PDA

View Full Version : Reworks before new heroes ??

Skarin279
05-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Hi!
First of all, are All of the original heroes getting a rework? And will it be, before you are going to add new heroes??

Thanks

TSCDescon
05-15-2018, 05:33 PM
I wouldn’t count on it.

UbiInsulin
05-15-2018, 11:07 PM
Hi!
First of all, are All of the original heroes getting a rework? And will it be, before you are going to add new heroes??

Thanks

The heroes that were part of the original roster will be receiving major balance updates or full reworks, yes. We will have more news to share on new heroes as it becomes available! You can expect new heroes before the end of the year.

Siegfried-Z
05-16-2018, 12:18 AM
The heroes that were part of the original roster will be receiving major balance updates or full reworks, yes. We will have more news to share on new heroes as it becomes available! You can expect new heroes before the end of the year.

Ok then, let's have a look at it.

You already rework : Kensei, Conq, Zerk
Major Balance : Highlander, Nobu, PK

If we look at season 2 char : Cent get nerfs and finally buff and shinobi is doing very well so far
Season 3 : Glad is fine and Highlander balanced
Season 4 : Shaman is still very effective but get many nerfs already and Aramusha get buffed !

Vanguard : Kensei get reworked, Warden don't need anything, Raider is very effective as he is but maybe not very fun (PK balance things ?)
Tank : Conq is rework, Shugo is still ****ing horrible and didn't need anything and Jarl is fine but maybe annoying as well.
First assassin gets all reworks or balanced now (PK, Zerk, Oro)
Hybrid : LB is still fine, Nobu get balanced and is very dangerous ... AND .. VALKY What ?? Valk What ? Don't know this char.

Really If you still have to rework a Char now this is this poor Valk PLEASE UBI ! :/

Skarin279
05-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the information

Armosias
05-16-2018, 08:31 AM
Actually Raider had a major update on season 2 don't forget it.

SpaceJim12
05-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Warden don't need anything

Stop reading after that...

DrinkinMyStella
05-16-2018, 12:06 PM
valk needs some love before S7 and I mean a rework not a balance change.

HazelrahFirefly
05-16-2018, 12:15 PM

Ikr? Definite bias going on there.

SpaceJim12
05-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Ikr? Definite bias going on there.

Exactly. While "Raider not very fun" with at least one soft feint move, Warden do not need anything. Tell me about it. The only cool thing Warden have is his counter-attack. But I really can't understand why he still don't have it the way that HL have. From any direction and easier input.

Nitroslayer217
05-16-2018, 03:14 PM
What do you mean "the Warden doesn't really need anything"? since parry changes all warden has is his fast as hell top light, vortex, and a zone attack that gets guard-broken on block and that's it really. what he needs are viable attacks for free damage alot like what centurion has for getting a free heavy on a parry(regardless of what kind of attack)or what highlander has for getting free heavies on his kick or toss.
imo i think they should rework most of warden's combos around his shoulder bash like for example giving him a chain that gives him a free shoulder bash transition into heavy on a parry. or they could give him that sword pin from apollyon's moveset. just putting ideas and thoughts out there

Siegfried-Z
05-16-2018, 03:38 PM

Man really ?

If u mean warden is weak i can't understand.. he's got many strong weapons.

And about the counter-attack.. yes he has it only on the top but the timing is far simplier than the HL counter-attack because the fact u can do it only by the top makes u react at any top attack while with HL when u want to do it most of the time u have to change the guard direction and very often that's too late.

That's why you see more "Incumbre " On the Battlefield than HL counter.

Siegfried-Z
05-16-2018, 03:41 PM
What do you mean "the Warden doesn't really need anything"? since parry changes all warden has is his fast as hell top light, vortex, and a zone attack that gets guard-broken on block and that's it really. what he needs are viable attacks for free damage alot like what centurion has for getting a free heavy on a parry(regardless of what kind of attack)or what highlander has for getting free heavies on his kick or toss.
imo i think they should rework most of warden's combos around his shoulder bash like for example giving him a chain that gives him a free shoulder bash transition into heavy on a parry. or they could give him that sword pin from apollyon's moveset. just putting ideas and thoughts out there

Since parry changes don't forget Warden still has a nice follow up with two guaranted lights and starting his vortex.

And if u didn't know it warden can't be guard-broken anymore after a blocked zone, they fix it already.

Tyrjo
05-16-2018, 03:47 PM
What do you mean "the Warden doesn't really need anything"? since parry changes all warden has is his fast as hell top light, vortex, and a zone attack that gets guard-broken on block and that's it really. what he needs are viable attacks for free damage alot like what centurion has for getting a free heavy on a parry(regardless of what kind of attack)or what

Free GB on a blocked Warden zone has been gone for quite a while.

SpaceJim12
05-16-2018, 03:55 PM
If u mean warden is weak i can't understand.. he's got many strong weapons.

And about the counter-attack.. yes he has it only on the top but the timing is far simplier than the HL counter-attack because the fact u can do it only by the top makes u react at any top attack while with HL when u want to do it most of the time u have to change the guard direction and very often that's too late.

That's why you see more "Incumbre " On the Battlefield than HL counter.

I mean Warden mostly one good move actor. He is extreamly predictable. Sure, he strong, but Zerc and Kensei were strong too before reworks, but who cares? And nobody said Warden need a buff.
Rework is not about strong or not. Rework is about make char more intresting and versatile. And warden now are deffenetly not.

As for counters, I did pretty good with HL counters, can't see problem with this. While Warden's counter have a really stupid input on PC with keyboard and mouse. So if one microlag happend, you just did top light instead of counter. And as I said, this counter mechanic camt to HL from Warden, but improved. So obviously Warden shoud get a better version.

GeneraISoIo
05-16-2018, 04:19 PM
Really If you still have to rework a Char now this is this poor Valk PLEASE UBI ! :/

In my opinion the Valk is in pretty good shape other than maybe adjusting her damage output. She has had one of the best combos for a long time, I think since launch. She has a deflect, and a superior block attack, trip, shield bash and heavy feint into shield bash, along will a bunch of combos that play into one another for continuous combos. I've seen a lot of people want a rework for her, but maybe make some suggestions, because I don't see what she is missing. Maybe you need to practice with her more and find out what all she can do. They don't do a good job of explaining how some of the combos flow into one another. I am more than happy to explain to anyone that feels they don't understand what I am saying. Valk is a beast! Don't get me wrong, if they buff her, I'm cool with it. I just hope they don't take any of what I said away.

GeneraISoIo
05-16-2018, 04:22 PM
In my opinion the Valk is in pretty good shape other than maybe adjusting her damage output. She has had one of the best combos for a long time, I think since launch. She has a deflect, and a superior block attack, trip, shield bash and heavy feint into shield bash, along will a bunch of combos that play into one another for continuous combos. I've seen a lot of people want a rework for her, but maybe make some suggestions, because I don't see what she is missing. Maybe you need to practice with her more and find out what all she can do. They don't do a good job of explaining how some of the combos flow into one another. I am more than happy to explain to anyone that feels they don't understand what I am saying. Valk is a beast! Don't get me wrong, if they buff her, I'm cool with it. I just hope they don't take any of what I said away.

I'm actually going to start a thread on Valk. Look for it if you want some pointers on her.

Armosias
05-16-2018, 04:36 PM
As for counters, I did pretty good with HL counters, can't see problem with this. While Warden's counter have a really stupid input on PC with keyboard and mouse. So if one microlag happend, you just did top light instead of counter. And as I said, this counter mechanic camt to HL from Warden, but improved. So obviously Warden shoud get a better version.

How is the input different? Isn't crush countering a passive on lights startups? And if I recall correctly Warden's crush counter is rewarded with a heavy worth of damages

HazelrahFirefly
05-16-2018, 04:39 PM
I mean Warden mostly one good move actor. He is extreamly predictable. Sure, he strong, but Zerc and Kensei were strong too before reworks, but who cares? And nobody said Warden need a buff.
Rework is not about strong or not. Rework is about make char more intresting and versatile. And warden now are deffenetly not.

Exactly. Warden can be amazing, but his kit is as limited as they come. Look at the PK. Incredibly strong character but a simple kit, so she got a rework. It's about the heroes all being on the same level.

As a Warden you can abuse SB all day, but the good players can see it coming a mile away, and they know yo be ready to parry left for that zone.

Oh, and the Highlander's CC is far superior, and not just because of three directions. His window is much larger, to the point that you can see the indicator and swing a lot of the time. The warden has to treat the CC like a parry essentially, striking weapon against weapon.

SpaceJim12
05-16-2018, 05:16 PM
How is the input different? Isn't crush countering a passive on lights startups? And if I recall correctly Warden's crush counter is rewarded with a heavy worth of damages

If i'm correct, you should move your mouse forward and press left button at the same time. For HL it's works like parry, but with light attack input. So he can use it just pressing left mouse button, if direction correct.

Oh, and the Highlander's CC is far superior, and not just because of three directions. His window is much larger, to the point that you can see the indicator and swing a lot of the time. The warden has to treat the CC like a parry essentially, striking weapon against weapon.

HL could deffenetly destroy feint spamers with this. Instead of parry, you use light, And if opponent cancel/feint it, he got light hit immediatly. So, again, as I said, this mechanic should be apply to Warden's counter crushing. For now everybody, who had long time fights against Wardens just avoid top attacks. But you can't avoid any attack at all. =)

Siegfried-Z
05-16-2018, 08:12 PM

Well i am rep 11 with Valk so i believe i practice her and i am good with her kit i believe but i would respond on ur thread on why she is weak despite of all these "theoric" weapons";)

And for u guys (space, Haz) now i've got ur point and on the "funny" point i agree about warden, he is not so exciting to play.

But there i was speaking about efficiency only, my bad i di'nt mention it.

Valk is very fun on the other way but weak :/

Siegfried-Z
05-16-2018, 08:13 PM
BTW i am on PS4 which make the experience different than PC .. i say that for things like HL counter for example :)

Ianoneshot
05-17-2018, 01:59 AM
Warden don't need anything,
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/someordinarygamers/images/3/3d/Triggered-meme.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160831003608

Skarin279
07-19-2018, 10:05 AM
REWORKS BEFORE NEW HEROES!!!!!!!
This is what we need! Just a reminder