PDA

View Full Version : Valk Rework? What should change? She is pretty good as I see it. I'm curious.

GeneraISoIo
05-16-2018, 04:32 PM
Hey all, I see a lot of people want a rework for the Valk, but they never have any suggestions, just that she needs a rework. If I have missed a post with suggestions, feel free to send it my way. However, I feel like she has been one of the best heroes since launch. She has a deflect (like a lot of assassins), and a superior block attack (same as the Highlanders), trip (which I think is unique to her), shield bash and heavy feint into shield bash (like the Conq), along will a bunch of combos that play into one another for continuous combos. I think she has some some of the most tools to use against enemies and has ever since launch. Other than maybe changing her damage output, I really don't see how they can improve her without making her OP. I am more than happy to explain how combos flow into one another if people have not discovered this about her yet, and any other things people may be curious about on how to use her to her full potential. I would like to hear what people think she needs to be improved, even though I think she is pretty well off, other than maybe adjusting damage output. I am all for her getting a Buff, I just hope they don't take away any of what I stated above. Thanks, Valk is my main, and I love her. :)

Specialkha
05-16-2018, 05:55 PM
Sorry to break it up to you, bro but Valk is the worst hero currently with Aramusha. She has probably the worst win rate in 1v1, because she has to land attacks to do stuff and everything she does can be reacted to.

Xinlyfenne
05-16-2018, 06:23 PM
She needs more damage on her heavies and initial light, her zone needs to be upgraded, her heavy after sweep needs to be safer, and her tackles should be faster.

Kryltic
05-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Her damage output is too low and her attacks are too slow when trying to combo. Those are her biggest flaws and what ultimately stop her being anything but low tier.

She has to tools to be good but not the stats to back them up.

GeneraISoIo
05-16-2018, 08:06 PM
Sorry to break it up to you, bro but Valk is the worst hero currently with Aramusha. She has probably the worst win rate in 1v1, because she has to land attacks to do stuff and everything she does can be reacted to.

Sorry to break it to you bro.... Seems like I hit a sore spot for ya. lol Just curious why everyone thinks Valk needs a rework. I don't play 1v1 so I don't have an issue there. Just curious and thought it might spark a thoughtful and constructive conversation.

Siegfried-Z
05-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Hi Again man,

So first, use the searching options there and as well in "suggestions and feedbacks" and u gonna find many things about Valk with real ideas and not only complaining.

There is even one i did a month ago :

"Hi there,

I am not here to complain but to make a construtive post
I am a rep 9 Valk. It is a Fantastic Hero, she looks damn good, her moveset is so original and interesting.. BUT, i don't play her anymore :/

Really i love her as much as my Kensei (Main), but she is so much under the average heros efficiency right now... It feels like she is forgotten by Ubi
The parry changes are amazing but it makes her even weaker (bye bye max punish).

What it would be changed in my opinion :
-Her broken recovery time .. OMG don't miss a sweep or you're a dead man.. maybe only a guaranteed light for the opponent if you missed it ?
-The guaranteed GB for opponent if your Dash is blocked .. this is so crazy ! I've heard it is fixed now but i didn't try, have to !
-Her poooor dammages ... Please two lights and one heavy make the same dammages than one heavy of some Heros..
-A light/Heavy combo would be amazing !! Now you have to score two lights to do something interesting and that's so annoying.
-Improve what she can do after a charged back shield bash ! You get only the top light dash guaranteed on that... really ?

-AND ! One usefull way to open ! More than feinting a heavy for shield bash... On this last point, i believe a usefull zone as one like the Aramusha one would be very interesting (first hit fast but weak and a second unblocable and feintable).

I believe it is now the hero which is the most in need of a rework, more than Orochi for example (you've got the stats you know it )

Hope it's gonna help and gonna be heard.. please Ubi make the expression "feelsvalkman" disappear "

So now she can't be guard broken anymore on blocked dash attack okay.

But all the others points are still on the table .. i would even add she should get something guaranted after her basic stand up shield bash, a light would be nice as Jarl, Conq, Warden etc

So yes she has a lot of good things !
-fix guard but with the agility of assassins and deflect
-nice combos
-good range

But Dmg are too low, recovery time is crazy, too punishable (2 lights before many "real" mix ups), useless zone, unsafe heavy on the down guy if u can't keep going..

Dry.Fish
05-16-2018, 08:42 PM
Slow heavy
GB stumble
Predictable second light
Sweep recovery
Can't counter GB from missed shield bash
Low damage output
Can be punished with a GB after a sweep into heavy
Meh zone

Specialkha
05-17-2018, 02:58 PM
Sorry to break it to you bro.... Seems like I hit a sore spot for ya. lol Just curious why everyone thinks Valk needs a rework. I don't play 1v1 so I don't have an issue there. Just curious and thought it might spark a thoughtful and constructive conversation.

Nah it is just you look like stupid because you think Valk is a great hero will it be 1v1 or dominion. She sucks in all game mode, sorry for your illusions :)

EvoX.
05-17-2018, 03:07 PM
She's not a good hero, but she's better than I originally thought. Definitely needs a rework, she's just not the worst hero in the game. That would probably be Shugoki, especially since current Orochi is going away.

KotoKuraken
05-17-2018, 03:25 PM
Valk has only 12 damage on her first light. While she has 18 on her second, the second light is usually blocked or even parried, even on console.
She does have a heavy cancel into bash, but it doesn't guarantee anything, so it's just a safeguard to not get her super slow 25 heavy parried. It can combo into a leg sweep, but pretty much anyone half familiar with her moveset can easily sidestep this and punish her severely due to her horrible recovery time.
She does possess a deflect, but it has a very small window. Decent damage of 20 in bleed, but it's incredibly risky to attempt for such a small window.

Her safest thing is to go into her fullblock, which can either push through with absolute full guard or be cancelled into a dash attack, but she has no guard while moving into it. They may change up this stance to require more stamina since they can virtually camp there all day, but the bash itself mostly just interrupts someone who is still attacking after she charges it up completely. However, the only thing she guarantees even when hitting the enemy with a full charge is a dash top light for 17 damage, while characters like Highlander or Shinobi guarantee 40 and 30 damage respectively for quick, uncharged bashes. Even Warden in comparison has a better bash, confirming 24 damage in light attacks on an uncharged bash and 40 on a charged bash.

tl;dr Everything Valk does, everyone else does significantly better, faster, stronger

DrinkinMehStella
05-17-2018, 04:02 PM
at first I though this was a troll so I never replied back. Valks only viable way of being played, is if the opponent is not very competent, her lights are ok and can catch you off guard sometimes but it does nothing more than chip away a little health, her dodge attacks when blocked get guaranteed GB, her dmg output is horrific, one bar for health should mean one heavy should kill except with valk it doesn't you need a heavy and light. Her SB is prectiable and easily dodged, her sweep is now easily dodged, her recovery time is bad, doesn't really have any OOS punish, Zone is the worst straight from release. the only thing she can do is either chip away with lights and hope they get through, or go into full block for a knockdown. Her mostly deadly attack should be the shoulder pin except its not, the bleed effect takes so long to drain and its hard to pull off and its a high risk low reward. (rep 9 valk)

Vakris_One
05-17-2018, 04:25 PM
As some others have already mentioned her kit is solid yes, but her stats are very poor and need to be buffed. In my opinion:
- Her damage numbers are way too low. They need to be brought up to somewhere around Nobushi's level.
- She's too slow. Her comboed heavies need to be made faster by at least 100ms. Her trip attack could be made more versatile by giving her the ability to delay it or feint out of it so that it is more dangerous at higher level play.

- Optional: Her zone is useless for anything other than minion clearing, which could be fine depending on what primary buffs she gets. Perhaps make the first part of the zone 500ms even though to be honest I do not want any more heroes with super fast zones, we have too many of them as it is.

I don't think she needs a rework as her kit is a pretty solid one but she does need her damage and speed numbers buffed in order to become competitive. Kit-wise she is in a much better state than Aramusha and Shugoki for example who both need full on reworks to actually have them be a part of this game as apposed to half baked concept characters.

Tyrjo
05-17-2018, 04:38 PM
I think a lot would change for Valkyrie if she had a light-heavy-light chain. That would mean that the second attack in her chain wouldn't be as predictable as it is now.

She has pretty good mix ups as it is right now and a really good Valkyrie player can be a ****ing pain.

Knight_Raime
05-17-2018, 05:19 PM
Not really a valk expert but she needs:

~the removal of stumble on a whiffed GB
~She needs to be less punishable across the board so shorter recovery.
~She needs another combo or another way to access sweep.
~some of her attacks need to be faster. her zone for sure.
~damage bump up.

Helnekromancer
05-17-2018, 08:43 PM
Not really a valk expert but she needs:

~the removal of stumble on a whiffed GB
~She needs to be less punishable across the board so shorter recovery.
~She needs another combo or another way to access sweep.
~some of her attacks need to be faster. her zone for sure.
~damage bump up.

Pretty much this, She has all the tools to be effective, but her moves are too slow and too weak and get's punished for punishing people.

Siegfried-Z
05-18-2018, 09:13 AM
Thx all.

Can't believe this is a Valk Main which make this original post ... Joke