PDA

View Full Version : This is what dominion is now?

vgrimr_J
05-14-2018, 03:50 PM
Nothing but UB spam and gank squads? what the hell happened. i know this was bad before but not this bad jesus christ. conqs just shield spamming in team fights.warlords headbutting.valkyries shieldbashing and so on.nobody is doing any reg attacks anymore its just ub spam. and how the hell is revenge still effected by cc? where is my lvl 3 bots when someone rage quits from my team? in higher level of play these bots are a must because you are already in a huge disadvantage because of that one rage quitter.

SpaceJim12
05-14-2018, 04:28 PM
And this is 1,959,543 thread about "Dominion nothing but UB spam and gunk". Sorry, I should say this...

1. What do you want to see in Dominion? For sure people play to win. And there are simple ready tools for it. Gunk better than 1v1, UB better than common attacks. While people become really familiar with parry and blocking, it's stupid to spam lights and heavies in team fight. While rare people come into the game for good sword fight with different combos, 90% came to win and grind steel/xp. Gunk faster, easier, UB gives you more profit. Why people shouldn't use it?
2. The only way to change it now, is to change core in-game mechanics, and I really doubt, that Ubi will do it. No GB after parry, it's all we can get. Turtling still the better way to play, feint spam made a lot of fights looks like "let's see who will land attack first" fights. If Ubi leave things like it is now, Dominion will never change.
3. The things that could help is new game mode, that will be so focused on objectives, that you'll just never become in 1v4 situation. And even if you will, you would do your best to keep enemies busy, while your teammates do the real job. That is how dominion should work, but it doesn't. Someone said that tribute are this gamemode, but I just don't like capture the flag gameplay, so I wait for something real, like medieval based gamemode.

Well, as you can see, Dominion looks like it cause of gameplay mechanics and people who prefer win instead of good fight. Shield bashes, headbutt, all this things were in game since launch. And the only reason people do not spam it and gunks were rare, it's cause people just built up this kind of strategy. And than some streamers shown how effective it could be and done.
I have teammates that called me noob, cause I refused to go with them to captured one zone full four.

DrinkinMehStella
05-14-2018, 04:48 PM
tribute is the best 4v4 ganking occurs less than dominion in my experience, I still encounter gank squads but much less than dominion. If elimination was popular then that would be best.

Illyrian_King
05-14-2018, 05:00 PM
1001st thread about this topic ... but after all it's realistic to get you asss butchered when fighting against 3-4 enemies simultanously.

It was even a common strategy when ganking an opponent to toss him around or try to make him fall with a solid shield bash, so you or your mate can cut him when his defense is down.

I don't like being ganked too, but there is nothing "unexpected" i could complain about.

SpaceJim12
05-14-2018, 05:09 PM
If elimination was popular then that would be best.

On PC the problem of elimination was that your opponent run away in the beginning of the match to help his friend kill someone, and than you stand against two. And of course all this boost up were stupid. Good rework could bring this gamemode alive, but I doubt we will see this.

DrinkinMehStella
05-14-2018, 05:22 PM
On PC the problem of elimination was that your opponent run away in the beginning of the match to help his friend kill someone, and than you stand against two. And of course all this boost up were stupid. Good rework could bring this gamemode alive, but I doubt we will see this.

they need to apply that 1v1 stamina drain and speed reduction when they try to run straight away.

SpaceJim12
05-14-2018, 06:03 PM
they need to apply that 1v1 stamina drain and speed reduction when they try to run straight away.

And remove gear stats. =)

Helnekromancer
05-14-2018, 07:37 PM
Nothing but UB spam and gank squads? what the hell happened. i know this was bad before but not this bad jesus christ. conqs just shield spamming in team fights.warlords headbutting.valkyries shieldbashing and so on.nobody is doing any reg attacks anymore its just ub spam. and how the hell is revenge still effected by cc? where is my lvl 3 bots when someone rage quits from my team? in higher level of play these bots are a must because you are already in a huge disadvantage because of that one rage quitter.

Only thing you can hope for is fighting a 1v2, and switching targets back and forth interupting their unblockables with a light. I play solo with Valk on console and try to draw enough agro for my team to do something on the map. I can't fight Conq though, with those weird mix-ups he no longer feels like a tank, more like a hybrid.

Erhanninja
05-17-2018, 02:11 AM
Dominion went from worse to sh.t with recent parry changes. I never seen that nearly everybody lets UB and charged attacks rip through. Its a gank festival now. Why? Because people were reluctant coz of heavy punish if UB or charged attacks get parried. What do we have now? You get a light attack for parrying these attacks which takes massive chunk or your health and potentially dead especially with Cent. Same with ledging heroes like LB.

psyminion
05-17-2018, 03:06 AM
honestly it depends on the map in my humble experience.

citadel
temple garden
high fort
sentinel

are anti death-ball.

the rest, well 'GROUP UP!' and pray to Odin/deus/the ancestors that you can fight as a team.

your vote between matches count!

Frostynuggman84
05-17-2018, 10:02 PM
To be 100 percent real, and I feel you on this btw, THIS is what the game has evolved into. Gank or be ganked