PDA

View Full Version : I just ran into a Garbage Warden in Duel

Archo-Vax
05-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Whenever things got hairy he would resort to spamming "Top Light, Shoulder Bash, Top Light, Shoulder Bash, Top-Light, Shoulder Bash". My Light Attacks weren't fast enough to stop it, and I couldn't dodge at all. How many of you are going to tell me "JuSt DoDgE, sCrUb"?

Arekonator
05-09-2018, 08:10 PM
Just roll away, lol.

Dry.Fish
05-09-2018, 08:15 PM
Don't switch guard to block the light attack then back dodge on his second attempt and hope he doesn't go for the GB. If he sees that you're dodging he might mix it up and go for the GB instead of the light attack.

Xinlyfenne
05-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Depending on your class, if the Warden is only doing light+SB, you can back dodge and then do a move to counter it. Here's the video that explains how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSWO4dXVKbk

DoctorMcBatman
05-09-2018, 09:33 PM
I'd prefer to have dueled this warden.

Last night I dueled the ultimate turtle warden. He barely attacked at all, and when it was, it was a zone 80% of the time. I wore him down and out-turtled him a bit. I didn't want to have to play like that, but what else can I do.

BTTrinity
05-09-2018, 10:11 PM
Just roll away, lol.

Now I actually agree with you :P

Vakris_One
05-09-2018, 11:04 PM
What character were you playing and why didn't you block the top lights after you recognised the pattern?

Archo-Vax
05-09-2018, 11:04 PM
Now I actually agree with you :P

Does it not strike you as a problem that one is forced to roll away from any combatant? Besides, once he has you in the vortex, doing so is all but impossible.

Arekonator
05-10-2018, 12:10 AM
Once he has you in the vortex, you unlock and then just press dodge to roll away after you get hit by the (double)light before he can hit you with shoulderbash again.

I honestly thought this was bait post..

Archo-Vax
05-10-2018, 12:52 AM
Once he has you in the vortex, you unlock and then just press dodge to roll away after you get hit by the (double)light before he can hit you with shoulderbash again.

I honestly thought this was bait post..

No. It's not. I do not "bait".
Does it not come across as an issue, when the only way to avoid a losing is to Unlock and run?

Arekonator
05-10-2018, 01:22 AM
Its not the only way to avoid losing, though. If you got fast enough attack, you can hit him out of it. If you are confident in your reads, you can play his mind game with him and punish him when you get it right. It not the only way, its just the safest way with no extra rewards. And no, it doesnt seem like issue to me.

SpaceJim12
05-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Depending on your class, if the Warden is only doing light+SB, you can back dodge and then do a move to counter it. Here's the video that explains how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSWO4dXVKbk

As Shinobi I saw soooo many times now, when back dodge just do not work. I mean, I do back dodge after attack (special for shinobi) and than see how every attack just magneting to me. Same I saw with Kensei's pommel strike. I see when it comes, do a back dodge, but 50% of time this thing just magneting to me.

BTTrinity
05-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Does it not strike you as a problem that one is forced to roll away from any combatant? Besides, once he has you in the vortex, doing so is all but impossible.

No I dont see it as an issue, at all...... Once he has me in the "Vortex" I let go of LT and roll out before the SB connects... I find it even less of an issue with Warden because rolling counters 85% of his kit and after they see that SB wont work all they have left is Zone and Crushing Counter.... This is the reason Warden needs a rework just as bad as Old Kensei.

PS. Its not unlocking and running, its unlocking and resetting the fight to neutral....