PDA

View Full Version : The science of bunker ping pong

L-Rurik-TFG
05-12-2018, 09:22 PM
I've been playing for years but never had an idea of what ping-pong'ing was until this month. For others, one person sets a really bad time. Later, the other person sets a slightly better time. Then the first sets a slightly better time. The two go back and forth, taking obvious wins, until the end when they fight for real.

Basically a system to game coin payouts, as they accrue over time. But, that time diminishes the longer the track goes without a win. I've tried to track how much today:

Instead of reverse engineering the APK, I just recorded the screen for two hours and reviewed afterward.

Immediately after a win, coins accrued at approximately 7 seconds per coin.
2 minutes in: 17 secs/coin
5 minutes in: 30 secs/coin
10 minutes in: 40 secs/coin
20 minutes in: 60 secs/coin
30 minutes in: 70 secs/coin
45 minutes in: 90 secs/coin
1 hour and 15 minutes in: 120 secs/coin
2 hours in: 165 secs/coin

So if this is correct, ping-ponging every 25 mins ensures that coin payout doesn't drop below 1/min. Players fight at the end, each walks away with a decent purse.

Except that only 1% of players actually do this :D

Is that fairly accurate?

NOBBYHOBSON
05-13-2018, 05:20 PM
Have a search on this forum there are plenty of very good threads on the subject. You have done an excellent breakdown of chip collection.
The problem now is the people that know about ping ponging already have the resources and this method of play is not required anymore. When I get to Legends I usually do this to indicate I'll let them win leaving all the tracks with 5 deaths. If they take them straight back then I'll just win one of the tracks ensuring they get the Victory.

L-Rurik-TFG
05-13-2018, 07:57 PM
Good points, yes. Somehow my searching was insufficient to find the good threads :)

At worst, a good reminder that this practice exists and can be fruitful for each person in the battle.

NOBBYHOBSON
05-14-2018, 12:33 AM
Damn, I posted this now deleted message In the wrong thread earlier so now the post is in a thread called "Bunker game play controls".

Doing this editing while intoxicated was a bad idea but I think I've finally got it. I couldn't leave it as it was, it made less sense than it does now.
And seeing as though I can't delete the post I had to write something.

Again, I'm sorry for the confusion in this thread.

RupanSansei77
05-14-2018, 02:09 AM
Yes, i confirm that wen u, NOBBYHOBSON, are already in legends u let other players on worst place win, and i thank u 4 that. Wen i'm in that place i do the same, i just take a track to make some coins and let the other 2 to other player win, it's a good code of honor. But there's some jerks that don't do that, and they deserve a cork medal 4 that, he he he!

CagBall
05-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Have a search on this forum there are plenty of very good threads on the subject. You have done an excellent breakdown of chip collection.
The problem now is the people that know about ping ponging already have the resources and this method of play is not required anymore. When I get to Legends I usually do this to indicate I'll let them win leaving all the tracks with 5 deaths. If they take them straight back then I'll just win one of the tracks ensuring they get the Victory.

Ah that's what you were doing the other day. I thought you might have just forgot about the match. Cheers for the win though!

Sardius77-TFG
05-15-2018, 05:13 PM
So if this is correct, ping-ponging every 25 mins ensures that coin payout doesn't drop below 1/min. Players fight at the end, each walks away with a decent purse.

Except that only 1% of players actually do this :D

Is that fairly accurate?

Very few players actually PP every 25 minutes, but more than 1% will PP with free chips (perhaps once per hour or 1.5 hours?). Now I'm interested in the approximate chip payout for a given # of GTs used. I play bunker to get chips to buy GTs...so spending GTs to get chips may not be worth it.