PDA

View Full Version : Vikings and Samurai improved feats

LedgeAllegiance
05-16-2018, 04:56 AM
Just wanting to start a discussion on the quality of viking and samurai feats compared to the Knights multiple bombs. In my opinion I feel that Vikings and Samurai are lacking with the feats they have like traps, flask, and arrow storm being less effective and easy to dodge and heal out of than the Knights feat. Just my opinion but I feel like the feats should be reworked to be on par with each other, each in there own unique ways. Open for suggestions and ideas. What does everyone else think?

BTTrinity
05-16-2018, 05:06 AM
99% of the forums agree feats arent in a good place right now, with Knights being the offenders with Bombs, Cata, and Vikings with Fire Flask.... Id much rather see feats tuned down to Samurai's level of damage and timings, rather then see everything get buffed up to be as good as knights.

Tyrjo
05-16-2018, 06:56 AM
99% of the forums agree feats arent in a good place right now, with Knights being the offenders with Bombs, Cata, and Vikings with Fire Flask.... Id much rather see feats tuned down to Samurai's level of damage and timings, rather then see everything get buffed up to be as good as knights.

I agree. Feats do to much damage and makes real fighting void at the end of the game. Don't you just hate when you just are breaking and all of a sudden 4 catapults come raining down in succession to end the game...?

Kryltic
05-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Personally, rather than seeing all the Knight feats getting massively nerfed, I would rather they get toned down a little and the weaker feats brought up in power level.

That said its the bombs that need to be looked at the most as I would say these cause the most issues and can be dealt with in a number of ways (damage reduction, AoE reduction etc).

Ultimately I would rather see weak and useless feats rebalanced or redone first, so to have a bit more variety when choosing, alongside rebalancing any bombs that the Knights have.

This would (if it were up to me) all go alongside an increase in friendly fire damage + penalty so people have to think a little more about using AoE feats.

E1seNw0Lf
05-16-2018, 10:47 AM
I'd like to see an overhaul for the feat system, for more flexibility - something like this:

It is not only about balancing feats.
I think the whole system has to be reworked - it feels too static; not many options to change/adjust it to your personal prefered play style .
(same for gear stats; I feel gear stats and feats have to be reviewed at the same time; both should be connected - see example (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1875139-Can-Samurai-get-a-T4-feat-that-s-actually-usable?p=13467646&viewfull=1#post13467646))

Just as an example:
1. Put all feats into one pool
1.1 ... probably seperated by faction and character class type (heavy, assassin, ...)
1.2 ... probably be organized in categories / feat types (like defensive, offensive, passiv, ...)
2. Let the player choose 4 feats from that pool and let him assign them (freely) to a tier level
2.1 regarding the tier level, the player put the feat in, it modifies one or more of its values
2.2 for balance issues: specific feats can be locked for certain tiers and/or characters, feat X could exclude feat Y, or max. 1 offensive feat allowed, and/or no duplicates by feat type allowed (means, all 4 must have a different feat type), etc.

some feats for showcase:
* feat "Rock Steady": cooldown time reduce with higher tier
(T1: 3s; T2: 2.5s; T3: 2.0s; T4: 1.5s)
* feat "Bounty Hunter": health and stamina on kill
(T1: 10 heath, 25% stam; T2: 25 heath, 50% stam; T3: 30 heath, 75% stam; T4: 35 heath, 100% stam)
* feat "Fast Recovery": Stamina regenerates faster with higher tier
(T1: +1.2/s; T2: +1.8/s; T3: +2.5/s; T4: +3.0/s)
* feat "Nail Bomb": damage increase, radius decrease with higher tier
(T1: 20+2t5 dmg, 8m; T2: 25+3t5 dmg, 5m; T3: 30+4t5 dmg, 3m; T4: 35+5t5 dmg, 2m)
* feat "Catapult": like "Nail Bomb" (damage increase, radius decrease with higher tier)
* feat "Unblockable": attacks are unblockable, lasts longer (on locked-on target) with higher tier
(T1: 5 hits; T2: 10 hits; T3: 15 hits; T4: 20 hits)

Pls leave a thumbs up if you like it - thx. :D

PS: Feat values can be fine tuned by time (also keep 2.2 in mind).
PS: This allows to add new feats any time later too. ;)

Kryltic
05-16-2018, 11:48 AM
Rather than doing all that, as I said, simply rebalancing feats that they have already would go a long way to making feats more interesting. Your idea could be easierto abuse if a lot of thought isn't put into who can select each combo of feats.

Another thing would be to address the older and newer feats that do the same thing like the bow and flaming version. Javelin and Neptune's Wrath (although I believe that is getting sorted tomorrow). Throwing Axe, the Shamans gives bleed but the original doesnt.

Finally some feats need a complete overhaul like Iron Lungs (I mean who actually chooses that?) or Come at Me.

As a side note, can we sort out the Nobushi's Second Wind feat. Its cool that she keeps her old Blissful Rest animation but it needs the timing altering so it finishes quicker so keep it in line with everyone else's Second Wind.

LedgeAllegiance
05-18-2018, 04:00 AM
Thanks for all the feed back. A lot of good suggestions. I think the nerf to bombs to make them on par with the rest of factions would be great. Less area of effect and rescue damage. Hate when I run into a lawbringer on dominion and he just throws bombs until your team is dead especially when majority of the team is knights faction. Guilty of this but was to see how easy and annoying it was to just use 3 bombs in a row would kill anyone if not missed. I would much rather lose to a better team than to a broken feat. Getting hit with a trap doesn't mean death unless used correctly to ledge and arrow storm is so bad I can literally just roll around and miss arrows. Would like to see feats more appealing to fighting than just a nuke. Could see bombs causing reduce stam for short duration or minor defense drop with big damage reduction.