PDA

View Full Version : Need help against Centurion

TatoRezo
05-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Hey guys, so I recently got back to the game again, after quitting out of frustration about disbalance in heroes.

At the current state there still are trash tiers, but I'm happy to see that atleast 50% is viable.

So back to topic, I seem to be having problem against Centurion, mainly his cutscene combo, I usually beat them with Conq but want to generally be able to know what he does so I can counter him respectively.

Where is the window in his combo? when can i dodge or interrupt by a light attack? what other characters counter him well?

Tyrjo
05-12-2018, 06:27 AM
Do you mean you are caught by his charged heavy out in the open, or that you are getting GB:n and wall splatted?

KotoKuraken
05-12-2018, 06:33 AM
if he's going for an unblockable heavy, you can light attack him if your lights are fast enough, or roll away to guarantee you won't get pinned. If it's a regular charged heavy, light attacks do well

Jazz117Volkov
05-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Couple of helpful things to know about Centurions, firstly, unless they splat you on a wall their bark is much worse than their bite, they might be quick but they're low damage outside of the cut-scene. Second, and more helpful thing, centurions are weak versus side dashing attacks, and their hard feint is garbage so you don't have to worry too much about being baited.

If they're trying to press hard, turtle-up and wait for a punch or kick, dodge it and punish accordingly. Their charged heavies are pretty easy to dodge and punish too. Don't get too parry hungry because their soft-feints will catch you. Also, perhaps the most irritating part about dealing with centurions, their heavies aren't practically vulnerable to guard breaks, so you have too fight them with bug bites and counter attacks.

EvoX.
05-12-2018, 02:53 PM
Well, this is a nice surprise - someone wants to learn rather than cry for nerf to a severely underpowered hero.

As a Cent main, here are the three most important things you need to effectively render us useless.

1. Never have your back against a wall. If you know that is the case, slowly rotate away; don't dodge, just walk to the side and position yourself away from it. Boom, half of his strength is useless.

2. Take it easy with the parry game. Centurions like to soft feint their heavy to GB regularly, though most tend to do it on the second hit in a chain. I never bother parrying it, if you really want that parry - aim for the first hit. But against Cent, all you have to do is.... literally block. From there, it's just a matter of your own offense.

3. Go into the arena, and make the AI do only Legion's Kick and Heavy to Jab. Those two are his unblockable bashes and they're incredibly easy to dodge, you just need to practice getting the muscle memory in your head. Your Conqueror's Shield Bash is five times better than both of those moves combined.

It's painful how accustomed to Centurion every single player is by now, but my hope that he will get a rework is still alive.