PDA

View Full Version : How long does this last?

Kylethetrue
05-16-2018, 12:48 PM
So I bought the Gold deluxe edition during the sale and new heroes cost 500 steel.

I convinced my friend to buy it also but he bought the beginners edition. Heroes cost I think....5000 for him? Something like that.

I didn't even realize I was getting a discount so now I am wondering how long that lasts? When I got the edition I did not know exactly what the stuff I was getting meant.

So what's giving me the discount? Will it run out?

Alustar.
05-16-2018, 01:10 PM
To my knowledge you aren't getting a discount, the vanilla roster of heroes at launch were always 500 steel per hero, while the dlc heroes are 15000ish? Where as the beginners pack(and don't quote me on this) skill heroes are 5000? I'm not sure, but imo you are losing out getting the beginners pack unless you really don't know if you are going to like it.

Kylethetrue
05-16-2018, 01:25 PM
Yeah, it is a huge difference. Glad I didn't get the beginners pack.

Alustar.
05-16-2018, 01:39 PM
Yeah I was very upset to see this when it came out, especially knowing how much flak they got about micro transactions. I've always tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, even played devil's advocate. After seeing this I couldn't for the love of me support that.

Vakris_One
05-16-2018, 02:29 PM
Yep, it's because your friend got the starter edition where the vanilla heroes cost 8,000 steel each to customise and unlock.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/news/forhonor/fh-game/starter-edition_320485.jpg

They did the same "starter edition" for R6 Siege as well. In For Honor the starter edition essentially means your game is made more grindier by a factor of 1600% ...(holy chet indeed)... in return for it being half the price of the standard edition. Unless you are only interested in playing the Vanguard heroes and maybe two other vanilla ones it is a monumentally bad deal in my opinion as you will either end up buying steel with money (in which case that half price discount is rendered pointless) or you will burn out from the painfully increased grind.

It's obvious they did it in order to push new players into microtransaction purchases of steel thereby getting the full price of the standard edition and then some out of the ones who don't just burn out and leave. To anyone considering getting For Honor it is a much better deal to either wait for a Steam sale or use 100 of your Uplay points to get a 20% discount off of the standard edition. You will be much happier without the frankly insane levels of grind in the beginner edition.

Kylethetrue
05-16-2018, 10:06 PM
Oh man, I wish I knew to warn him about that when he bought it. And now the sale is over. That sucks!

UbiJurassic
05-16-2018, 10:51 PM
To my knowledge you aren't getting a discount, the vanilla roster of heroes at launch were always 500 steel per hero, while the dlc heroes are 15000ish? Where as the beginners pack(and don't quote me on this) skill heroes are 5000? I'm not sure, but imo you are losing out getting the beginners pack unless you really don't know if you are going to like it.

As alustar24 touched on, standard, deluxe, and gold editions of the game have full access to Kensei, Raider and Warden, while the other 9 heroes are available for recruitment for 500 Steel each. This means that you can play each of them, but you can not customize them until they are recruited.

If you buy the Starter Edition of the game, you'll have Kensei, Raider and Warden fully unlocked and the other three heroes of your chosen faction avaialble to play, but unavailable for customization until they are recruited. In the Starter Edition, launch heroes cost 8,000 Steel each, with a All Hero bundle avaialble for 50,000 Steel. That bundle does not include post-launch heroes.