PDA

View Full Version : For Honor communication - a serious issue

Hammelsneid
05-17-2018, 12:01 PM
So, here I go again..

I just was up to check, when the update of today's season start will bring the servers down, when they will be up again etc., etc.

1. Looked ingame if theres any mentioning spread all over that huge advertising space in the main menu -> nothing
2. Checked the launcher and theis huge space of possible locations for important news -> nothing
3. Checked the official site of For Honor with even more space for such things -> nothing
4. Tired to find For Honor at Twitter via google, found it, clicked on it and there we are, there was someting about an upcoming downtime today -> click
5. Redirected to Reddit with the exact timetable for todays maintenance -> easy to get the info, isn't it?

(Tought about facebook, too, but I let it go.)

I may be oldschool, maybe just because I'm not a teen or even a twen anymore, but this is a bit too much point and click adventure for me to just get some valuable easy peasy to post info, which deserves to be ingame, on the official website as well as in the official launcher. Next step could be to announce events only via third party platforms, then nobody, who's just a bit like me, will catch the news.

Is it really that hard to do it the "normal", old-school way without being "in" and doing it the "social media hype is everywhere"-way? Do you really believe, that there is no player out there, who does not check Faceredditwitter first and then the official sources and has no intention to change that just because of one game? Do you lack personal for this kind of mini-job-effort?

I mentioned it here and there already, but right now it just bugged the me like never before. If any official reads this, please just let me know, that you see the problem I and many other players have and just tell me, that you will forward it to the team (even if that won't have any impact. But at least it calms me down a bit ^^)

Thanks for reading,
cheers,
Hammelsneid

HazelrahFirefly
05-17-2018, 12:13 PM
Reddit is popular and so it's the unofficial home of FH. It's a true shame.

SpaceJim12
05-17-2018, 12:19 PM
I believe I saw this information in support section. Right on top of the browser window.

Hammelsneid
05-17-2018, 12:51 PM
I believe I saw this information in support section. Right on top of the browser window.

Oh, I forgot to check the forum before the social media.. I do that normally, too. Wait, you were talking about the forum, weren't you?

SpaceJim12
05-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Oh, I forgot to check the forum before the social media.. I do that normally, too. Wait, you were talking about the forum, weren't you?

No, official website page, where you can send support request.
http://prntscr.com/jj1uoi

News and Announcements have thread, btw.

CandleInTheDark
05-17-2018, 03:25 PM
Could do with being in game perhaps but I always make a habit of looking at the number of threads on the announcements board before clicking on general, two or three days ago it was 227, currently it is 229 (on PC anyhow, 256 unless you have desktop view up to edit a post without deleting it on mobile for some reason) so I knew to go look there,

UbiJurassic
05-17-2018, 09:04 PM
So, here I go again..

I just was up to check, when the update of today's season start will bring the servers down, when they will be up again etc., etc.

1. Looked ingame if theres any mentioning spread all over that huge advertising space in the main menu -> nothing
2. Checked the launcher and theis huge space of possible locations for important news -> nothing
3. Checked the official site of For Honor with even more space for such things -> nothing
4. Tired to find For Honor at Twitter via google, found it, clicked on it and there we are, there was someting about an upcoming downtime today -> click
5. Redirected to Reddit with the exact timetable for todays maintenance -> easy to get the info, isn't it?

(Tought about facebook, too, but I let it go.)

I may be oldschool, maybe just because I'm not a teen or even a twen anymore, but this is a bit too much point and click adventure for me to just get some valuable easy peasy to post info, which deserves to be ingame, on the official website as well as in the official launcher. Next step could be to announce events only via third party platforms, then nobody, who's just a bit like me, will catch the news.

Is it really that hard to do it the "normal", old-school way without being "in" and doing it the "social media hype is everywhere"-way? Do you really believe, that there is no player out there, who does not check Faceredditwitter first and then the official sources and has no intention to change that just because of one game? Do you lack personal for this kind of mini-job-effort?

I mentioned it here and there already, but right now it just bugged the me like never before. If any official reads this, please just let me know, that you see the problem I and many other players have and just tell me, that you will forward it to the team (even if that won't have any impact. But at least it calms me down a bit ^^)

Thanks for reading,
cheers,
Hammelsneid

The maintenance details are posted in the Offical News and Announcements subforum (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1881570-Maintenance-Alert-Title-Update-1-23-May-17-2018). As the team member who wrote and posted the maintenance info, I can assure you that the details were posted yesterday at the same time as they went live on Reddit.

Hammelsneid
05-20-2018, 11:32 AM
The maintenance details are posted in the Offical News and Announcements subforum (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1881570-Maintenance-Alert-Title-Update-1-23-May-17-2018). As the team member who wrote and posted the maintenance info, I can assure you that the details were posted yesterday at the same time as they went live on Reddit.

Thanks for your reply, UbiJurassic. As I said I forgot to check the forums at this moment, which I normally would have. But even then: Don't you agree with me (and many other players, I communicated with about this topic) that especially For Honor lacks:

(1.) One (2.) official (3.) the most easy way accessable spot (like the launcher or ingame), where (4.) all official announcements, contents of the week, updates, events, open letters, future plans/roadmaps, and so on are posted? I would even be very fine with a collection of links, as long as every published piece of info would be centralized in one spot.

Sorry, if I'm asking for stuff, some ppl don't have problems with, but I wouldn't do so, if I didn't know, that I'm not alone with my opinion. I just like to have an eye on everything about things I love, and it feels like, I can't do that, when it comes to For Honor.

Best regards,
Hammelsneid