PDA

View Full Version : Valk should get either a feat or a passive that lets her revive executed teammates

PepsiBeastin
05-13-2018, 04:39 PM
Does this not sound awesome and also fit with her theme?

Just picture it, your team is breaking, everyone but a Valkyrie is executed, but she's able to revive a teammate or two to bring them back into the fight and save the game.

Vakris_One
05-13-2018, 05:23 PM
That does sound interesting and thematically relevant to the Valkyrie, I can't deny. How could we make it balanced though? If for example she just activates it and two of her teammates get instant revives wherever they are on the battlefield I think it would be too OP. I think it could work if when she activates the feat she gains the ability to manually revive any executed teammate with the usual input of "B" or "Circle". This at least gives the chance for the enemy to stop her.

PepsiBeastin
05-13-2018, 05:27 PM
That does sound interesting and thematically relevant to the Valkyrie, I can't deny. How could we make it balanced though? If for example she just activates it and two of her teammates get instant revives wherever they are on the battlefield I think it would be too OP. I think it could work if when she activates the feat she gains the ability to manually revive any executed teammate with the usual input of "B" or "Circle". This at least gives the chance for the enemy to stop her.

At first I was just thinking about it either being a passive ability or feat that she can just revive teammates regardless, but that doesn't seem very interesting. Maybe it should be a usable feat where if she does a bit of an animation within say 15 feet of a body, they get revived with full health if they were a normal death, and half health if they were an execution. I'm not sure how we'd handle ledged kills though, since you'd be able to revive people killed by other hazards.

It could also be multi-use with a short cooldown, a bit like grenade feats.

Devils-_-legacy
05-13-2018, 05:40 PM
It would have to be 1 player then a cool down or this would make ganks so much harder maybe be a little like second wind she activates it then it goes to cool down

PepsiBeastin
05-13-2018, 05:45 PM
It would have to be 1 player then a cool down or this would make ganks so much harder maybe be a little like second wind she activates it then it goes to cool down

Not really, since

-you don't have time to execute someone if you're getting ganked
-the teammates usually get revived anyways
-the animation would be obvious

Devils-_-legacy
05-13-2018, 05:51 PM
Ok diffrent experiances in dominon normaly one or two of them get killed and you can over come the gank but If your whole team but Valk gets beat then Valk can revive 3 people who have just been executed that would be the most op feat currently in the game that why I said limit it to one person rather then a multi revive grenade

PepsiBeastin
05-13-2018, 06:02 PM
Ok diffrent experiances in dominon normaly one or two of them get killed and you can over come the gank but If your whole team but Valk gets beat then Valk can revive 3 people who have just been executed that would be the most op feat currently in the game that why I said limit it to one person rather then a multi revive grenade

I think you're misunderstanding, in my description you would have to revive each person individually with say a 20 second cooldown between each use, with maybe a maximum of 3 uses before the feat is drained completely and has to recharge. I think this would fit as a t3 feat, t4 is usually for the most powerful
(or absolutely terrible for samurai lol).

ArmoredChocobo
05-13-2018, 06:28 PM
No, no Mercys.

That would guarantee every 4v4 has a Valkyrie in it, and any team that doesn’t has a distinct disadvantage.

Last thing I’d like to see is be one person from a Victory and they revive all their executed teammates.

Devils-_-legacy
05-13-2018, 06:40 PM
Okay I would still say 3 a bit too high but I orignaly thought you ment an actual grenade

PepsiBeastin
05-13-2018, 07:48 PM
Okay I would still say 3 a bit too high but I orignaly thought you ment an actual grenade

I just meant that the feat would be similar to the grenade feat function where you have (x2) remaining and such

Wobbleshnort
05-13-2018, 08:10 PM
I do not want this, ESPECIALLY if only one class can do it. If I rip someone's head off, it's satisfying and it's reasonable to think that they aren't getting back up. Don't make exceptions to what is a very cool and easy to understand gameplay mechanic. Certainly don't do it only for one class just for "thematic relevance".

PepsiBeastin
05-13-2018, 08:26 PM
I do not want this, ESPECIALLY if only one class can do it. If I rip someone's head off, it's satisfying and it's reasonable to think that they aren't getting back up. Don't make exceptions to what is a very cool and easy to understand gameplay mechanic. Certainly don't do it only for one class just for "thematic relevance".

So essentially, "but muh realism".

KotoKuraken
05-13-2018, 08:31 PM
I'd say go for it.

But if it is to be implemented, it must be a lvl 4 feat and can only be used on one person with a long cooldown. This would be similar to Warlord's auto revive feat, except used to revive one person from execution. There's a few characters already that have unique lvl 4 feats, like Kensei's unblockables, Warlord's auto revive, and Peacekeeper's deathbomb, so this unique feat should fit Valk nicely

AkenoKobayashi
05-14-2018, 12:29 AM
Absolutely not. Last thing we need is someone running around and reviving executed enemies. Especially when they have no head, or no arm. The Valkyrie may be influenced by the Norse pantheon, but there is no magic in this game. Mood effects don't count either. She's no more a warrior of her gods as Shugoki is a demon warrior.

SangLong524
05-14-2018, 01:53 AM
IF ubi ever wants to add Magic to Might, I'd say give this idea a go but a super long cool down for a single target.
It's a bit sad that there's no magicians around. The setting is perfect for some cool fireballs and lightning bolts.

ChampionRuby50g
05-14-2018, 02:17 AM
So essentially, "but muh realism".

There comes a point where realism must take priority. It is stupid for someone who I’ve just decapitated or who has had their their sword arm ripped off only to magically re-attach it and get up. There are many times realism gets put aside and we accept it for the game such as Shamam biting through Lawbringers armour, or Shinobi parrying Lawbringers massive and heavy swings, just to name a few. To have a headless enemy respawning is too much, and also very powerful.

While I do like the idea of the feat, it shouldn’t revive executed allies. Reviving non-executed allies while granting a health buff to surviving allies would be a much better feat.

Camemberto
05-14-2018, 10:42 AM
What about some sort of AOE instant revive feat, that would instantly revive every non-executed ally in a given radius at half health?

Armosias
05-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Somehow this feat would be good, like a passive with cooldown allowing regular revive on executed enemies. T3 or T4 I guess it's not strong enough to go for T4. And it is as realistic as Warlord reviving himself or Shinobi being able to literraly teleport.

Baggin_
05-14-2018, 01:04 PM
I like this Idea. Executed allies revive with half health is good balance. I'd perfer it be an AOE effect so any down allies in the Aoe circle get revived.

You could even have an animation for ledged heroes that get lifted back up to the map inside an aura.

Baggin_
05-14-2018, 01:09 PM
There comes a point where realism must take priority. It is stupid for someone who I’ve just decapitated or who has had their their sword arm ripped off only to magically re-attach it and get up. There are many times realism gets put aside and we accept it for the game such as Shamam biting through Lawbringers armour, or Shinobi parrying Lawbringers massive and heavy swings, just to name a few. To have a headless enemy respawning is too much, and also very powerful.

While I do like the idea of the feat, it shouldn’t revive executed allies. Reviving non-executed allies while granting a health buff to surviving allies would be a much better feat.

What if their heads and arms stayed off and didn't attach back. If someones head is off then there is no hud or indicators. If someones arm is off then they do -50% damage. If it's there sword arm they have it in the wrong hand. This would take a lot of work, but maybe in For Honor 2.

HazelrahFirefly
05-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Realism in FH, what a joke lol.

You guys have got to let that go. I get it, and I'm with you, but it's far too late to hold on to that particular horse.

I love the idea of this feat, but I think it would work better as a passive T3 feat that does two things:

1. Non-executed allies are revived instantly, or probably in one second so that the Valkyrie still has to be momentarily safe. If you think this is too short then the Conq and Nobu say hello.

2. Executed enemies cannot be revived (so no breaking the Breaking rule of the game), however if their corpse is interacted with the time is nullified allowing them to spawn back at the starting zone at that moment.

PepsiBeastin
05-14-2018, 09:19 PM
Realism in FH, what a joke lol.

You guys have got to let that go. I get it, and I'm with you, but it's far too late to hold on to that particular horse.

I love the idea of this feat, but I think it would work better as a passive T3 feat that does two things:

1. Non-executed allies are revived instantly, or probably in one second so that the Valkyrie still has to be momentarily safe. If you think this is too short then the Conq and Nobu say hello.

2. Executed enemies cannot be revived (so no breaking the Breaking rule of the game), however if their corpse is interacted with the time is nullified allowing them to spawn back at the starting zone at that moment.

I think instant revival for unexecuted allies is fair if the feat is made passive (especially with maxed revive, its already super fast with speed revive and this would be an upgrade to that) , or it could be a hybrid feat with a quick revive passive and an active ability that removes ally executed respawn timer and allows them to respawn at base.

Helnekromancer
05-14-2018, 09:58 PM
I don't know man, Dominion right now is filled with Lawbros and Raiders with tiny Assassins on their backs spamming unblockables, and when the Breaking point starts the losing team literally gets nuked.

I would welcome a revive Feat in the game on Valkyrie aslong at it is a skillshot meaning, she has to throw a projectile at a corpse similar to her Javelin Throw and if she misses it, o well. So in some way it is balanced. And it has to be a Tier 4 feat meaning shes giving up her fire bomb, and non combat regen for a 1 time revival of a teammate. So that players will have to decide is playing Valk worth the skillshot revive I have to carefully aim in a hectic battlefield.

Also this game has 2D Fireballs coming out of the sky, and a tiny woman pushing you 15feet, huge men not giving these tiny humans a concussion the moment they hit them or at least broken bones if they block their attacks. There's not a lot of realism in this game other than all of the characters being Humans.

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2018, 09:18 AM
And it has to be a Tier 4 feat meaning shes giving up her fire bomb, and non combat regen

So my use of hunter's horn at tier 4 is pretty non meta then I take it lol. I prefer to know which zone to block to prevent escaping breaking.

HazelrahFirefly
05-15-2018, 05:30 PM
I dont think this would be as OP as some believe. Having it be a ranged projectile is just silly. At best it should be a passive that stays in play, and at worst a banner that drops for an aoe effect.

Dry.Fish
05-15-2018, 07:36 PM
This is the last thing Valkyrie needs. I would most likely never use it and I think executions should be a permadeath until respawn timer ends.