as ships?.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1881111-Bugs-old-and-new-with-1-05?p=13490295&viewfull=1#post13490295

That was the bug list after 2 hrs.

after last nights QA pass, I’ve got 40.

Captain_Summers
05-19-2018, 12:15 AM
Update:

It's taken about 6 hours so far to get all the videos and screenshots off the PS4 onto my iMac - iMovie is still importing them at 00:12 Saturday morning. I'm going to bed. They'll finish importing overnight and then tomorrow I'm going to try and edit about 6-8 hours of stuff down to the 44 identified bugs, as per my previous post on the 1st page of this thread.

I'm thinking of including a 'wall of text' describing each bug and numbering them, and then when the video starts each bug will have a number so any email of the text descriptions of the bugs if it get separated from the video, the contents are still there..

I'm new to such a big editing / video task, so I may make it look awful, but the content - all 44 bugs from both ships, the lobby and 4 (I think) critical feature requests are in there. As I said, a couple of bugs are intermittent, and we couldn't capture them, but I have made a verbal mention of them in the video.

It's the best I can do.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I'll have the video made and uploaded.

Trouper52
05-19-2018, 02:04 AM
You are very welcome Damocles_8 and thank you for the appreciation.

Although we understand much effort goes into developing a game like Star Trek Bridge Crew, we have seen too many good players drop away due to a lack of response to concerns. Challenges that in some instances affect the basic rudiments of co-operative game play. Where, for example due to bugs and glitches, players are unable to maximise on marginal gains when mission success or failure hangs in the balance. Such as: engineering not hearing tactical’s system intrusion kick in; or, captain not having oversight of the power distribution when an AI is seated at engineering on the Enterprise; or, tactical commencing a scan on a hostile vessel after impulsing into a location, only for the target to be deselected by the game due to an astrogator/player station systems reset, causing a delay before system intrusion.

Such disregard for quality on update in gameplay continuity and consistency certainly do not bode well for consumer reassurance, confidence and/or loyalty to both game and company as brands. This will be equally disappointing to Ubisoft, who will be looking to provide exceptionaly high standards to maintain their reputation for; payers who are likely to measure up choice of game provider in terms of resource vs. value, (of which reliability, replayability and extendability are undoubtedly value measures, on listening to the voices of the target market populations on numerous gaming forums); and, when the company is looking to partner in future franchise and any other commercial activity.

It’s definitely a pleasure to support such an excellent concept and caring community who will benefit from our feedback and comments; many of whom, like Captain Summers, I hold much respect and am exceptionally proud to call great friends.

filmgeek47
05-19-2018, 06:22 AM
Thanks for all your efforts guys and gals. Fantastic work! I noticed Ubi just issued another post responding to questions about the dlc and the patch, so hopefully they’ll get cracking on these bugs once everything’s submitted.

Captain_Summers
05-19-2018, 08:26 PM
I've just done some more hours on the video: It's now 17 bugs on the Enterprise, 16 on the Aegis, and I think 11 on both ships, and 7 on the lobby / loading screens / transitions...

I have to take a break (chair isn't comfortable) and I'll get cracking again after dinner. Although I do need to re-record another one, so that's annoying... :(

Should have it uploaded tomorrow.

Captain_Summers
05-20-2018, 07:24 PM
Uploading to YouTube now.

There is a total of 63 bugs - and 4 critical feature requests.

The video is 1hr 15mins long and breaks down for bugs in each ship, both ships and the lobby / loading screens / cutscenes bugs.

After it's been validated by my usual crew, I'll post the link on here (new thread?) on the Reddit, on Twitter, on the Support case, and make the video on YouTube public.

It's taken me DAYS to do this... all nighters and I hope it helps and is appreciated. I know I get some flack by some on here, and ignored by other who can't read, but I am desperate to make the most of this game and do my part - more than most, and this was done out of love (and frustration - especially at Ubisoft Support).

Also, worth noting is that in two articles by the Dev team and the Support people they NEVER mention reading these forums or the support part of these forums. They ONLY reference to looking at Twitter and Reddit (of all places).

What is the official reddit page?

So posting are here is like peeing into wind. Pointless.

But after a year, I think we all knew that.

Captain_Summers
05-21-2018, 02:55 AM
Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzm5Ncvzy6w

24 views and virtually nobody bothered to upvote. So much for the appreciation of all the time and effort.

This community is great.

captainwallis
05-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Hello again CaptSummers

I apologize if I come off arrogant when I said about leaving discord etc. I absolutely hate confrontation and I apolgize If I went off on one in my previous comment about the new TNG content.

I've just popped onto Reddit and watched your video off all the bugs since the latest patch and I must congratulate you for being so god damn thorough. It's pretty shocking that what was once working fine has now been completely nerfed. Also, I was rather impressed that you know your way round that Constitution class ship pretty well. I still have to use the key mapping pop up to fly the ship.

I also didn't realize you were from the UK too. Again, sorry for shouting out about your disregards for the devs etc. After watching your video and seeing all the bugs you've cataloged, I take my hat off too you.

Good work.

Ash

filmgeek47
05-21-2018, 04:16 PM
Fantastic work summers. Already upvoted.

Pollicino.
05-22-2018, 01:42 PM
Thank you and your crewmates for your work. I hope Ubisoft takes notice. It's incredible that you have to go through such pains to try to help them do their job.

daxnova
05-22-2018, 04:19 PM
Captain Summers, Marky, Trouper and I had a great time taking the Enterprise D out for a spin in the new DLC in the early hours of this morning.

There were a few issues we spotted and I've raised a Ubisoft support ticket (#06335613) for issues I managed to record with the Transporter (unable to select second target in the Borg Resistance mission - intermittent) and Modulation (not recognising shields are up, and some other weird stuff) features.

Here are the links to videos for anyone who is interested. Video description includes the relevant timestamps and more info:

Transporter Bug: https://youtu.be/nTcAohYMxRY

Modulation: https://youtu.be/NndoYkdBWHs