PDA

View Full Version : Need a Fix for Reflex Guard

KotoKuraken
05-12-2018, 06:27 AM
Decided to get into Assassins recently, and I found a big problem: infinite 500ms light chains are basically impossible to block if you get hit once.

Tried it on Gladiator, Orochi, and Peacekeeper against both Conqueror and Aramusha, and I physically could not block the attacks even though I refreshed the guard in those directions. I can block them perfectly fine and very easily with a normal guard, but any Assassin I play gets stunlocked in place to where I can't block or dodge at all. I have to keep refreshing up and hope they hit top every once in awhile and hope I didn't take too much damage. Usually by the time I can get any block off, I've already taken 2-3 bars of health.

It'd be nice if I could at least block or dodge, but the current state of the reflex guard won't allow blocking consecutive 500ms lights, and there's no dodging out of that light chain either

PepsiBeastin
05-12-2018, 03:25 PM
hurr durr it's already been disproven, if someone can block it against a bot or in a custom game with extremely low ping that means you should be able to do it in every single mode durr you're just bad durrr a r a m u s h a c o m b o i s s i d e t o p s i d e t o p

But seriously, I use controller to play PC and with my average 50ms on both sides, I still struggle to block once I've taken a single stun. It's like any queued blocking while stunned does nothing, and you need to input it at the EXACT time between where the stun wears off and the next hit lands (seeming less than 100 ms), otherwise the block fails to input and you get hit again. I'm not sure about mouse and keyboard, but with controller this leads to me having to spam my thumbstick in one direction repeatedly to even get a chance at blocking.

Devils-_-legacy
05-12-2018, 04:09 PM
If they have a steady connection it shouldn't be a problem then maybe its a public havnt got the times right (I mainly play assassins and have no issue with the light spam) but anyone with a terrible ping rate I could see it becoming drastically more difficult I seen a video my friend made showing by setting your ping rate to 100 or over it can make you almost godly by the lag

KotoKuraken
05-12-2018, 06:56 PM
Usually the ping that shows when I have trouble blocking (or doing literally anything) while getting stunlocked by infinite light chain is between 60-120, which is half the time I play. As anyone else with a normal guard, I can just slap the guard over at the exact time and it blocks, and I can even dodge away from the chain without having to block at all.

Even though the assassin class is probably the most powerful class at the moment (aside from one particular vanguard who's more assassin than anything else), they should at least be able to block simple attacks

Devils-_-legacy
05-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Brutal honesty I don't know what to suggest as it sounds like there connection is giving them this advantage sorry