PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Battles

rogcox
11-30-2005, 07:43 AM
Can somebody help me with:-

OPERATION FALL BLAU
ACES CAMPAIGN

Will both of these work with Forgotten Battles which already has the expansion pack ?

oh - are they any good ?

thanks
rogcox

rogcox
11-30-2005, 07:43 AM
Can somebody help me with:-

OPERATION FALL BLAU
ACES CAMPAIGN

Will both of these work with Forgotten Battles which already has the expansion pack ?

oh - are they any good ?

thanks
rogcox

Beuf_Ninja
11-30-2005, 08:26 AM
It should work fine with a FB+AEP+PFm v4.02, if not you might have to make a seperate FB+AEP v2.04 install and that will definatley work.

I don't know wether its any good, pack includes skins and static-branched campaigns, but it will probably present more exciting scenarios than the stock dynamic campaigns. I've often thought about buying Fall blau myself but I'm to cheap http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tully__
11-30-2005, 01:07 PM
With very few exceptions, most campaigns will work with any version after the one they're intended for unless you have Pacific Fighters standalone only. The exceptions almost all relate to non-runway starts for aircraft that need a ground crew to start but didn't in earlier versions.

rogcox
12-02-2005, 09:38 AM
early days for me, a great simulation and a bunch of people so willing to help - thks

whilst we're on the subject, i'm now the proud owner of 'the' icon/shortcut PF+FB+AEP (FALL BLAU & ACES CAMPAIGN ON THE WAY !)

- do i still have to 'enter' each simulation buy putting the necessary disk in the drive ? can i assume that by starting say FB with it's disk, i can still expect to access PF & AEP from a single start ?

do i have to have so many ubisoft programs showing on the start menu ?

thnks
regds
roger

FoolTrottel
12-02-2005, 01:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- do i still have to 'enter' each simulation buy putting the necessary disk in the drive ? can i assume that by starting say FB with it's disk, i can still expect to access PF & AEP from a single start ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you could create like five icons for each of the simulations and expansions.
However, they would all need to point to one single executable ... and thus a doubleclick would have the same outcome.

So... no, you do not have to have so many Ubisoft programs on the startmenu.

Make sure you have these shortcuts on the Desktop:
- FB-AEP-PF
- FB-AEP-PF Setup
- Hyperlobby (If using online play)
- (Any other IL2 related 3rd party tools/programs)

All the other UBI Soft startmenu icons can be ignored. (Or deleted, if you like ... at yer own risk, surely)

Fall Blau and Aces Campaigns will only have effect on the in-game available missions and campaigns. No shortcuts needed.

And to run it all, one PF disk in the drive is needed, the second one... (or if that does not work, the first one)

Have Fun!