PDA

View Full Version : This game is garbage outside 1v1

swiss_soldier_1
05-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Like literally, it just sucks to go in any other game mode.

Just make more and funnier and longer 1v1 modes, I don't know, maybe maps could follow a pattern or something. Like Obi wan vs anakin

Or just invent a siege mode where we have a purpose and might forget the ganking and stuff

Vakris_One
05-12-2018, 04:59 PM
In your opinion perhaps. I find Tribute and Brawl to be quite fun. Dominion also has its moments from time to time. 1v1 was for quite some time the absolute worst game mode in my opinion back when the defensive meta was in full swing and we had utter crap like unlock exploits, last bar of health regen and guaranteed GB after a parry. It has since become a much more fun experience but it is by no means the only fun mode to play unless you only bought the game for 1v1s.

Of course a siege mode would be great, no argument there.

Devils-_-legacy
05-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Of course a siege mode would be great, no argument there.
Pvp or pvAi? Not sure I understand seige mode properly.

Helnekromancer
05-12-2018, 06:31 PM

Just make more and funnier and longer 1v1 modes, I don't know, maybe maps could follow a pattern or something. Like Obi wan vs anakin

Or just invent a siege mode where we have a purpose and might forget the ganking and stuff

I guess that is your opinion but, I find Dominion and now with the new maps, Brawl is actually a BRAWL to be the msot fun.

Duel is only fun for the top 3 strongest fighters and every assassin, and within that it's nothing but starring contests, fishing for parries and only doing the safests of attacks. If your Hero have fast lights, a lot of super armor or unblockables that lead into guaranteed hits, duel is for you.

CandleInTheDark
05-12-2018, 06:38 PM
I guess that is your opinion but, I find Dominion and now with the new maps, Brawl is actually a BRAWL to be the msot fun.

Is that happening regularly now? I haven't been in brawl for a good while.

Helnekromancer
05-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Is that happening regularly now? I haven't been in brawl for a good while.

Yea the new training area maps are playable in Brawl and i when i queue up for Brawl im almost always playing on those 3 maps. A real 2v2 and it gets pretty intense once people start switching targets randomly.

CandleInTheDark
05-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Yea the new training area maps are playable in Brawl and i when i queue up for Brawl im almost always playing on those 3 maps. A real 2v2 and it gets pretty intense once people start switching targets randomly.

That is pretty much what I want to see in brawl so I might give it another go. People seem to assume that those who argue for actually fighting 2v2 want 2(2v1), it's the teamwork in a 2v2 tussle and the chaos of having to watch your back for a sudden targetswitch that makes the game appealing to me.

EvoX.
05-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Brawl is also good. Don't know about Tribute, but Dominion is abysmal.

HazelrahFirefly
05-13-2018, 02:41 AM

I agree. Dominion especially is the worst. It's not even playable anymore. Every fight is 3 or 4v1.

I just quit after 1.5 hours because its just so boring. The game has become boring as ****. Its more fun to fly through the black of space in Elite Dangerous for ****s sake.

mrmistark
05-13-2018, 10:26 AM
While there is no game that I’ve played that has been as intense and close as my multitudes of decent to amazing duels, to say that everything else is trash is pretty false.

Admittedly every 4v4 gamemode is very frustrating at times, somedays very often, but I’ve had many great games in other game modes.

I’d rank all game modes (not including ranked modes cause those are a joke) in order from best to worst in my opinion:
1. Brawl
2. Elimination
3. Tribute
4. Duel
5. Dominion
6. Skirmish

The only problem with Elimination is that it’s linked with skirmish, marginally the worst game mode in the game. All it takes is one dope to vote against you with a skirmish map and you might be stuck playing a worse gankball than dominion. I find it so fun but never play it because dealing with the possibility of Skirmish makes it too obnoxious to deal with playing.

Tribute at least has a very necessary objective that takes a lot of time, and is impossible to be successful ONLY gankballing which makes it the most playable 4v4 other than Elmination. The back and forth factor generally makes for more fun and exciting games than your typical duel on a good day.

Brawl is just simply the most fun to me. As stated before it fun to shake it up and target back and forth strategically, provides a good challenge ect. It can be a 1v1 +1v1 but even in these scenarios you can still test your might against 2 separate enemies in one round, which also makes for a close call. Your teammate even still has a lot to factor in to this on how much damage he was able to accomplish while fighting that particular enemy, making the 1v1 still effected by your teammate. It makes things interesting.

If they brought back both Test Your Metal and Dance of Blades both would be instantly top 2 of the list. I still don’t understand why such an outclasment of other game modes in terms of entertainment have yet to be fully implemented into the game. Both are leagues better than every other game mode we have now. We have yet to see a game mode that is healthy in terms of community more than Test Your Metal too. It was the only game mode that helped against the toxticity of a large portion of players and helped bring others together more than ever. For once it was “wow man, you see that? That bot is such a turd ” rather than childish “you wouldn’t have won if you didn’t/ I didn’t/ lag/ insert other excuses along with childish vulgar names” like I get sometimes.

CandleInTheDark
05-13-2018, 03:01 PM
I agree. Dominion especially is the worst. It's not even playable anymore. Every fight is 3 or 4v1.

I just quit after 1.5 hours because its just so boring. The game has become boring as ****. Its more fun to fly through the black of space in Elite Dangerous for ****s sake.

Honestly I am finding that more interesting on the 1vx side of thigns. In my last game I fought one opponent, parried an external and my original opponent, finished that off, didn't get a chance to heal because the zone is still white, fought the original person who interfered and another to a standstill before one of my teammates joined in and we wound up holding the zone. Another game I held off a 1v3 focussing on defence until teammates came just as I killed one and took over.

Of course there are frustrating times when that 1v3 just kills you without you getting to land a shot or a 1v4 gets you (though sometimes just trying to hold that off is a good challenge) and I stand behind that dominion needs to have a rework in that objectives need to matter more, maybe it is that I am used to dodging around as an assassin and going with the parry and punish with lights before switching targets route with valkyrie is something that suits me better but if 1vx is going to happen I have found the results I have been getting worth the effort especially when I managed an 11-1 game, the one came against three but you fought of another two 1v3's in that game.

swiss_soldier_1
05-13-2018, 03:02 PM
I agree that brawl is another game mode that could be very funny. I spammed in this forum to get Dance of Death back because I think it's the best game mode this game has ever seen.

Problem with brawl is that EVERY match I'm put into is full of honor ***s that will just refuse do to a real 2v2 and will insist in having single duels one after the other. I normally don't care and attack my two enemies indiscriminatly, but then my ally will stop playing and I will have to deal with a 2v1 just because my teammmate is a *******.

Not exactly my definition of fun.

This game is dead.

Devils-_-legacy
05-13-2018, 03:50 PM
Honestly I am finding that more interesting on the 1vx side of thigns.

Maybe one or two games but since fraction rush I have played 121 games of dominon I can honestly say 100 of those games was a premade team of 4 vs 3 players (including myself) and a bot it's not very fun after awhile and when your whole team leaves and your left on 4 v 1 you may as well just leave the game lol

CandleInTheDark
05-13-2018, 04:57 PM
Maybe one or two games but since fraction rush I have played 121 games of dominon I can honestly say 100 of those games was a premade team of 4 vs 3 players (including myself) and a bot it's not very fun after awhile and when your whole team leaves and your left on 4 v 1 you may as well just leave the game lol

Yeah that can be annoying though I enjoyed a little schaudenfraude against a premade (well assuming premade, three of them had GGG before their name). They were murdering my team in their home Zone on forge working towards the spawn point, my team were two players two bots before I came in so pretty standard, I went around to theirs and kept it boosting and when one of them split to come for me I Valk spear swept him to death (I have max for blue gear stamina reduction, I might dislike stats but I will use them given everyone else is). I think I triggered the whole team because they all came for me one at a time while the rest were trying to keep my home zone until the fight drifted into theirs, I died twice, once I was revived the second put me in line to retake home when someone finally got it and left.

Now that is by far the exception not the rule, usually it would have ended with them spawn zone killing, especially since my team were the attackers and that is just terrible on the forge, but it was a nice ten minutes or so knocking off the GGG guys.

Devils-_-legacy
05-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Ive ran into that a couple of times getting chased across the map because you killed there "top" player but the worst for me personally is when u survive the gank get revenge mode from a multi parry everyone's on critical and you team kills you before you get to pop it then spam wow like they are the ones that just destroyed them or equally as annoying well your keeping the gankers busy your team are doing arnt doing the objectives the reason your even attempting a 4v1 there just watching you fight lol

CandleInTheDark
05-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Ive ran into that a couple of times getting chased across the map because you killed there "top" player but the worst for me personally is when u survive the gank get revenge mode from a multi parry everyone's on critical and you team kills you before you get to pop it then spam wow like they are the ones that just destroyed them or equally as annoying well your keeping the gankers busy your team are doing arnt doing the objectives the reason your even attempting a 4v1 there just watching you fight lol

Yeah sometimes players need to play a little more sensibly, had teammates knock off the last chunk of my health a few times and yeah if I am holding off three or four I expect to see a zone or the soldier lane at the least go white.

Charmzzz
05-14-2018, 08:31 AM
Most enjoyment for me is Tribute right now. I like to have alot of Duel / Brawl like Fights without having to Queue again and again. That's what Tribute is mostly like. When it comes to Dominion, well, I love to get "late" into a game with the enemy team leading by 500+ points, and then do the turnaround. Best feeling ever. Happens more than I would expect. Sometimes it is frustrating when you get the randoms and a Bot and your enemy team is full of skilled people you know... ^^

DrinkinMehStella
05-14-2018, 10:28 AM
tribute is defo much less ganking, I play that now as you can't really see a KD on the scoreboard so thats not really the focus.

bmason1000
05-14-2018, 05:15 PM
Are we just not acknowledging this part? No one wants to talk about how absurd this sounds?

Lord_Cherubi
05-14-2018, 06:45 PM
A while back i survived a 1v4 as lb, winning the match for us, havent talked smack bout dominion after that lol

Card1acArrest
05-14-2018, 10:22 PM
Dominion is fun, and a good reason why teh cent will stay as he is for a long time. Just played a team with 2 cents on their team and one error and you are dead.