PDA

View Full Version : Any way to increase ground object 'draw distance'? Fed up with 'pop-up!'

Mysticpuma2003
07-24-2007, 10:52 AM
At the moment, Forest=2, Water=4, landscape/objects/clouds all max detail along with Perfect setting.

What is bugging me though is the draw distance of objects that keep popping up all over the place, along with parts of bridges and other stuff, before the rest is drawn in.

Now, since IL2 was made PC's have increased in power, so I wondered if it was at all possible to increase the draw distance to stop the irritating 'pop-up' effect i.e., Bridges, buildings, hangars, trees etc,etc all 'telporting' into the landscape. It's a real immersion killer, when I have the power to take the distance at-least 3-4x the distance.

Is it possible, or at least fixable?

Currently I have the screen at 1920x1200 with 8xAF and 8xAA. No stutters, just pop-up. Bloody annoying.

Any suggestions appreciated, cheers, MP.

Mysticpuma2003
07-24-2007, 10:52 AM
At the moment, Forest=2, Water=4, landscape/objects/clouds all max detail along with Perfect setting.

What is bugging me though is the draw distance of objects that keep popping up all over the place, along with parts of bridges and other stuff, before the rest is drawn in.

Now, since IL2 was made PC's have increased in power, so I wondered if it was at all possible to increase the draw distance to stop the irritating 'pop-up' effect i.e., Bridges, buildings, hangars, trees etc,etc all 'telporting' into the landscape. It's a real immersion killer, when I have the power to take the distance at-least 3-4x the distance.

Is it possible, or at least fixable?

Currently I have the screen at 1920x1200 with 8xAF and 8xAA. No stutters, just pop-up. Bloody annoying.

Any suggestions appreciated, cheers, MP.

carguy_
07-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Aren`t you being a little agrressive?This game`s core code is like 8years old you know.

Deadmeat313
07-25-2007, 04:41 AM
I think it's a perfectly good question. Just one I don't have an answer to. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'd love to be able to increase the draw distance of smoke effects at the very least. Sadly, I suspect that if it could be done it'd have been done by now.

T.

Klemm.co
07-25-2007, 04:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carguy_:
Aren`t you being a little agrressive?This game`s core code is like 8years old you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
More like ten years. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Hawgdog
07-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Maybe someone will post a texture tweak or something. I've got a decent rig and get the same effect.

Mysticpuma2003
07-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Not really aggressive, just a switch added that could have Draw Distance Low ( same as it is now), Medium (Twice as-far) and High (Four-times-further).

Just a nice final patch offering if possible.

Thoughts?