PDA

View Full Version : Are these really the new S6 Ranked Ornaments?

Vakris_One
05-10-2018, 10:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1VBx7GS.png

^ All of them are the same thing for every character. I guess we stopped trying and gave it the Bio treatment huh? Question: do you honestly expect people to que up for Ranked duel for these very mediocre looking ornaments that furthermore are no longer even unique to each character?

I have to say this is a big let down. You might as well have left the Season 4 and 5 Ranked ornaments as the rewards rather than deciding to completely phone it in like this for Season 6's ornaments. Ranked duel was already struggling to get more players to play it and now you choose to downgrade literary the only reason people even put up with the obscenely long wait time to find a tournament to play in.

This is sub par quality work and will not help ranked duel obtain a decent player pool, in fact it will actually lower the player pool further because these ornaments - and I mean this one single copy/pasted ornament - are/is underwhelming as all hell. At least leave the Season 4 and 5 ornaments and alternate between them until you can create another set of unique ones for each hero. As it stands this decision will completely kill off what little interest ranked duel held for players.

Original info found here:
https://imgur.com/a/RumA6yk

Mia.Nora
05-11-2018, 01:24 AM
Can't say I am surprised the least. It is the exact same pattern they took with Faction War ornaments, where S1 had distinguished unique ornaments for each hero in S1 then dropped to a shared single ornament.

If they follow the same pattern *maybe* they might make one ornament each for each faction in next season tournament rewards, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

At that point I am certain they realized what every player during Closed Beta for Tournament told them; making Ranked work as a tournament was a stupid idea in a game with such low activity. It should have been Ranked Duels, with rewards given at the end of season based on rank. Now they are cutting the costs for dead game mode they wont invest anymore and will it leave in beta forever.

They were so out of touch with the reality of the game they even added preliminary rounds thinking there would be 16-32 people at the start of every tourney. There are times I just can not comprehend how come those guys keep their job.

Dry.Fish
05-11-2018, 01:59 AM
Very disappointing.

How could you not recognize Warden's plume, Valkyrie's big horn and Raider's four horned ornament.

isomemory
05-11-2018, 02:41 AM
For some STUPID reason, I thought that they would finally, FINALLY understand that in order for ranked to be fun, we need incentive and reward!!! Seeing this today... Why? I don't even have words - even worse, they acted excited about it. Ugh.

HazelrahFirefly
05-11-2018, 02:47 AM
In a sick, stupid way.... I'm very happy about these ornaments being crap. I don't have to win a single tournament this year.

Gotta get to the finals a lot though because, to be fair, the rest of the rewards seem great.0

Dane520123
05-11-2018, 03:36 AM
Is this a joke?. Lol theirs 0 point in doing ranked modes, they minace well remove them from the game, they’re pointless

ChampionRuby50g
05-11-2018, 04:30 AM
This is the standard we should expect now. That way we won’t get dissapointed ever again.

Tyrjo
05-11-2018, 06:54 AM
This is very, very unfortunate. :nonchalance: When I saw those ornaments, I was thinking: "I want none of those". Feathers on a Shugoki, or Raider? No thanks.

Duel Tournament needs a big shake up.

A five point plan to revitalize Duel Tournament.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1872231-How-to-remedy-Duel-Tournament

1. Make the tournament a special game mode, it's only natural to not have tournaments open all the time. Have it open on weekends, Friday to Sunday. This will direct the activity to a shorter time span and will results in better matchmaking.

2. Introduce a 1vs1 ladder that is always open, for competitive play during times the tournament is closed.

3. Increase the steel and XP rewards by 50%. Reward forfeit wins as well.

4. Each season, issue a season order to get a placement rank in Duel Tournament. This order rewards 2000 steel. Once this order is completed each weekend you get an order to participate in a Duel Tournament. This orders rewards 500 steel.

5. Create reward tiers depending on which rank you achieve after the season is finished. If you finish higher up in the ranks you get more interesting rewards.

Bonus
6. The whole tournament needs to be snappier. The wait timer in between matches needs to be cut down by half. I'm not talking about waiting for the other matches to finish, I mean the actual time when the all matches are decided until your next match starts.

Do we really need to see the whole "Whetstone Wankers vs Screaming Ballsacks" intro? It's irrelevent, no one cares. Scrap it.

XJadeDragoonX
05-11-2018, 03:41 PM
This is pretty pathetic. They should have just kept the old ornaments. They were all cool. Now they're removing the unique ornaments that people actually like... To give everyone the same ******** looking ornament. Nobody is gonna play ranked. Such ****ing nonsense lol. Just remove it from the game. Nobody plays it anyway. I'm soooooo disappointed

Bierbauchchief1
05-11-2018, 05:35 PM
I guess im not going to play ranked this season.
Why should i play a gamemode full of toxicity (more than usual) climbing up to diamond which is ****ing sweaty and then get some ugly *** ornaments and not even a season rank reward?
Why is there even a rank system if you dont get a rank reward?
People want to show off so why dont give them a rank based emblem outline?
That would be more than enough reason to play tournament

Vakris_One
05-11-2018, 06:07 PM
This is very, very unfortunate. :nonchalance: When I saw those ornaments, I was thinking: "I want none of those". Feathers on a Shugoki, or Raider? No thanks.

Duel Tournament needs a big shake up.

A five point plan to revitalize Duel Tournament.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1872231-How-to-remedy-Duel-Tournament

1. Make the tournament a special game mode, it's only natural to not have tournaments open all the time. Have it open on weekends, Friday to Sunday. This will direct the activity to a shorter time span and will results in better matchmaking.

2. Introduce a 1vs1 ladder that is always open, for competitive play during times the tournament is closed.

3. Increase the steel and XP rewards by 50%. Reward forfeit wins as well.

4. Each season, issue a season order to get a placement rank in Duel Tournament. This order rewards 2000 steel. Once this order is completed each weekend you get an order to participate in a Duel Tournament. This orders rewards 500 steel.

5. Create reward tiers depending on which rank you achieve after the season is finished. If you finish higher up in the ranks you get more interesting rewards.

Bonus
6. The whole tournament needs to be snappier. The wait timer in between matches needs to be cut down by half. I'm not talking about waiting for the other matches to finish, I mean the actual time when the all matches are decided until your next match starts.

Do we really need to see the whole "Whetstone Wankers vs Screaming Ballsacks" intro? It's irrelevent, no one cares. Scrap it.
I agree with everything you wrote. Although I do like the team names and the anouncer voice is cool and sometimes funny. I'd want that to stay seeing as it's not super long and it adds to the feeling of playing a ranked deul rather than just a normal duel.

They really, really need to focus on getting incentives for players to come and play ranked and to that end they need to make it much more accessible and waste less of the player's time. So far they have only focused on the ornaments as the sole incentive and now they even go and score an own goal by downgrading the ornaments thereby killing what little incentive there was.

At this rate ranked Duel will stay in "beta" indefintely and ranked Dominion isn't even worthy of being called an early alpha release.

UbiJurassic
05-12-2018, 12:35 AM
We appreciate everyone that has shared their thoughts in regards to the ornaments and we want to let everyone know that we are reading you loud and clear. The team will be discussing this and we will let players know if we have any news regarding the tournament ornaments for Season 6.

ChampionRuby50g
05-12-2018, 12:45 AM
We appreciate everyone that has shared their thoughts in regards to the ornaments and we want to let everyone know that we are reading you loud and clear. The team will be discussing this and we will let players know if we have any news regarding the tournament ornaments for Season 6.

I know your just doing your job and In no way am I mad at you or is this directed at you but.... are we really been read loud and clear? If this was the case, wouldn’t the team have known that we want better rewards and more incentives to play Ranked, something more unique months ago judging by these forums, not rewards that are actually worse and the exact opposite of unique? Better rewards and fixes have been shared on these forum countless times, but only now we are been read loud and clear? This does make it seem to me like the dev team are not paying attention to anything at all that comes from these forums and just twiddle their thumbs in the mean time while combing reddit for memes to add in.

UbiJurassic
05-12-2018, 01:18 AM
I know your just doing your job and In no way am I mad at you or is this directed at you but.... are we really been read loud and clear? If this was the case, wouldn’t the team have known that we want better rewards and more incentives to play Ranked, something more unique months ago judging by these forums, not rewards that are actually worse and the exact opposite of unique? Better rewards and fixes have been shared on these forum countless times, but only now we are been read loud and clear? This does make it seem to me like the dev team are not paying attention to anything at all that comes from these forums and just twiddle their thumbs in the mean time while combing reddit for memes to add in.

I definitely understand the frustrations that both you and many other players have expressed about the rewards. While I know Reddit is mentioned quite a bit more on stream than other parts of the community, like the forums, I can assure you that the community team works to ensure that the opinions and ideas shared here are represented equally when brought forward to the team.

The tournament rewards have been a prevalent concern across all parts of the community since the announcement on the stream. Throughout the life cycle of the game, we have always sought to address the concerns of the community and to make changes to the benefit of players. It's happened with changes to Steel and XP gain during launch, it's happened with the standardization of Faction War rewards after Season 2, and it's happened with the change in network architecture from P2P to dedicated servers.

With that said, this is not a promise that the changes you want will be coming. As I've already said, the team will be looking to have discussions about this and we'll look to communicate further regarding it as news becomes available.

ChampionRuby50g
05-12-2018, 07:55 AM
I definitely understand the frustrations that both you and many other players have expressed about the rewards. While I know Reddit is mentioned quite a bit more on stream than other parts of the community, like the forums, I can assure you that the community team works to ensure that the opinions and ideas shared here are represented equally when brought forward to the team.

The tournament rewards have been a prevalent concern across all parts of the community since the announcement on the stream. Throughout the life cycle of the game, we have always sought to address the concerns of the community and to make changes to the benefit of players. It's happened with changes to Steel and XP gain during launch, it's happened with the standardization of Faction War rewards after Season 2, and it's happened with the change in network architecture from P2P to dedicated servers.

With that said, this is not a promise that the changes you want will be coming. As I've already said, the team will be looking to have discussions about this and we'll look to communicate further regarding it as news becomes available.

I really do appreciate the work you, UbiInsuliun and FredEx do (just to name a few) and I know you guys try your hardest to get our feedback to the team.

I do have to admit that the team did make a lot of welcome changes, and lag compensation has recently made me play a lot more often and the change has been a big improvement. But if these ornaments for Ranked are becoming standardised to be the same across the board for all hero’s, that not only removes the the feeling of getting something special for your favourite hero but makes the rewards bland and players are simply not interested in that.

I get what you mean, and I respect the devs right to change the game they see fit and know it won’t always go my way. It just seems absurd to almost appear to go the complete opposite direction of community wishes. I’m looking forward to E3 and the next few dens. I’ve had such high expectations for this game, and seriously had a good time playing it, and hope to be playing it long in the future. But at the moment I’m very on the fence though.