PDA

View Full Version : " match making " idea.

Mini1900
05-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Hi,
since it happens many times, i have some idea how we could have some better "matchmaking"

There r 2 factors which i had in head as i was thinking about this.
First which rep i have .
Second which rep my hero has.

For the first part , it would be good if i have someone in my own overall rep , so it should be like i have opponent in my same skill level .
For second part , it would be good if i have someone in my hero,s rep. so it should be like if i ,m shinobi rep 1 , my opponent should be rep 0-2

If i ,m low rep with my hero and have to play with same skill players with high rep heroes, it always feel like i get down a lot faster .

and for new players a high skilled player with low rep hero is much better than a high skilled player with high rep hero.

And if i mix these 2 up. i would say we need to first SELECT OUR HERO and then the matchmaker should start to seach for opponent.
I mean first for sure in my own overall rep , then all reps etc.

And i just want to say , i cannt wait these 2 damn days for orochi rework, ******* time MOVE ur Asss :P

KitingFatKidsEZ
05-16-2018, 05:45 PM
NO

played time does not correlate with player skill past a certain point.

Considering reputation for matchmaking makes absolutely no sense.

While making matchmaking bound to playercharacter makes sense, the issue is that decent players would have so many opportunities to beat up lowies that it would ruin the game for a lot of people. (Since the game has quite a few heroes and if you are really good at the base mechanics of the game it really doesnt matter who you play).

Mini1900
05-16-2018, 06:05 PM
NO

played time does not correlate with player skill past a certain point.

Considering reputation for matchmaking makes absolutely no sense.

While making matchmaking bound to playercharacter makes sense, the issue is that decent players would have so many opportunities to beat up lowies that it would ruin the game for a lot of people. (Since the game has quite a few heroes and if you are really good at the base mechanics of the game it really doesnt matter who you play).

I think that u missed the point bro,
for Now its the skill level and rep level , and the region . And what i mean is : hero rep level then skill level then rep level and the region !

KitingFatKidsEZ
05-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Hi,
since it happens many times, i have some idea how we could have some better "matchmaking"

There r 2 factors which i had in head as i was thinking about this.
First which rep i have .
Second which rep my hero has.

For the first part , it would be good if i have someone in my own overall rep , so it should be like i have opponent in my same skill level .
For second part , it would be good if i have someone in my hero,s rep. so it should be like if i ,m shinobi rep 1 , my opponent should be rep 0-2
And if i mix these 2 up. i would say we need to first SELECT OUR HERO and then the matchmaker should start to seach for opponent.
I mean first for sure in my own overall rep , then all reps etc.

1 character