PDA

View Full Version : How do bot levels work?

DeadSamurai107
05-14-2018, 02:24 PM
So I am new to For Honor, I am not very good at the game so I've been playing 1v1 duels against bots. They where a bit of a challenge but I won a lot of the time, it was good practice and I was leveling up as well. I tried playing online domination and everyone was a much higher level than me and most people had played the game for over 100 hours which is stupidly unfair...
But I played 2 duels against other player and I won them both but now I've gone back to play vs bots again they are now level 2. I played 6 times and lost every time, that's 18 fights I lost against these bots. They are making the game unplayable for me because PvP is unfair and now PvE is unfair as well... is there anyway for me to make the bots level 1 again?

EvoX.
05-14-2018, 02:30 PM
For the bots to level back down to 1, you'll have to lose a number of PvP matches until your MMR goes down and the game gives you the easier AI.

However, I wouldn't recommend that. You can learn almost nothing from level 1 bots as all they do is throw out Heavies iirc, if you want to improve I suggest sticking with lvl2's. Go to the Arena and manually set their level there, practice, and in no time you'll be wanting to try out the level 3 AI, which are actually a challenge.

Good luck.

DeadSamurai107
05-14-2018, 05:14 PM
For the bots to level back down to 1, you'll have to lose a number of PvP matches until your MMR goes down and the game gives you the easier AI.

However, I wouldn't recommend that. You can learn almost nothing from level 1 bots as all they do is throw out Heavies iirc, if you want to improve I suggest sticking with lvl2's. Go to the Arena and manually set their level there, practice, and in no time you'll be wanting to try out the level 3 AI, which are actually a challenge.

Good luck.

Thank you for your reply
I am planning on playing this game a lot and getting good but at the minute I just want to practice on level 1 bots for a bit, and just to be clear is it duels I need to loose to go back to level 1?

UbiInsulin
05-14-2018, 09:53 PM

Good luck.

Yep, as EvoXTalhante said, bot level is determined by MMR skill thresholds. But when practicing in Arena Mode you can manually change it to whatever you need.

AkenoKobayashi
05-15-2018, 12:10 AM
Yep, as EvoXTalhante said, bot level is determined by MMR skill thresholds for PvE. But when practicing in Arena Mode you can manually change it to whatever you need.

I thought it was the PvP skill threshold. If it is the PvE then I should be facing level 2s and 3s like before because all I play is VS AI.

UbiInsulin
05-15-2018, 12:33 AM
I thought it was the PvP skill threshold. If it is the PvE then I should be facing level 2s and 3s like before because all I play is VS AI.

I don't know why I phrased it that way. Went back and edited it. :)

AkenoKobayashi
05-15-2018, 10:17 PM
And now we're back on topic of the issue with how the game dictates my opponents.

DeadSamurai107
05-21-2018, 07:40 PM
I've just sat here for 1 hour and a half losing games over and over and the stupid bots are still level 2... that 90 minutes I've spend bored af losing every single fight just to get back to level 1 bots and it's not working. If there is no way then I will sell this stupid game today it's literally unplayable.

GeneraISoIo
05-21-2018, 08:37 PM
Yea, needs to be a change to how bots are dished out. I don't play PvP and probably never will again. But I'm stuck with level 1 bots, so now I barely play, if at all. Wouldn't even be playing right now if it weren't for the awesome new Carousel of Death mode.