PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips I Could Apply?

IAmOddGirl
05-12-2018, 10:48 PM
My latest video has gotten a bad comment that I actually think was sincere enough to consider. My channel is I Am OddGirl. He said my plays were mediocre at best and editing was sh**. So whats a few For Honor content creations tips perhaps? Or was he just a viewer I should take with a grain of salt and keep going as I have been.

UbiJurassic
05-12-2018, 11:27 PM
My latest video has gotten a bad comment that I actually think was sincere enough to consider. My channel is I Am OddGirl. He said my plays were mediocre at best and editing was sh**. So whats a few For Honor content creations tips perhaps? Or was he just a viewer I should take with a grain of salt and keep going as I have been.

Personally, I would take it with a grain of salt. Being a content creator can be rough at times and it's far easier for someone to point out something that's wrong than something that's good. It doesn't sound like the person had anything constructive to share, so keep on doing your best work!

As far as content creation tips, take some time to watch content creators whose video editing work you admire. If you see something you find cool, ask yourself "how'd they edit that" and then set out on a mission to find out how they did it so that you can practice it for yourself. No one ever started out a master and a wise person is always learning. :)

IAmOddGirl
05-12-2018, 11:43 PM
Thank You. :o

EvoX.
05-13-2018, 12:55 AM
What's wrong with mediocre play, though?

BTTrinity
05-13-2018, 04:21 PM
UbiJurassic took the words right out of my mouth, I probably couldnt have said it better.

Maybe the guy was someone you beat in one of your videos and was upset... Things like that happen too, but dont let things like this get to you as a content creator, just keep going and in the long run Im sure you'll notice improvements in everything you're focusing on.

Good luck

Alustar.
05-13-2018, 05:45 PM
Going to piggy back here on Jurassic and Trinity, unless said commenter had some viable advice to go with that critique, don't give it too much of your energy. Being as creative is far more difficult than a critic, and in my opinion critics are often the death of amazing creative ideas.
Regardless where you stand as a creator, you are always going to grow and develop. Your content now is likely better than it was 5+ years ago, and likewise will be better than it is now 5+ years down the road. Never let the words of the vocal minority get to you, otherwise you'll find yourself enjoying your process less. In my honest opinion, some of the best content I have enjoyed was made with very little thought given to an actual target audience.

PepsiBeastin
05-13-2018, 05:52 PM
About the "mediocre gameplay", that's only an issue of becoming more and more familiar with the basics. Also, if you see someone really good with one character you could always spar with them a bit in custom matches to see how you should fight them, or ask them about certain counters. I've done this before with Shinobi, and I've even taught a few people how to use him.

Alustar.
05-13-2018, 06:12 PM
After having viewed a few of the videos I would say you are above average with most the heroes you use (my opinion) . Which is just what that comment about mediocre gameplay is, an opinion. Secondly, the only real flaw I could see in the videos was the video quality, which you may or may not have the ability to control, being on console isn't the best place for high quality video rips. Outside of that, you are doing well. I suggest playing with audio mixers a little more? Maybe fading music in and out so that combat noise can be heard a little? Maybe play with scene transitions to be less abrupt and such. But again, all that is stuff you will learn and adapt as you play with software.

IAmOddGirl
05-13-2018, 06:32 PM
Thank you guys for the feedback.

Yeah right now Xbox One did something with their Upload Studio and I really have no idea what. I have my own Elgato HD, but the record that feature on the xbox is so convenient to use. The issues is sometimes the audio is off just a little tiny bit and that just bothers me to no end, and if the action I wanted is like 10 seconds in so I try to edit it on the xbox itll freeze the clip and itll upload to onedrive like that.

For Honor has been an experience though lol. I've always felt each fight is fresh and exciting. Block out everything around me and just see my opponent and the options he/she has. This is the first console game since Battlefield 4 that has kept me on it for 12-16hrs every day off I have had since Alpha lol. I never get sick of it.