PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to combine IUB and RUB??

Col_Tibbetts
11-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Hey folks,

I really love the realism of RUB but I hear that there are some great eye candy effects in the new IUB 2. So, has anyone been successful with combining the two?

Is it hard?

THANKS TO ALL WHO MOD!

Col_Tibbetts
11-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Hey folks,

I really love the realism of RUB but I hear that there are some great eye candy effects in the new IUB 2. So, has anyone been successful with combining the two?

Is it hard?

THANKS TO ALL WHO MOD!

Kaleun1961
11-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Ah, yes, wouldn't that be great! Unfortunately, both mods alter the same files, so the choice is really only one or the other, sadly. If it's any consolation, IUB is somewhat based on RUB.

Funkasoar
11-23-2005, 03:01 AM
IUB is essentially RUB but changed. Its like they took RUB then added a bunch of stuff which sometimes changed what RUB changed. SO the best advice if you want to use IUB but alo some RUB functions is to find thefiles which IUB changes from RUB which you dont like and then return them to the originalRUB state. THis work for most things but some are changed in a few .cfg files and such so that would involve more difficult changes.

Johan217
11-23-2005, 06:56 AM
Yes, it is possible to combine them but you have to know a bit about the folder structure of SH3.

It's easiest when you start with RUB145, and then put parts of IUB102 over it.
1) Install RUB145
2) Unzip IUB into a temporary folder and look for the Textures, Sound and Crew folders. Copy the contents of these folders over your RU145 installation. This gives you all the sound enhancements and all high-resolution textures from IUB102 (U-boot interiors, AI ships etc) and the new crew uniforms.
3) Install the following mods from http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/
a) Harbour_Traffic_146_for__RuB_144 (contains milkcows, AI U-boats, dolphins and all features of the IUB102 campaign)
b) Terrain_upgrade_v2_1.rar (terrain textures from IUB102)

I did my own custom installation this way, but I did not copy the IUB sounds and the U-boot skins because I prefer the originals.

Hope it helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kaleun1961
11-23-2005, 11:16 AM
There's also a sub-folder of mods in IUB. You have the option to restore RUB defaults. I'm not sure if it accomplishes the same thing as Johan127's method, but it's worth a look.