PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie get rework according to last patchnote ? Did i miss something Ubi??

Siegfried-Z
05-13-2018, 12:52 PM
Hi there,

I couldn't see the last warrior den's but i've seen the last patch note Ubi and there is a sentence i don't understand at all ..

"VALKYRIES'S JAVELIN FEAT SHOULD BE A LITTLE BETTER. THIS COMPLETES THE ENTIRETY OF HER REWORK"

Whaaaat ? Someone can help me with that ? :confused:

BTTrinity
05-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Hi there,

I couldn't see the last warrior den's but i've seen the last patch note Ubi and there is a sentence i don't understand at all ..

"VALKYRIES'S JAVELIN FEAT SHOULD BE A LITTLE BETTER. THIS COMPLETES THE ENTIRETY OF HER REWORK"

Whaaaat ? Someone can help me with that ? :confused:

I just looked at the patch notes and see NOTHING of the sort, the ONLY THING in the entire patch that says anything about Valk is: "[Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the cooldown for the Valkyrie “Javelin” feat to start later than expected."

CandleInTheDark
05-13-2018, 04:18 PM
I just looked at the patch notes and see NOTHING of the sort, the ONLY THING in the entire patch that says anything about Valk is: "[Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the cooldown for the Valkyrie “Javelin” feat to start later than expected."

I suspect he is talking about the reddit recap but he missed the small text after.

Valkyrie's javelin feat should be a little better. This completes the entirety of her rework. lmaojk

To be honest, I think the devs were a little irresponsible joking about that on the Den (and they even said oh we're in so much trouble after this then) and for that lmaojk to be in sup text on the reddit recap makes it easier to miss the joke. It's why I try to filter out their jokes in writing my own recap rather than sharing in it, the first time I went along with it it was taken seriously.

Vakris_One
05-13-2018, 06:01 PM
To piggy back on what Trinity and Candle have said, when in doubt it's always best to double check the facts for yourself by checking the officially released patch notes.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-322924-16/patch-notes-v123

They always get the Joe Friday seal of approval:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/7bcAAOSweWVXd2WU/s-l300.jpg

Siegfried-Z
05-13-2018, 08:02 PM
I suspect he is talking about the reddit recap but he missed the small text after.

Valkyrie's javelin feat should be a little better. This completes the entirety of her rework. lmaojk

To be honest, I think the devs were a little irresponsible joking about that on the Den (and they even said oh we're in so much trouble after this then) and for that lmaojk to be in sup text on the reddit recap makes it easier to miss the joke. It's why I try to filter out their jokes in writing my own recap rather than sharing in it, the first time I went along with it it was taken seriously.

Thx.. I did not see that stupid joke u're right :(
I believe nothing really serious gonna be done for the poor valk at the end even in the futur.. they say yes yes but they work on new char already so.

UbiInsulin
05-13-2018, 10:19 PM

Thank you for clearing this up for OP, Candle. Sorry for any confusion caused. The Reddit recap (and the ones posted here by Candle) are awesome resources, but only the official Patch Notes and the Warrior's Den VODs themselves should be treated as gospel.

One way of looking at the joke is that the team is clearly aware that players are getting antsy for a Valk rework.

xTheBurgerMan
05-14-2018, 12:39 AM
"One way of looking at the joke is that the team is clearly aware that players are getting antsy for a Valk rework."

You know it's funny you say that actually, because if that were the case, you would have thought the Devs would have done something about it in the time that they've had (5 seasons now :))

I don't know if it's just me, or if people have slowly been picking up on it recently, based on what I've seen on a handful of other threads, but the Devs seem to keep pushing things back constantly and rolling out the bare minimum to keep people quitting the game.
At the pace things are going at the moment, if the Devs don't pull their fingers out and stepping up, more and more people are going stop playing the game and right now, For honor isnt doing the greatest by any means.

I just wish that the Devs would actually started to prioritize making the game balanced and fun again, as opposed to the occasional ornament, battle outfit etc which adds nothing to the overall experience of the game aside from cosmetic value.

CandleInTheDark
05-14-2018, 12:50 AM
"One way of looking at the joke is that the team is clearly aware that players are getting antsy for a Valk rework."

You know it's funny you say that actually, because if that were the case, you would have thought the Devs would have done something about it in the time that they've had (5 seasons now :))

I don't know if it's just me, or if people have slowly been picking up on it recently, based on what I've seen on a handful of other threads, but the Devs seem to keep pushing things back constantly and rolling out the bare minimum to keep people quitting the game.
At the pace things are going at the moment, if the Devs don't pull their fingers out and stepping up, more and more people are going stop playing the game and right now, For honor isnt doing the greatest by any means.

I just wish that the Devs would actually started to prioritize making the game balanced and fun again, as opposed to the occasional ornament, battle outfit etc which adds nothing to the overall experience of the game aside from cosmetic value.

So ok, the devs managed three reworks and two major balance passes last season two reworks this season.

But, and it's a doozey of a but.

In the last season they have had numerous cons and panels, it is that time of year, sure we only get told that the ones we know like Eric or Damien and Roman for the ones they went to, that takes them out of the office (and I am assuming Damien and Roman are quite influential on their areas) but I would be willing to bet that a whole bunch of other people who would usually be working on the game are taken along in order to support.

Then we have E3 and announcements (which Eric picked up on Damien using the plural) that come there so that will have taken time too. We know they have RIT tests going on for balance type stuff, I tend to take things as they come (and it is the Valk I am using right now I might add) but I wouldn't be surprised if there were announcements in the next patch which on the pattern of most patches is likely middle of June and we will certainly have the E3 announcements.

Vakris_One
05-14-2018, 02:55 AM

The devs have always been jokey about things and they've always been relatively slow in releasing major updates to characters, nothing has really changed in that department. They've always delivered on their promises eventually however which has to count for something by now. They may be slow but eventually they do meet all of the big targets they set out to achieve which is more than can be said of some other studios out there. If that doesn't say that they are determined to stick by this game then nothing will convince you.

Secondly, For Honor is actually doing very well in terms of players especially with a recent influx of buyers from the free weekend. They have managed to hit 7.5 million players so far and are still climbing. You should do some research on the matter rather than fall back on quoting the now out of date cliche that "this game is in trouble".

Thirdly, as much as I like the Valkyrie I seriously doubt a huge swath of people are going to stop playing the game just because one of their favourite hero's rework might not be coming until Season 7. Most will do as we've all done at some point and simply tough it out with an underpowered hero while playing a different hero in the mean time. Or go play other games while they wait. It's really not the end of the world.

CandleInTheDark
05-14-2018, 03:22 AM
Thirdly, as much as I like the Valkyrie I seriously doubt a huge swath of people are going to stop playing the game just because one of their favourite hero's rework might not be coming until Season 7. Most will do as we've all done at some point and simply tough it out with an underpowered hero while playing a different hero in the mean time. Or go play other games while they wait. It's really not the end of the world.

Some mains are pretty philosophical about it

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8h5kna/when_ubi_doesnt_give_you_a_buff_so_you_decide_to/

I just see the time Valk gets a buff being rapidly followed by Valk OP posts, I've been on the forum long enough to remember the furore when, after nerfing her too hard after beta, the devs rolled some of the nerfs back.

Vakris_One
05-14-2018, 03:38 AM
Some mains are pretty philosophical about it

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8h5kna/when_ubi_doesnt_give_you_a_buff_so_you_decide_to/

Now that's the kind of Valk protest rage I like to see! :)

I just see the time Valk gets a buff being rapidly proceeded by Valk OP posts, I've been on the forum long enough to remember the furore when, after nerfing her too hard after beta, the devs rolled some of the nerfs back.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

:p

It's one of the rules of the Universe: every time a character gets even so much as a sideways buff the forums light up with OP posts.

CandleInTheDark
05-14-2018, 05:26 AM
Now that's the kind of Valk protest rage I like to see! :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

:p

It's one of the rules of the Universe: every time a character gets even so much as a sideways buff the forums light up with OP posts.

Yeah March last year they sped her lights up because she went from top of duel rankings in beta to bottom on release after a nerf. Just for fun, and bear in mind she has been mostly untouched since, type in valkyrie in forum search on general, mid thirties is the period after her buff.

One of the loudest about it was a peacekeeper main who said git gud and failing that git gudder over light spam.

Siegfried-Z
05-16-2018, 12:07 AM
Guys everything u said before is right Devs are doing things for sure and the game is going good in terms of numbers of ppl etc.

But my post is about Valk.. and clearly they are aware that many people are asking for a Valk rework for a while but they prefer to rework Char more ppl are using first.

The best exemple is PK ! WTF ? yes she's gonna be funnier now but what the hell she didn't need a rework at all !

And i agree at the begenning of the game Valk was kind of OP with the overall level in the game but now ..... for exemple i am rep 85 and playing most of the times against rep 100 and far more and what can u do with valk if you're second light is always parried ?

Valk is so far the less loved char of the dev team, just be honest.

So yes my main was from the begening Kensei and i am very happy with the rework but i love even more my Valk but she is so weak that i prefer to play my Shaman when i played too much Kensei sometimes.. even my PK sometimes haha XD

If she were effective, i would main Valk for sure.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2018, 04:03 AM
Guys everything u said before is right Devs are doing things for sure and the game is going good in terms of numbers of ppl etc.

But my post is about Valk.. and clearly they are aware that many people are asking for a Valk rework for a while but they prefer to rework Char more ppl are using first.

The best exemple is PK ! WTF ? yes she's gonna be funnier now but what the hell she didn't need a rework at all !

And i agree at the begenning of the game Valk was kind of OP with the overall level in the game but now ..... for exemple i am rep 85 and playing most of the times against rep 100 and far more and what can u do with valk if you're second light is always parried ?

Valk is so far the less loved char of the dev team, just be honest.

So yes my main was from the begening Kensei and i am very happy with the rework but i love even more my Valk but she is so weak that i prefer to play my Shaman when i played too much Kensei sometimes.. even my PK sometimes haha XD

If she were effective, i would main Valk for sure.

Same question as to every other person that brings up the peacekeeper changes, are you one of my those who, were she still top next state if balance blog, would have been asking when are the devs going to nerf her? Because for the most part I suspect those doing the complaining would have been complaining about that.

This from someone who plays valk whatever state she is in by the by.

Card1acArrest
05-16-2018, 06:44 AM
I love my Valk main now rep 17.. i can do well with her in 4v4.

but the last weeks i kinda gave up on her. she just has too low damage output.. :)

So played a bit warden, warlord, orochi, and did much better with em even if i havent played em much at all ever. almost funny...

Siegfried-Z
05-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Same question as to every other person that brings up the peacekeeper changes, are you one of my those who, were she still top next state if balance blog, would have been asking when are the devs going to nerf her? Because for the most part I suspect those doing the complaining would have been complaining about that.

This from someone who plays valk whatever state she is in by the by.

Sorry man my english is kind of fluent but there i did'nt get what u're asking to me :D

HazelrahFirefly
05-16-2018, 05:27 PM
I've stated this before but, for me it's not exactly an issue of the devs having prioritization of things like PK and E3 over Valk, it's the fact that it feels like so little.

I don't play Rainbow Six Seige, but I get the alerts from YouTube all the time that new operators are coming out. That's Ubisoft as well, and the Division would receive far more updates then FH ever has.

I can't help but feel like they should 'just do something' in a lot of cases. Take the Valk for example; she's obviously too low in the damage department. So, despite that it might not fit in with her rework, go ahead and buff up her numbers to make her competitive again for the time being. Those same numbers are going to change again anyway when the rework eventually hits, so just do something.

I know it's a matter of manpower and needing people to work on other elements of the game, but that's what has me worried most of all. I am incredibly paranoid that this game is actually on life support from suits at Ubisoft, and that it will be killed off if E3 doesn't lead to a great increase in numbers.

Paranoid, btw, because I love this game and want it to continue being the weekend activity of me and my chums.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Sorry man my english is kind of fluent but there i did'nt get what u're asking to me :D

People are complaining that the peacekeeper got a rework What I suspect, and I am not outright saying you are one of these people, is that if she maintains her spot at the top of the rankings which she has held pretty much most if not all of the time since game's release, most of those same people would be complaining that ubisoft haven't nerfed her which this rework enabled the devs to do without breaking her.

Siegfried-Z
05-16-2018, 11:31 PM
First i've never said i was not happy about PK rework.. it would just have been done after the Valk one in my opinion as like u said PK were already at the top AND almost NOBODY ask for this rework.. :confused:

So no i am not going to ask for a PK nerf.. and btw i am far more afraid by the orochi rework and i believe ppl gonna find Kensei cute after this XD

I gess you wanted to show that some ppl are complaining whatever happen.. yes some are but not everyone.

You're speaking as if u were right for sure but u don't on this point..

And i am just one of the few which are strongly active for some Valk love, my mind was only about that.. on everything else, i love the game and what the team is doing.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2018, 11:40 PM
First i've never said i was not happy about PK rework.. it would just have been done after the Valk one in my opinion as like u said PK were already at the top AND almost NOBODY ask for this rework.. :confused:

So no i am not going to ask for a PK nerf.. and btw i am far more afraid by the orochi rework and i believe ppl gonna find Kensei cute after this XD

I gess you wanted to show that some ppl are complaining whatever happen.. yes some are but not everyone.

You're speaking as if u were right for sure but u don't on this point..

And i am just one of the few which are strongly active for some Valk love, my mind was only about that.. on everything else, i love the game and what the team is doing.

That's kind of the point I am making, yes pk is top of the pile, this rework isn't about making her stronger, it is about enabling the devs to nerf her without breaking her, many of the people who are all bs peacekeeper didn't need a rework are also the people who called for her to be deleted from the game or who frequently ask for nerfs and I believe they would have been more active had the state of balance shown she was still top without anything being announced for her.

I also know that this is not everyone and I specifically said I am not saying you are one of these people as I haven't seen enough of your posts to know this. I have been on this forum since release and reddit since season three though so I have pretty much seen it all.

I do get that people want the rework, I like Valkyrie and want to see what they have in mind also, I just believe that the best for the general health of the game both in terms of characters and in terms of the community was that the peacekeeper got this as soon as they could get it out.