PDA

View Full Version : Main Characters & Crew

TOG_Vulcan
05-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Hi all

In the livestream #2 they've mentioned that you can have a lot of Crew members and even some Enemies can become a part of your crew. So I have some questions!

I know they've said that for some functions you need a specific crew, like running X-type space ship, you need that man over there:D but aside from that:

What else the Crew number means? Like I have about 200 crew member, do each of them have specific ability?
Does the Crew number mean anything? Like someone with 200 crew member should have more strength than another with 100?!
Can these guys help us in battles and missions and are we going to lose them?! like in a battle we lose 5 of them because they've been shot
Is there any morality & royalty system? something like in MGS V but more advance! like some of them react to you when you do evil things and some appreciate it!
So we can have some Enemies on our crew, Is there a trust meter for this? or some of them can join to spoil us from inside?
Can we send our crews to do some kind of side missions?
Do all the crew members should always be on our space ship? For Example Li Daiyu (The Woman in Red from the announce trailer) becomes our crew! Can we use her to still do her job on city or she will have to come to our space ship?
About some characters like Knox, do they have special missions? (Like Mass Effect 2) and is there a point that they may choose to leave us?

and some other things that are related to this topic!

I personally hope to see some gameplay and management stuff in all sections of the game, specially in this one!

Kamitto
05-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Hi all

In the livestream #2 they've mentioned that you can have a lot of Crew members and even some Enemies can become a part of your crew. So I have some questions!

Hey Vulcan. I don't think any of us here know anything more than what we've learned from the Livestreams and other information released, but we've certainly been speculating.

What else the Crew number means? Like I have about 200 crew member, do each of them have specific ability?
Does the Crew number mean anything? Like someone with 200 crew member should have more strength than another with 100?!
Can these guys help us in battles and missions and are we going to lose them?! like in a battle we lose 5 of them because they've been shot

I'm assuming — and hoping — that "crew members" is just another word for significant NPCs, rather than nameless disposable units that function more like a resource than characters.

Is there any morality & royalty system?

I think there has to be. I mean the game is called "Beyond Good and Evil". There's a discussion about this here (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1879582-How-do-we-go-quot-Beyond-Good-and-Evil-quot-in-a-more-authentic-way). Please add your thoughts!

Can we send our crews to do some kind of side missions?

This could be fun, but it can also be done poorly, like in Mass Effect: Andromeda. The challenge, I think, is that if other characters can be sent "off-screen" to do side missions, then those missions are probably not essential to the main plot, and maybe not all that interesting. Which raises the question of why include them at all. On the other hand, if they are interesting and essential, then players will probably want to directly experience and control that.

(Edit: There are other possibilities, I realize. The side missions might in themselves be inconsequential, but reveal something important to the main plot, or character development. What comes to mind is a mechanic from Suikoden 2, where you send a detective character out to investigate your other allies, learning their backstories and other interesting information.)

About some characters like Knox, do they have special missions? (Like Mass Effect 2) and is there a point that they may choose to leave us?

We're talking about this in the thread I linked above, too. A "morality" system might be too black and white, so maybe it should be more relative, and connected to character relationships.