PDA

View Full Version : Gonna buy CH fighterstick and pro throttle, but what about rudder?

Holycannoli
12-25-2004, 10:25 PM
(this is addressed to CH setup owners)

I don't have the money to buy the rudder pedals yet, but I'm gonna buy the fighterstick and throttle as my current stick is broken. I researched the Cougar and it seems more bells and whistles than a good quality, long lasting setup, so CH is the way for me.

So what kind of rudder control can I get from just the stick and throttle? I'm hoping there's at least a 'rocker switch'. I know some throttles have that rocker switch that controls rudder, and my now-broken Afterburner had both that rocker switch and twisting stick for rudder control that I could choose between.

Will I be able to use rudder with just the CH fighterstick and pro throttle? Or will I have to wait for the pedals? (like I said, my current stick is broken so waiting for the pedals too will be painful!)

(Btw, I can't find a CH forum anywhere. Does one even exist? Cuz I swear I saw one at one time offering tech help from CH themselves)

Holycannoli
12-25-2004, 10:25 PM
(this is addressed to CH setup owners)

I don't have the money to buy the rudder pedals yet, but I'm gonna buy the fighterstick and throttle as my current stick is broken. I researched the Cougar and it seems more bells and whistles than a good quality, long lasting setup, so CH is the way for me.

So what kind of rudder control can I get from just the stick and throttle? I'm hoping there's at least a 'rocker switch'. I know some throttles have that rocker switch that controls rudder, and my now-broken Afterburner had both that rocker switch and twisting stick for rudder control that I could choose between.

Will I be able to use rudder with just the CH fighterstick and pro throttle? Or will I have to wait for the pedals? (like I said, my current stick is broken so waiting for the pedals too will be painful!)

(Btw, I can't find a CH forum anywhere. Does one even exist? Cuz I swear I saw one at one time offering tech help from CH themselves)

Von_Rat
12-25-2004, 11:49 PM
i own the full ch setup, my opinion is you should get the pedels for rudder. you might be able to use the mini mouse stick on the throttle for the rudder, but i have never tried this.i know you can map it as rudder. but how easy it would be to use i cant say. i would buy the stick and pedels first. you can fly fine with the throttle on the stick.

the hat switch on the stick is a little hi for my taste, so i use the hat on throttle. this might be another thing to consider.

BuzzU
12-25-2004, 11:52 PM
You might be able to use the mini stick for rudder. It is an axis. I've never tried it though. Here's a site for you.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/news.php

Bearcat99
12-26-2004, 07:19 AM
Why not get an X45 or X52 and some pedals... put the money you save towards a Track IR. You figure a CH stick and throttle will run you what....... @$220 or so.... Toss in another $100 for the pedals. An X45 or X52 will do the job. If you get a product rplacement plan you will be set.

The cheapest I have found the combo set up was $308.95 http://www.esscoaircraft.com/products/15901-mini.gif (http://www.esscoaircraft.com/level.itml/icOid/10228)

Holycannoli
12-26-2004, 07:57 AM
Well I plan on spending about $300 for stick, throttle and pedals anyway and I've wanted CH products since I started researching all these devices.

Problem is, I don't have $300 in my budget yet, I can't fly IL2 at all since my joystick is broken, and I don't wanna spend money on joystick I don't want knowing I'll be replacing it with CH anyway (it's a waste).

So my choices are either wait till I have $300 and not fly at all for a while (which sucks!), buy the stick and pedals and use throttle on the stick (sounds good), or get a cheap stick in the meantime and wait.

Oh and hey! CH hangar is that forum I visited long ago! I know cuz I just saw the avatar of the bearded guy who was offering all the tech help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

x6BL_Brando
12-26-2004, 08:12 AM
I agree with the idea of grabbing the FighterStick and the pedals now, and getting the throttle when you've saved up the dough.
You can fit 14x3x2=104 commands onto a fighterstick, using the three modes and the shift. Plus you will have your brakes and one other option on your pedals...I have flaps, always useful for a swift dab on takeoff or in combat.

If you use TrackIR you also get another 24 possible commands on the top-hat! While I hear Bearcat's sensible, budget-oriented suggestion, I can really recommend going with the CH kit....I have 3600 hours on my Fighterstick/ Pro Pedals combo and I've only really needed to do one repair - rejoining a severed wire in the pedal-base. It's a recognised problem and may well have been fixed at the production stage already. All the hardware works correctly, and so does the software & drivers. Control Manager takes a bit of learning, but functions flawlessly, and anyway you will get all the help you need from the guys at CHhangar.

Jaws2002
12-26-2004, 08:40 AM
My suggestion: Get the stick and pedals now and get the throttle after. I consider the pedals more essential then the throttle.

daloon
12-26-2004, 11:13 AM
No Need for rudders! Use the left and right button on the face on the throttle face for rudder control. You put the rudder (left or right) key command in the appropriate "press" box and put the (center rudder) key in the "release" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif box for each command. The rudder will travel in the desired direction until you release the button. More complex management may be possible with added program commands.

GoToAway
12-26-2004, 12:36 PM
I've got an X45 and a set of CH Pro rudder pedals. I have no complaints about this set up and CH's pedals are high quality and have been a joy to use thus far.