PDA

View Full Version : Make Stealth Assassinations Reward Worthy

jmewhyte
08-11-2010, 08:53 AM
i love assassin's creed 1 and 2, but really wanted to be forced to stealth kill.

there is no penalty for wading in, killing, and running off.

in games like metal gear, arouse attention and you'll be dead in moments.

I think the game is fantastic, but I'd love if each highly prized target would give a trophy / achievement / in game reward for you figuring out the best way to kill them without being noticed.

jmewhyte
08-11-2010, 08:53 AM
i love assassin's creed 1 and 2, but really wanted to be forced to stealth kill.

there is no penalty for wading in, killing, and running off.

in games like metal gear, arouse attention and you'll be dead in moments.

I think the game is fantastic, but I'd love if each highly prized target would give a trophy / achievement / in game reward for you figuring out the best way to kill them without being noticed.

MrCazzah
08-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I'd like there to be more of a reward kind of thing for stealth aswell, but there's nothing to stop you doing sly assassinations at the moment
AC1 might be a bit harder than 2, but it can still be done, using throwing knives ect
AC2 makes it easy. You can shoot one guard down, and hide, then pick the others off with knives, or walk up, poision one guard, so he strts hitting the others, and pick them off while they're distracted

primerib69
08-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the forums!

You get a trophy for every chapter you complete, and that also ties in with the assassination. So if you think about it, you are getting 2 trophies in 1! Obviously, this isn't the same with achievements.

But that would be nice to get a silver for each assassination. Good idea. bro!

hewkii9
08-11-2010, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by primerib69:
Welcome to the forums!

You get a trophy for every chapter you complete, and that also ties in with the assassination. So if you think about it, you are getting 2 trophies in 1! Obviously, this isn't the same with achievements.

But that would be nice to get a silver for each assassination. Good idea. bro! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bro, how do you manage to miss the point so completely? The TC was discussing the idea of being rewarded for killing stealthily, rather than busting in and stabbing everything. Every single member of this forum knows you get a trophy for completing memory blocks.

And it's not really like getting 2 trophies in 1. Shouldn't I get 6 trophies in one for Jacopo's memory block? Or 1 in 1 for the first memory block?

KCizzll
08-11-2010, 04:04 PM
It wouldn't have to be anything major, but I really like the idea of a reward for a stealthy assassination.

Achievements, items, money, a line in a cut-scene, anything! Just have the game NOTICE that we went to the effort and it would be appreciated.

EzioAssassin51
08-12-2010, 12:42 AM
There are already a couple of assassinations where you lose if you're seen, we should just have more of them!

ninjasownu
08-12-2010, 01:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
There are already a couple of assassinations where you lose if you're seen, we should just have more of them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Such as the one on the ship in Bonfire of the vanities I think.

EzioAssassin51
08-12-2010, 01:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninjasownu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
There are already a couple of assassinations where you lose if you're seen, we should just have more of them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Such as the one on the ship in Bonfire of the vanities I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah! That was probably the hardest assassination for me! Took me a whule on my first go. And like the Doge's Palace Infiltration, where you had to get in undetected. Maybe have that, but then have to kill the guy yourself without being detected!

Rumble_Strike
08-12-2010, 06:47 AM
I have been really struggling with that Port Authority mission!

I have to admit I don't like the "insta-fail" stealth missions, especially the Doge's palace which had guards on the roof that could desynchronise you by turning around even as you were behind them assassinating them.

KCizzll
08-13-2010, 12:11 AM
I prefer stealth possible missions but not forced. Also the ability to reload from your last checkpoint so if you want to do it pure stealth you can 'reset' and take another shot.