PDA

View Full Version : Centurion and Shinobi are reason why I am done with For Honor-at least for now.

NHLGoldenKnight
05-12-2018, 12:48 AM
Before I start, just to remind you that English is my second language so keep that in mind.

I like the game. I really do. It is unique in its own way, fighting system for most part is fine and visuals are very good as well as animations.

However, game always struggled when it comes to hero balance. Big guys were (and still are) at disadvantage when compared to assassins and even damage wise, they are not doing any better. But I played along since as long as same rules apply for everyone, I stand a chance. Until you decided to buff Centurion and Shinobi....again.

I started playing games long time ago with Gran Prix 1988 and Cycles 1989 if a remember correctly. I probably played hundreds of different games over the years in which sometimes I was very good and sometimes very bad. But I was never getting angry or frustrated. I simply enjoyed challenge.

Why I am telling you all of this? Because finally, I lost my temper completely, and of course, I have For Honor and Ubisoft to thank for it. I yelled, I exchanged some nast words with my wife, your studio and the almighty God and I broje my controller in many little pieces. After, I was all shaking I my blood pressure was through the roof. At that point, I knew I was done with For Honor.

It is not about losing, it really isn't. It is about complete nonsense when it comes to logic behing Centurion and Shinobi. There are other balancing issues with Shaman for instance, but at least it doesn't break fundamental rules of the game. Centurion and Shinobi do, and badly so. Fighting Centurion is like watching a movie, one cut scene after another. I feel like a rag doll, unable to move or react in almost every instance. I don't panic, it is just that I am not getting any input from my hero. Even rolling back is a challenge since without stamina, Centurion almost always gets me with that jump of his. His all move set completely ignores rules set by the game and there is no actual fight with this guy. He will parry and you will die in most ridiculous way. He is even worse from 4v4 perspective since it is much harder to keep an eye on every cheesy move he has. And he has a lot of those!

Shinobi is less deadly but equally annoying. He breaks rules of the game by having range attacks and being able to get you even when he us out of your range or even field of view. He can run from opposing team all day long even when all of his friend are dead and it is time to end the game. Because of him, every slower hero simply has to turtle, because he can engage and disengage at his convenience. He can parry pole axe or great axe with his gardering tools. He his wearing a pajamas and fighting with gardering tools yet hyperarmor?

I really feel like there is a lot of bias going on for certain heroes at your studio. I can understand that developers can be emotionally invested into game but they shouldn't show as much bias as they do, at least in my opinion.

So, I know you could care less for 1 player leaving the game but I just can't continue like this anymore. You are ignoring logic when it comes to almost every new hero we got after OGs, and it became to much for me.

I will still keep an eye on future updates and reworks in the case you decide to actually fix the game and I hope you do that. But for now, I have to stay out of it. Thank you.

Mirage6201
05-13-2018, 02:48 AM
I hate shinobi bc he has small arms. If you both have 50ms latency, itís hard to see his light attack animations.

Dane520123
05-13-2018, 04:01 AM
If you canít handle 2 of some of the buttest characters in the game maybes itís best if you do stop playing lol..

SpaceJim12
05-13-2018, 12:46 PM
Can't see any problems with Shinobis. oo
And now I play Shinobi myself and should say 60% of my range attacks are useless. Parried, blocked, CGB. All that. You should play VERY smart to do range attacks, wait for right moment. Always keep distance.
My suggestion is to try to play Shinobi or Cent yourself. You'll it's not so easy, sometimes almost impossible to do things you discribed.

Baturai
05-13-2018, 03:03 PM
100% agree with you.
1. Track on certain attacks in This game have to be Removed
2. shihobis Light track + insane range for those garden tools and Backflip Ha has to be Removed. İ am ok with kick Ha
3. Same goes for Berserker. İf he should be having HA , he shoud also receive increased Damage. 30% more for example. Not just because he is an AssassŁne but also cuz of Silly Armor he has.
And tracking on his Stupid Zone Shoud also be removed. zone parry should be rewarded with heavy .
4. Conqs insane guard recovery + spammable and timeable Shield bash needs A nerf. Either Stamina cost or Cooldown has to be implemented. Spamm 1 single attack is anoying and requires no Skill.
5. Highlander After Failed kick he shouldnt have instant Guard recovery.
Kick And Grab Combo is İnsane. İts very hard to Dodge for Slow heroes, Sometimes his grab goes through blades.. ( Just because u didnt time properly) :/ İf you have short range and a bad dodge attack you are pretty Much screwed.
Reduce his Damage !
6. gladiator Remove any Track on this Hero ! Especially His zone Track!

7. shaman Cancelable dodge sometimes flicker with Light and Headbutt. which makes it incredible hard to dodge. İts Anoying as hell.

8. Range Weapon wielders Such As Kensei nobushi highlander Raider Glad have incredible Gb Track.
Aswell as Close range heroes should not Cloose the huge distance between them Range weapon wielders when going for a Gb. Track on Gb has to be Removed. Put reliable Distance values please.

Nokhchalla
05-13-2018, 09:33 PM
Before I start, just to remind you that English is my second language so keep that in mind.

I like the game. I really do. It is unique in its own way, fighting system for most part is fine and visuals are very good as well as animations.

However, game always struggled when it comes to hero balance. Big guys were (and still are) at disadvantage when compared to assassins and even damage wise, they are not doing any better. But I played along since as long as same rules apply for everyone, I stand a chance. Until you decided to buff Centurion and Shinobi....again.

This right here is the absolute truth and smartest thing I've read on these forums in a long time.
EDIT: Another thing I want to add is that tracking has to be DECREASED! It's impossible to escape from these PK's and Shamans who jump 50 meters away and still hit you.

Dane520123
05-13-2018, 10:22 PM
This game is gonna be irrelevant if it already isnít in about a couple months.

UbiInsulin
05-13-2018, 10:28 PM
Gonna go ahead and close this one up due to a now-deleted flamewar.