PDA

View Full Version : Paying for addons

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Well, theres still a lot of talk and even a lot of ****ging off about the paying for addons for FB. Well i've just looked through the last 4 months of Oleg Maddox's posts and i've havent seen him remotely hint at this.

One thing that was mentioned was that there would be and patch first and addons later (makes sense, though if there are planes ready to go at the time of the patchs release im sure they will be there). But thats hardly a reference to paying for addons. Anyhow looking back the rumours started in one of Olegs Posts a while back when someone took what he said totally the wrong way and thought he was on about making peaple pay for addons. And its been since then that peaple have thought they will have to pay for new planes.

This is all based of evidence using Olegs Posts, if anyone can link me to evidence to the contrary feel free to do so, i'll admit im wrong, but it needs to be straight from the horses mouth not from what someone has said that they heard from someone else.

Anyhow thats my attempt to cool things down a little on that front.

Rageman - Living up to his name.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Well, theres still a lot of talk and even a lot of ****ging off about the paying for addons for FB. Well i've just looked through the last 4 months of Oleg Maddox's posts and i've havent seen him remotely hint at this.

One thing that was mentioned was that there would be and patch first and addons later (makes sense, though if there are planes ready to go at the time of the patchs release im sure they will be there). But thats hardly a reference to paying for addons. Anyhow looking back the rumours started in one of Olegs Posts a while back when someone took what he said totally the wrong way and thought he was on about making peaple pay for addons. And its been since then that peaple have thought they will have to pay for new planes.

This is all based of evidence using Olegs Posts, if anyone can link me to evidence to the contrary feel free to do so, i'll admit im wrong, but it needs to be straight from the horses mouth not from what someone has said that they heard from someone else.

Anyhow thats my attempt to cool things down a little on that front.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Wow me posts sinking faster than a lead filled life raft made of lead carrying lead passengers with lead life jackets fileld with lead.

Its as if everyones happy to be deluded /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Rageman,

I suspect that one of two things is happening.

Either

a) A large number of people are now frantically trawling through Oleg's posts to prove you wrong (or right),

or

b) People in general agree with you, and no-one disagrees with you enough to post about it.

Regardless, everyone has a lead zeppelin now and again, I wouldn't sweat it. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PS If you are called rageman, how come your post is so reasonable?

&lt;embed src="http://www.redhalibut.co.uk/webs/RedHalibut/images/flysig020503ii.swf" loop=true menu=false quality=high wmode=transparent bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=32 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"></EMBED>&lt;script>d="doc";doc=window[d+"ument"];var a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor = "#000000";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#000000";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#000000";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#000000";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Updates and patches where separate in IL2 so why should'nt they be with FB. All has been rumor as Ubi has neither denied or confirmed an addon. A few 3rd party planes do not warrant an addon, so perhaps if there is one it would have more maps or other things.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 04:02 PM
I dont think UBI has ever made any statements here. Only Oleg Maddox, so if theres going to be a pay-for addon he hasnt mentioned it. Im sorry for going on about this, but its causing a lot of "stress" in people, so I feel the record needs to be set straight.

And the name rageman comes from the way I play FPS games, I tend to be very aggressive in my game style at times.

Message Edited on 06/17/0304:06PM by Rageman

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 04:08 PM
I expect an imminant patch containing bug fixes for the under-the-bonnet stuff in FB. Maybe, one or two of the more long standing aircraft additions (Bf110, P51).

I expect an addon with a raft of 3rd party planes at a later date.

Maybe, the latter will be a pay-for solution, which given the extensive work done by 1C to release it would certainly not be unreasonable, nor would I think the majority of punters would object.

SSS

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 11:06 PM
I would be willing to pay for a Pacific Theater addon with aircraft carriers.

I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me computer games or give me television!

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 02:07 AM
single aircraft addons for Microsofts F2002pro cost about the same as the entire FB game ...

Compare the following (Australian) prices

Forgotten Battles. $69.95 AUS

Just Flight - Dash 8 aircraft for FS2002pro $69.95 AUS
Flight 1 - DC9 addon plane for FS2002pro $64.95 AUS
Vmax - B747-200 classic for Fs2002pro $69.95 AUS
Just Flight - Airbis A320 for FS2002pro $69.95 AUS
Flight 1 - 737-400 for FS2002pro $109.95 AUS
Flight 1 - Twin Otter addon plane for FS2002pro $64.95 AUS
Flight 1 - Cessna Cardinal for FS2002pro $64.95 AUS
Flight 1 - Cessna 421C for FS2002pro $54.95 AUS
Flight 1 - Piper Archer FS2002pro $64.95 AUS

These products are ALL single aircraft addons for FS2002 and all sell for close to or in some case much more ($109.95!!)than the original cost of the entire FB program.

I think IL2 users are actually somewhat spoilt http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 02:20 AM
WTE_Galway wrote:
-
- single aircraft addons for Microsofts F2002pro cost
- about the same as the entire FB game ...
-
- Compare the following (Australian) prices
-
- Forgotten Battles. $69.95 AUS
-
- Just Flight - Dash 8 aircraft for FS2002pro $69.95
- AUS
- Flight 1 - DC9 addon plane for FS2002pro $64.95 AUS
- Vmax - B747-200 classic for Fs2002pro $69.95 AUS
- Just Flight - Airbis A320 for FS2002pro $69.95 AUS
- Flight 1 - 737-400 for FS2002pro $109.95 AUS
- Flight 1 - Twin Otter addon plane for FS2002pro
- $64.95 AUS
- Flight 1 - Cessna Cardinal for FS2002pro $64.95 AUS
- Flight 1 - Cessna 421C for FS2002pro $54.95 AUS
- Flight 1 - Piper Archer FS2002pro $64.95 AUS
-
-
- These products are ALL single aircraft addons for
- FS2002 and all sell for close to or in some case
- much more ($109.95!!)than the original cost of the
- entire FB program.
-
- I think IL2 users are actually somewhat spoilt /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Amen Galway!!!! Look at all the addons for CFS 1 & 2.... the whole line of ABACUS stuff...Pearl Harbor, Midway, Flying Tigers, Tuskeege Airmen.... and the FS2002 stuff you mentioned. I dont know where so many of us get the idea that we are owed anything. I have games on my shelf right now that never ran as good as this out of the box..even with all the things that need tweaking. FB is a steal.....as is there is no sim like it..thats why most of those people who complain the loudest still fly it...... If it was as bad as they say you would think they would not play it..like I did with the other sims I dont play on my shelf. The thing is ...I had something better to turn to with those sims..... with FB..there is nothing better!!!! And you can bet that the add ons we get from Oleg will have more than one plane in them paid or not. THAT is why I have so much respect for the man and his company. They deserve it.
-
-

&lt;script>color="#B22222";a=document.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor=color;</script>

&lt;script>color="#004477";a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-4].bgColor=color;a[a.length-5].bgColor=co
lor;a[a.length-8].bgColor=color</script>

&lt;script>for(var pn in window){if(pn.match("doc"))var doc=window[pn];};var YourPicName='http://www.p51.mustangsmustangs.com/survivors/images/T42-103831.jpg'; var a=doc.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron